FreedomFighter

Possible Fix for slow launcher install/download speed

Kurogane666

I got the launchee downloaded and installed now I'm trying to install the actual game and it keeps every couple percent coming up that there's no connection to the server it is seriously starting to piss me off I'm at 48% after 12 hours

Edited by Kurogane666

MatoN

My download speed seemed to be capping at around 300-400kb's that's roughly the speed i get while using a VPN connecting to America, but i haven't used a VPN in months... and it was auto setting my server to America. So i launched my VPN and set the location to Australia(where i live..) then it went to max download speed. Sounds a bit weird setting your VPN to the country you are in, but hey it worked for me! might be a fix for a few people who are still having trouble.

saibot0

Even with ipv6 removed i still don't get better download speeds :( I am stuck at 2 mb even though i used to download the game at 50 mb/s but reinstalled cuz of a reshade issue

Reven14
On 7/3/2019 at 10:28 AM, PIG-Mathieu said:

Hello,

If you have slow download speeds, please try to disable your IPV6 settings here :

image.png

If you still have this issue, reinstalling the launcher and running it as admin can help.

If you can not fix the issue with the changes above, please contact us here :

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support

We'll help you as soon as we can. Regards.

Mon vrai héro merci frérot !   

My real hero thanks bro !

From 150Ko/s -------> To 24Mb/s

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

enigmatic

Stuck trying to download patch 0.12 @ 27KB/SEC. THIS IS ducking RIDICULOUS. 

Originally started downloading at 120KB/sec 8 and a half hours ago, and I thought I was mad then. It's just gotten gradually slower throughout the day.

All other updates and downloads through the launcher prior to this were at a minimum of 1MB/sec. I've tried running as an Administrator and tried disabling and unchecking IPv6 all with no help. What the hell is this poo

DaDorn666
20 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Stuck trying to download patch 0.12 @ 27KB/SEC. THIS IS ducking RIDICULOUS. 

Originally started downloading at 120KB/sec 8 and a half hours ago, and I thought I was mad then. It's just gotten gradually slower throughout the day.

All other updates and downloads through the launcher prior to this were at a minimum of 1MB/sec. I've tried running as an Administrator and tried disabling and unchecking IPv6 all with no help. What the hell is this poo

hey idk if you or any one else tried this yet.. but i use a wired connection well if you still have a wifi connection on it will mess it up so i go into network settings and completely disable wifi and only leave the wired connection on.. went from 100kb to 50MBs

Encense

Nothing here helped, guess ill be here for 20 hours.

alec_ernstrom

@enigmatic Yep - same problem here. 1Mb for me. Tried all the previously mentioned "fixes". 
Weird - I only had this problem with latest release. Never had this issue before.

• Like 1

mirzak

I am having the issue now with the new release, never had this before. Tried everything listed here (except VPN, I refuse to give money into that just to be able to play a game that I already paid for). Fix this, its a bug on your side.

Edited by mirzak

Poriomania
On 8/31/2018 at 6:30 AM, KarmasGotcha said:

Found the fix guys, Turn off IPv6 on your adapter. That will fix your problem quickly. I went from 50k a second to 26mbs. 

Uh, the fact we are still using IPv4 at all is saddening. That this would speed up the download only shows that your internet provider is actively trying to ruin internet infrastructure.

DowneyDetergent

Having the same issues unfortunately. Disabling IPv6 works for about 10 seconds, showing upwards to 30-50 MB/sec, before crashing back down to 1 MB/sec. On top of that, I constantly have to retry. I leave my computer to download, and its always failed once I come back. I've been trying to download this game for two days now and I've barely gotten to 50%. So discouraging. 

I had the game installed but it was doing this when I tried to update. I literally did everything from disabling IPv6, to reinstalling the launcher, running it as admin, etc. I've tried it all. And nothing. So what the hell will contacting support do?

Edited by DowneyDetergent
Additional information
  • Like 1

ZionOne

greetings,

i deactivated ipv6, reinstalled launcher and started as admin.

still very poor downloadspeed. any ideas??

ChewieTWookiee
On 1/6/2020 at 12:44 PM, ZionOne said:

greetings,

i deactivated ipv6, reinstalled launcher and started as admin.

still very poor downloadspeed. any ideas??

Get a VPN and connect to a Romanian server, I went from 250KB/s to 15+MB/s

• Like 1

RobertBest2x2
5 hours ago, ChewieTWookiee said:

Get a VPN and connect to a Romanian server, I went from 250KB/s to 15+MB/s

Damn, I am from Romania and I still get the 1mb/s download speed. Feels bad

fershmaxi

Hey Guys :) 

So maybe i have the solution. You have to get a new IP-Adress for your Router. In order to do that, restart the router by tacking the 

electrical plug away for 10seconds. Then the router will get a new Adress from your Provider from the stack they have. 

Maybe it will help you, i got from 250kilobits per second to my 4mb/s.

Edited by fershmaxi
  • Like 1

TheDV
On 12/26/2018 at 7:27 AM, rozin said:

hey man so i installed the tunnel bear vpn and this helped my download speed. ive tried everything else and this was the last step. it bumped me from 3kb to 2 mb :D

i also had to pay $50 for tunnel bear

btw lmao this is a nightmare

if you do get tunnel bear, make sure you switch your location to romania... much faster than having it on US

For poor people like me, you can install Windscribe vpn with 10gb free. Made me go from 50kb to 6mb. 🙂

bamkenobi

Also had 1 mb max download speed. 

Deactivated ipv6, restarted router and pc.

Now downloading with 8mb.

_ShadowMech_

I just tried the IPv6 fix and it worked for me. I was getting under 1Mbps and now it's using most of my Gigabit connection.

RevBeard

Not really looking for a response. Just need to vent so my fragile spirit can begin the healing process.

The fact that threads like this exist and that this issue has apparently existed for years... is just poor customer support. I just paid $45 for a game (the most I've paid for a game in a few years). Now I can't play it because servers are restricting downloads to 600Kbs. 

It wouldn't be so bad if the connection was consistent, at least. I'm not above just letting something run and coming back to it later. As it stands, I can't even do that. Every 20-30 minutes, the launcher says I lost connection, and I need to hit a button to retry. Of course I want to retry. I've been trying to download this game for 5 hours. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I literally had to babysit any kind of data transfer. This whole experience is like a glimpse back into the 20th century.

Tried normal download. 600kbs

I've tried disabling IPv6. No change.

I've tried using VPN. (tried multiple US servers. Tried multiple UK servers. Tried multiple AUS servers. Tried RUS and several other countries) No change

Tried VPN with IPv6 disabled. No change.

Tried setting as high priority in task manager. No change.

There's no reason that this should be such a persistent issue. If this were a steam game, it would have been the first game i refunded without even playing. 

In the words of Le Magnifique, "Garage league"

• Like 2

Fronkel

Still the same ducking AFTER 1YEAR?!???????????????????????????????
i try any possible fix of this issue. nothing works. the supp team dont know anything about it.
not any fixes on the internet now i need to wait around 2days for download this game on 20KBPS
and every time i need to press retry on error message. i cant even explain how stupid and broken this game is. 

wilderr

SOLVED: go to this video and follow the steps - DL speed went from 2MB to 19 MB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqZsVND6KGU

• Sad 1

KikiG4mer

i just had the same problem of having slow download speed, Disabling IPv6  didn't fix it

what i did is the i downloaded windscribe VPN it is 16 MB download, the vpn is free (they give you 10-20 GB a month)

the vpn installation took me 20 secs and as soon as i opened the vpn and connected to a server the EFT Download went full speed :)

• Like 2

xrayrentgen

It looks like the game will never be fully released.