Drakkaar

[DISCUSSION] - FOV and It's Pros / Cons

I think 90 would be a good middle ground max should be 110. If 70 is the max that would be a disappointment but i'm pretty sure they are uping it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

After going from a 35" screen to a 34" screen and now my latest 49" with 3840x1080 resolution I can't help but to wish that people with non-standard displays would be taken in to consideration with proper FOV adjustments. I did spend one night testing Tarkov out on a 19" 1440x900 75hz display for the fun of it and even though I enjoyed the experience I do understand why something like 120 FOV would just ruin it completely.

I understand the point of people not wanting to allow for "competitive advantage" to people who are "well off" enough to enjoy these big displays with massive aspect ratios, but rather than just deciding on against support we should find middle ground or ways of enjoying the game without having to lose just because someone has a better screen, but just as much we need for people to be able to enjoy fully the fruit of their labor.

Right now I'm seriously bummed out and regret buying the early access. I though for sure the dev's would allow us to To play the way "I" want to play which is having a minimal 120 horizontal FOV.

I'm still hoping these Devs will listen to their backers and allow backers to play the game they need or desire...when it come to basic options / preferences like FOV

I'm for keeping FOV low, but if it is to change, keep it around 90 MAX, and have it locked once in-game or give a player 30 seconds to adjust in-game settings, then settings become locked.

I believe keeping FOV low is good because it keeps all players within a limited range of each other, giving no distinct advantage to any player since there will be no large gaps between players and their FOV sliders.

In my opinion, the game only plays better when all players see the same things and no players can tweak/adjust settings on the fly for better performance/view. 

We can use the middle mouse button to free look for a reason.

On 12/3/2017 at 12:53 PM, Electromech said:

90-95 max. I don't see how this is an advantage if everyone can do it.

Because once you get to a certain FOV, if you want to remain competitive, you are essentially forced to change to a higher FOV to keep up with other players. So long as we stay around 90 and no higher, we shouldn't have too much of an issue.

Edited by BudBro