Panda_AF

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Panda_AF

how do i fix this error message that comes up when i try and install Escape From Tarkov?

• Sad 2

chace121

I am having this same error. I got a 14 day trial code and I don't want the days to be wasted by an error. Nothing else is even running that would use it.

Xarc
5 hours ago, chace121 said:

I am having this same error. I got a 14 day trial code and I don't want the days to be wasted by an error. Nothing else is even running that would use it.

The antivirus might block the installation (it locks a file that is considered suspicious). Turn off the antivirus and try again.

Adamsnipes

I am having the same issue I tried to go on different accounts and buy the game again I tried reinstalling 10 times I tried restarting everything nothings working and I really just want to play the game

• Like 1

Frostydawg

Have we found a fix to this I am also struggling with this problem a year later.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

McSharuk

still no fix? and must i say ive contacted support several times with no answer yet?

• Like 1

whiteac1d

I had a similar issue, but was able to fix it by uninstalling/reinstalling the BSG launcher.

yeetboi

same problem

Dave_afk

i hope it got it too.... 😠 didn't pay that amount of money to get this problem...

vivalacotton

I just bough the game and dealing with this issue. I dont know what to try at this point

eikotehmouse

BSG and the community know about this issue. And nothing has been said by BSG about it. I've been dealing with it for 3 years now. Ill be damned before I turn of my antivirus for a russian based company that, can't fix the damn launcher to download crap properly...

Shavakka

is there still no solution for this error?

Shavakka
10 minutes ago, Shavakka said:

is there still no solution for this error?

solution found, when pausing and starting download to get it to continue on the last time when reopening the launcher before the download is finished make sure you run the launcher as administrator. worked for me.

Satchmaster

!THIS IS THE BUG FIX!!!!! ---------> you have to uninstall any antivirus you have and run BattleState launcher as administrator (by right clicking it) once you do that click install and the install bar will finally move. Had to figure this out by myself cuz BSG is ducking retarded.

RASTABOB

can I fix this without disabling my antivirus. because id really rather not.

VaultInhabitant

I literally can't uninstall my antivirus, it's Windows Security. Turning it off doesn't work. 

twestover95

Damn still no solution?

twestover95

im legit going crazy trying to figure this out. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times, and cannot find anything anywhere on the internet to fix this. I went and spent a ton of money on a computer just for this game lol and this happens 

Krypt--

So I had this issue and when the user action window popped up i just left it alone for maybe 5 mins and the install button reappeared, i hit retry and it started unpacking the game files.

McWidget

Here's how my friend solved the issue:

Once you get the error, navigate to C:\Battlestate Games\EFT (live)

Inside that directory there was a 0kb file called 'lock'.

My friend deleted the file and the game proceeded to unpack and install.

Pipezy

None of these fixes have worked and I am still having the issue. Is there really no fix over a year later?

Numfor3D
On 1/4/2020 at 10:37 AM, whiteac1d said:

I had a similar issue, but was able to fix it by uninstalling/reinstalling the BSG launcher.

its like i have 2 errors did you ever get a 404 error when trying to reinstall the launcher form their website? because i have to use vpn to even install the launcher.

404 error Tarkov.JPG

Edited by Numfor3D

Jaaaam

i go to battlestate games then EFT (live) but there is nothing in that file