The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Panda_AF

Hi i was having the very same issues as this and it has already been mentioned about BT users struggling to get it to download. I am going to try and clarify a few things. When i first downloaded the launcher from the EFT website my BT protect warned me about the installation but i confirmed it and thought nothing of it. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. 

First go to your BT account and with some searching you'll find your web protection option. Switch this off. Once this is off delete all traces of the launcher from your files and go back to the install page on the EFT website. Install from there and instead of the BT error message appearing it will install with no hassle (this BT error message must not appear). Then once onto the launcher i just clicked install and didn't change the default path and it is downloading  (actual game) for the first time. Hopefully the download goes smoothly and im able to play. Hopefully this is some clarification for the BT users and sorry if this has been repeated but thought id share my findings. :)

• Upvote 1

Hi, I just bought the game today. I've downloaded the launcher perfectly fine but, whenever I click install to download the game itself nothing happens, the download bar doesn't move. If I stop the download and try restarting it I get an error that says "the process cannot access the file 'D:\Escape From Tarkov\BsgLauncher\Temp\(live)EftClientDistr.0.12.3.5985.distr.tmp' because it is being used by another process". 

Does anyone Have a fix?

Hi, I just bought the game today. I've downloaded the launcher perfectly fine but, whenever I click install to download the game itself nothing happens, the download bar doesn't move. If I stop the download and try restarting it I get an error that says "the process cannot access the file 'D:\Escape From Tarkov\BsgLauncher\Temp\(live)EftClientDistr.0.12.3.5985.distr.tmp' because it is being used by another process". 

Does anyone Have a fix?

Screenshot (25).png

Edited by Watchdogg

so im having this same problem as all of you except im not using BT or whatever tf that is i would truly appreciate if someone could explain to me how to fix this in relatively simple terms THANKS

Hi everyone so what I done to get mine working was I turned off my firewall protection then it got to 100% and got same error so I then turned back on firewall and restarted my pc loaded up the launcher and had a play button where the install button was pressed that and it started unpacking game files and now it’s ready to play hope this helps.

On 2/24/2020 at 4:18 PM, CobraAF said:

Its BT Web blocker you literally have to turn off web protect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with virgin, I tried turning off the entirety of virgins web protect but it didn't work

• 2 weeks later...

Love how I play the game perfectly fine for 3 days then I upgrade to the left behind edition just to find out that whenever I'm unpacking the files it says the process cannot access the files because it is being used by another process. I've spent 13+ hours on this I've tried installing, uninstalling(40+ times), and wiping, etc. The problem is it happens at different times when I'm unpacking for example 30% but the next time I made it to 85% sometimes it says it right away.  If anyone has overcome this issue it'd be a great help so I don't waste another weekend on fixing a terrible game. 😛 I feel like I've put more time into this then the devs had and it's been an issue for 3 years according to some research of this issue.

Edited by zachydude02

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 4:27 PM, zachydude02 said:

Love how I play the game perfectly fine for 3 days then I upgrade to the left behind edition just to find out that whenever I'm unpacking the files it says the process cannot access the files because it is being used by another process. I've spent 13+ hours on this I've tried installing, uninstalling(40+ times), and wiping, etc. The problem is it happens at different times when I'm unpacking for example 30% but the next time I made it to 85% sometimes it says it right away.  If anyone has overcome this issue it'd be a great help so I don't waste another weekend on fixing a terrible game. 😛 I feel like I've put more time into this then the devs had and it's been an issue for 3 years according to some research of this issue.

You still need help ?

I would like to have some help aswell. Got the same issue now. Ive been playing the game for like 1 month and it worked perfectly. Then i had 2 reinstall the game and "process cannot access file c:\Battlestate Games:\EFT(live)\lock because its being used in another process" appears when i try to install the game. Anyone got a fix for this or?

On 3/19/2020 at 6:48 PM, jordan_garcia said:

You still need help ?

I do. Got the same issue.

15 minutes ago, Drayderino said:

Same over here. Either I get the checksum error (no files downloaded - TEMP folder is completely empty). So frustrating.

Exactly the same issue!

I just bought the game, and after installing launcher, can't even start the installation process in the launcher. No matter if my firewall/antivirus are switched off/on, i'm getting following messages consecutively: 1) "lock" file being used by another app. 2) checksum error. One after another, i tried installing in different folders, with/without tick about updates and etc. Ran as administrator and normally, in all compatibility modes. This game is so crappy, i haven't even started playing and i get so big issues.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kaizergpro said:

... 1) "lock" file being used by another app. 2) checksum error. One after another, i tried installing in different folders, with/without tick about updates and etc. Ran as administrator and normally, in all compatibility modes. ...

I got exactly the same problems 

Same issue as above, have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Turned off all AV/Firewall, ran as administrator, hard wired connection. Friend is having the same errors, both purchased the game today.

Two errors I keep getting are attached.

image (1).png

image.png

Edited by Hakunamatatta
added pictures
  • Like 1

Same problem here.

Deleted the lock folder but it just comes back ,even reinstalled windows 10 and get exactly the same.

ever get the feeling they want to keep server population down every time there's an update 😆

I've paid a lot of money for EOD and expect better service.

Same errors, checksum and lock being used.. played this game before on an earlier patch no problem. 

tried updating and now get this, uninstalled everything still the same, disabled windows defender.. nothing works 

53 minutes ago, kaizergpro said:

I just bought the game, and after installing launcher, can't even start the installation process in the launcher. No matter if my firewall/antivirus are switched off/on, i'm getting following messages consecutively: 1) "lock" file being used by another app. 2) checksum error. One after another, i tried installing in different folders, with/without tick about updates and etc. Ran as administrator and normally, in all compatibility modes. This game is so crappy, i haven't even started playing and i get so big issues.

I too have this exact problem and have been trying to install for multiple hours now. I think it has something to do with the new patch they released yesterday.

First time ever posting here,

A while back I removed EFT from my ssd drive to put on other games due to space issues, today I go and reinstall the game and get the lock file error/checksum error and all that business.

I uninstalled the launcher, removed all folders left of the game or attempt of install locations,

wiped temp folders,

Deleted all entries in registry relating to "Battlestate"

The only issues I saw in registry that could not be removed had some entries to do with "Hard drive locations" I am betting this has something to do with protection and ownership of the game ( anti cheat / hardware ID etc etc ) and that is fine, but I would put my money on that is half the problem as turning fully off Windows firewall/defender options for public and network + turning off real time protection etc of the windows anti virus toolset makes zero difference to trying to get this game reinstalled.

Never ever seen this harsh weird behaviour before, my pops does not seem to have this issue but then he never uninstalled the game off his drive since installing it.

Frustrating beyond words.

• Like 2