Barkus

New patch

18 hours ago, gokitty199 said:

amazing, the most bitchy person in this thread immediately throws the fanboy card when someone tells him wrong.

How about you go be a good lil kitty an stuff your head in a litter box somewhere . And smokey you are right its just sad they wont put that much effort into doing something idk responsible an non lazy but you was basically saying the same as me just in a more nicer way cause well lets face it I aint a nice guy . I am a straight up well you know but sadly I cant say it otherwise I will get banned again for calling myself a bad word aye Shiro lmao . 

20 hours ago, smokey-phil said:

This is a short term problem with communication and the "pr" issues around tarkov people are annoyed about the lack of visible information about the patch delay. we are not talking about the full end product but rather a discrete part of it that "seemed" to come with an apparent date for delivery that was then pushed back without a proper thread or notice on the official site and forums just reddit and twitter (which makes people think that the effort they put into posting on here may be kinda pointless if it is viewed as second rate and the dev team won't bother looking at it. ) 

I do recall a while ago that the devs or one in particular  (no names :P ) had to slow down on there reddit use and reading, makes me wonder why the don't engage with people on here like that.

Here is the thing its an easy fix It's called a news ticker or a update thread (sticky it and post any relevant info to updates in it do not allow people to comment in it so it doesn't grow to 12 pages of "oh wow patch" so you can find said information easy, make a new one each time a patch is incoming and use it only for that patch when the patch drops start the next one and leave it until you have info to put in it. 

I agree they could better communicate on update info.  I was more reffering to the poster that said things were locked in and people are fired if there are delays.  Things are a bit more fluid in alpha-beta.  He obviously has never been anywhere close to software development.

1 hour ago, DREADDMAN said:

I agree they could better communicate on update info.  I was more reffering to the poster that said things were locked in and people are fired if there are delays.  Things are a bit more fluid in alpha-beta.  He obviously has never been anywhere close to software development.

That is true enough deadlines change, problems that where not noticed become noticed and need fixing and releasing a broken update tends to be worse than a delayed update. The problems here are being magnified by a couple of things so they look bigger and meaner. One of those being the pr and communications. 

But yeah no one should be losing their job for a extra week or two dev time assuming it fixes whatever problem and wasn't caused by them in the first place. we did kinda sign up for the long haul on this one and that is ok. 

However its still a bad idea to start trying to drive up the hype train (knowingly or non) by outright stating or implying that a thing is coming on this day or that day (even more so when its the "make or break patch" emphasis not mine  ) when things are as fluid as they are in the early access dev cycle. 

I'm starting to wish they didn't give notice of the patches and gave out the notes the day before hand when its finished and ready to roll out until then keep it vague and ere heavily on the side of caution. A solid date can only really make you look bad if its as fluid as it seems to be end of September might have been a better way to go about it until they had the finished product if its before the end of sep then milk and cookies for everyone and if you over run by a week well its not so bad.

7 hours ago, Kremson said:

How about you go be a good lil kitty an stuff your head in a litter box somewhere . And smokey you are right its just sad they wont put that much effort into doing something idk responsible an non lazy but you was basically saying the same as me just in a more nicer way cause well lets face it I aint a nice guy . I am a straight up well you know but sadly I cant say it otherwise I will get banned again for calling myself a bad word aye Shiro lmao . 

thats the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. nice to see your such a softy

10 hours ago, DREADDMAN said:

Geez I said general rule of thumb meaning in most companies an employees drop the bail they tend to end up on the unemployment side of things . I never said they will or should get fired for screwing up even though really there should be some staff on here hit with the axe but thats just my personal opinion cause well I cant stand power trippers that just think they can go around an do whatever they want to do but thats for here nor there so anyways . Oh an just a heads up I been a beta tester ever since open beta for planetside so yeah I been around the block when it comes to this but honestly if I had known the game was more so in alpha stage than actual beta I prolly wouldnt have bought in yet considering calling this game in beta is a very misleading an false advertising thing to do cause it is almost at what would be actual beta stage but it isnt there yet . 

5 hours ago, gokitty199 said:

thats the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. nice to see your such a softy

Your welcome i guess now go put ur head back in the box an shut it .