Sign in to follow this  
NuclearMessiah

"Tarkov - Collapse of the civilization" contest (PL/ENG)

NuclearMessiah

Hello guys,

I am NuclearMessiah and I am one of the polish emissaries.

Today I want to organize a contest for you.

The task is simple, tell me how are you interpreting words "Tarkov - Collapse of the civilization". You can show your ideas with everything you want, from your stories to videos or artworks. You are free in the metods. The best work will win the alpha access ! You have time to 22.12.16. If you have any questions, feel free and text me ! 

Regards

NuclearMessiah

Cześć jestem NuclearMessiah, i jestem jednym z polskich emisariuszy 

Dziś organizuje dla was konkurs.Chciałbym abyście pokazali jak interpretujecie słowa "Tarkov - Upadek Cywilizacji". Możecie pokazać swoje pomysły w dowolny sposób - od własnych opowiadań do filmów i rysunków. Macie czas do 22.12.16. Najlepsza praca wygra dostęp do alpha testów. Czekam na wasze prace !

Pozdrawiam

NuclearMessiah

Edited by NuclearMessiah

ArtixViper

Interpreting the words "Modern Apocalypse in Tarkov"? Whew that's a toughie...

I would say to sum it up in one way, Sheer anarchy within a given isolated environment coupled with outside forces capable of enacting upon the breakdown of the location affected.

Usually when thinking about an apocalypse you tend to think of a global scale such as https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7f/28/d8/7f28d8ed693b4ec24f94403347cd60f2.jpg

^ That

But in a Modern Apocalypse (especially in Tarkov) its more that there's an understanding to the breakdown of civilization in a given location, but without the repercussion of it being on a global scale. Modern Apocalypse can be more taken as people understand and are better informed of the idea that such an event can bring and will be better prepared and acclimated to it, to help prevent such a mass breakdown of global economy and civilizations and contain it. The world simply watches the show and plays the guessing game of seeing how it all pans out.

I guess you could say its like the Hunger games in a way. That's how I look at it

costello

This entire movie... Nuf' said.

Edited by costello

NuclearMessiah
8 hours ago, ArtixViper said:

Interpreting the words "Modern Apocalypse in Tarkov"? Whew that's a toughie...

I would say to sum it up in one way, Sheer anarchy within a given isolated environment coupled with outside forces capable of enacting upon the breakdown of the location affected.

Usually when thinking about an apocalypse you tend to think of a global scale such as https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7f/28/d8/7f28d8ed693b4ec24f94403347cd60f2.jpg

^ That

But in a Modern Apocalypse (especially in Tarkov) its more that there's an understanding to the breakdown of civilization in a given location, but without the repercussion of it being on a global scale. Modern Apocalypse can be more taken as people understand and are better informed of the idea that such an event can bring and will be better prepared and acclimated to it, to help prevent such a mass breakdown of global economy and civilizations and contain it. The world simply watches the show and plays the guessing game of seeing how it all pans out.

I guess you could say its like the Hunger games in a way. That's how I look at it

But this what happends in Tarkov its not like a real Apocalypse? Abandoned city, scavenged by bandits... chaos everywhere. Thats how could look our world when will come the end of our civilization. Maybe ill change the words to "Tarkov - Collapse of the civilization" maybe it fits better :)

ArtixViper

Well now i'll have to revise my post to better fit the topic :P

Ozymandias

I think the most important point is to note that Tarkov is only one region which has collapsed, while the world around it functions normally.

This means while some people see it as a disaster or area in desperate need of help, others see it as an opportunity.

Traders see it as a place to come and rip off sell much needed goods and services to people who live in the area and to bring in heavily overpriced supplies which cannot be found or are no longer being produced in the area.

Governments see it as both a blessing and a curse, local government is in disarray, but global governments and superpowers see a chance to take this area and claim at as their own by using paramilitary soldiers.

Most of the people inside see it as a horrible thing, while some see how they can profit: Those who have lived without for so long now have a chance to take and steal from those who have had everything they desire. Looting of all stores, buisnesses, and other expensive goods start first. Then these people try to leave the area with their new-found loot... only to find that the members of PMC and BEAR groups which are trying to contain the disaster from both sides have now stuck them inside. They cannot escape Tarkov. They find themselves in an area with nothing to eat, no place to live, and no way to leave. They now must defend themselves from other groups of locals in the area, those whom used to be their neighbors, local police officers, citizens who are all trying to survive. They also must fight their way through PMC groups of soldiers looking to contain Tarkov disaster so they can escape.

While world powers wrestle over control and domination of the area, people inside are trapped, starving, and killing each other just to survive; this is the true definition of "collapse of civilization."

• Upvote 1

Crossu88

Ooooh! I hope that this isn't over or anything! I've been loving Tarkov's atmosphere and it's concept in general. I'm going to write a story about this. Think that's going to be an acceptable entry?

NuclearMessiah

Ok sorry for late response. The choice was easy :) @Ozymandias check your messages, ill send you key for alpha tests ! Congratulations :)

• Upvote 1