Blackb1rd

Switching Over to Escape From Tarkov Extended Alpha

Blackb1rd

Dear friends! The New Year and Christmas are just around the corner, so it feels like a great time to start cheering you up with presents. First, we’re announcing the Escape from Tarkov switch over to the Extended Alpha!

What does that mean? It means that testing is drawing near to the Closed Beta, entering a new, more advanced stage, a lot of new features are introduced to the game, and it becomes technically more polished. And most importantly - even more pre-order package owners will be granted the access to testing!

The Extended Alpha version will contain the following features and content:

• A new raid location, the Woods - wide open spaces, dense forest vegetation, entirely new tactics and game experience;
  • Weapon failure and repair system;
  • Ability to create groups for going into raids together;
  • Improved game physics;
  • Ceaseless work on performance optimization and troubleshooting of existing issues;
  • Everything that has been done to this point in Alpha, including completely operational networking, trade, leveling, inventory management etc.;
  • Absolute ABOLITION of the Alpha materials publication restrictions. Yes, from this point onwards you are free to stream, make videos and screenshots of the game and share them.

Also, although some pre-order packages’ owners were supposed to be granted the access to the testing with the start of the Beta, we’ll start the admissions right away!

In a few days, as soon as the networking aspects are updated, we plan to give the Extended Alpha access to the owners of the following pre-order packages:

• 1st wave: "Prepare For Escape" - 25% of those who don’t have the access yet.
  • 2nd wave: "Prepare For Escape" - 25 more percents of those who don’t have the access yet.
  • 3rd wave: "Left Behind" - 25% of those who don’t have the access yet.

The Escape from Tarkov testing continues, and the future will bring more discoveries, locations and mechanics. Stay on board!

ATTENTION, please!

NDA is continuing to act! We will post a separate notice about NDA lift.

The transition to the extended alpha has not yet taken place. This will happen in a few days.

extended_alpha_eng.jpg

• Upvote 25

T-Real33

AND THE BIG NEWS BOMB HAD BEEN DROPPED, rip world

• Upvote 1

Frantic

Suck it NDA! :screkit:

• Upvote 4

TomLittle

Good news, great work BSG !

But..i think that also means beta version does not come so quickly, right? ;)

But keep working guys, you are doing great game !

Edited by TomLittle
  • Upvote 1

sKYYY

Thanks for the news and for allowing us to stream! :)

sYs

NDA LIFT Wohooo - hype train go chu chuuuuuuu. Suun.

P.s is closed beta still happening this year? :D

Edited by sYs

Blackb1rd

Please, note that we can't add all preorders owner  in the extended alpha at once - this is due to the technical capabilities of servers. We will increase them gradually, making sure that they can handle the increasing number of players. When we see that they are stable - then it's time to think about the remaining owners of pre-orders!

• Upvote 5

T-Real33
11 minutes ago, wollow said:

Live now or ETA ? 

10 minutes ago, sKYYY said:

Thanks for the news and for allowing us to stream! :)

On Facebook they stated the NDA is still in effect until a few days

MordeKai

Good News like always ;)

Ahmedmohamed

Great news !

Obeace

These guys are busting a**! Good job guys. We are all excited.

Killoka

The EOD Owner are in for this alpha?

ewz-Stormy

How long is this "Extended Alpha" gonna run? Is the Beta still planned for this year? Come on guys, it's not that hard to drop some infos.

I mean it's not that long ago that this Tweet was published.

The extended Alpha is NOT the Beta, because there are tons of people who still can't play. Standard Edition isn't mentioned at all and even higher tier packages are tied to that wave stuff again.

I don't wanna sound like a salty kid or something like that. I know it takes time to develop a game and I appreciate the progress, but that Tweet was published not even one month ago. As a developer, you should be able to estimate the time it takes for you to hit a certain stage including unexpected things like major bugs or server errors etc.

That aside, I'm happy that you're lifting the NDA. Even though I saw a lot of official and illegal published content, I'm happy to be able to see some recent footage of the game.

• Upvote 1

Blackb1rd
3 минуты назад, Killoka сказал:

The EOD Owner are in for this alpha?

Yes, sure. Please, note that Edge of Darkness Limited Edition give you guaranteed access to the alpha version of the game. Preorder it here: http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

ATTENTION, please!

NDA is continue to act! We will post a separate notice about NDA lift.

The transition to the extended alpha has not yet taken place. This will happen in a few days.

xitus

If I upgrade my package before you release the extended alpha will I also have the chance of getting a key through these waves?

sYs
4 minutes ago, xitus said:

If I upgrade my package before you release the extended alpha will I also have the chance of getting a key through these waves?

what package you have?

Cheaptrix

Im so hyped and surprised at the same time I can't contain myself! huuuuuuuuu :o 

I have been looking forward to streaming this game live for almost a year now - since I first hear about it!

Some great fixes and addtions in this update too! awesome! see you guys in the zone :ph34r:

xitus
vor 36 Minuten schrieb sYs:

what package you have?

I have Standard Edition now. But I mean if I upgrade to Left Behind oder Prepare to Die Edition will I still have a chance of getting a key. So is it like the earlier you bought it the higher chance you have or complete randomised, thats my question.

xXM4RTINXx

RIP new year xD

this-is-me-celebrating-new-years.jpg

• Upvote 11

JAGUAR1950

This is excellent news for those members who have been patiently waiting for so long to get their first look at Escape From Tarkov. The extended Alpha is a good idea before we progress onto Closed / Open Beta testing we will now have more members helping to search for any remaining Bugs and Glitches.

Those of us who are already testing need to be prepared to help the newcomers as much as we can by pointing them in the right direction to continue to help us, the Developer’s / Programmers in testing.

This is an indication that Beta Testing will not be far away with the capabilities of the servers being increased for the:  

1st wave: "Prepare For Escape" - 25% of those who don’t have the access yet.

2nd wave: "Prepare For Escape" - 25 more percent’s of those who don’t have the access yet.

3rd wave: "Left Behind" - 25% of those who don’t have the access yet.

Server stability is all important for the numbers who are about to join, the NDA is continuing to act! And we will need to be proactive in reminding the newcomers.

Edited by JAGUAR1950

necuja

This is so amazing! I can't wait 

.Motorola.

King Kong is poking at my shoulder :(

3 hours ago, sYs said:

NDA LIFT Wohooo - hype train go chu chuuuuuuu. Suun.

P.s is closed beta still happening this year? :D

Squad mechanic bro, prepare to oil Hello Kitty warmachine.

Edited by .Motorola.
  • Upvote 1

ivantherussian

what about the beta then? When are standard edition owners going to play/test the game.

• Upvote 2