Sign in to follow this  
xpeak216

About locking Chinese players servers

Why only Lock Chinese players servers .We paid a high price for the game  I bought the European edition.  Why aren't other regions locking servers.

Many people can't stand the fact that their servers are locked . Normal players must be locked in the Hong Kong server? Players who don't cheat are innocent.

My English is not  good . pls unlock the server1.thumb.png.59b43bb543f3e8c238f505b4a3083c38.png

I love this game so much that I spend almost six hours a day playing it. Request official  Take the problem seriously.

Edited by xpeak216

Because majority of hackers are coming from China? Why unlock the servers? you didnt give a reason. Im sure there are plenty of people to play with on your end. (no im not racist its just a fact)

• Like 2
  • Hot 1

I don't know any about the Chinese server but as I can tell, there are hackers in all the server. So I don't get it why only lock Chinese server. And by the way I think he means he can only log into Hong Kong so he has a high ping. Is that right?

Oh ho ho wow, I bought the game just three days ago, and now I find myself only able to access three servers?

As a noob, I die a lot, I find new stuff as Scav, brought them into a formal run, and die in the first 5 seconds. Repeat. It hasn't disencouraged me from the game yet, but this...

Just a note, I live close to the north part of China and the Krasnoyarsk server is the best choice for me in terms of ping, not Hong Kong.

I do hope you find better ways to deal with cheating, instead of herding every single one of us regardless of their behavior into a "cheater's box".

Besides I don't think this will stop the real cheating bastards from seeping into other servers. We'll see.

Someone I know kept bothering me about whether he should choose this game or a certain number six game. Now I can give him an answer.

The hackers in ASI server is way too many, so those who dont cheat like me may pay extra money to purchase a software kind of like vpn to stablize our ping in order to have a better gaming experience on other servers, but what BSG did is" since the hackers in asia are overwhelming, im locking this region, region locked :)", which punished both hackers and the innocent. Oh no, the innocent only.

Literally any game with a multiplayer aspect gets completely and utterly raped by chinese hackers.

Is it unfair? Absolutely, there are far more innocent players than harmful hackers in China, of course there are. But that doesn't mean that the problems that these "relatively" few rotten apples make will solve themselves. They fester into every other nook and cranny, killing everything in it's way.

The righteous pay for the sins of the wicked - old portuguese saying.

Cudos on BSG for the region lock!

• Like 3

Here is one of those possibilities, normal players cant overpower hackers, so they would become hackers, or rage quit, one day, asi server might be full of hackers who find themselves also surrounded by hackers too, which makes a raid less profitable(for whose MO of cheating is making rubbles and trade them in real money.), what if they find a way to access other servers, then it might hurts.Another possibility is asia server become empty, it might be a happy ending except for player in asia. or the MO of cheating would be pure fun. i have to admit this is a efficient way to protect BSG profit with no anti-cheat available currently, so BSG might have to keep their lock tight. But since i afk already, i dont give a poop lol.

On 9/20/2018 at 4:50 AM, xpeak216 said:

Why only Lock Chinese players servers

This lock is not only in China. It is locked in other Asian countries as well. Asian players should protest more about this. We pay the same price as people in America and Europe. Some players cooperative as testers. The attitude of BGS is rude. They say "technical reasons" but do not explain concretely. If there really is Asian servers "technical reasons" it is a big problem. If you can not use full features like any other country, you should refund some of the price to Asian players.

Region lock FTW.  Thank you BSG.  There is no reason NOT to region lock.  Keep the hackers playing together.  They seem to believe that hacking is somehow fun, so they are free to ruin the game for each other.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:42 AM, DragunovCrux said:

I thought the region locks were due to ping and latency issues.

They have a nice side effect of dealing with that as well and for preventing people from abusing high ping by going out of region for that reason.

Region locking does make sense in this case. 

I'm English and living in Thailand, the servers here are also locked to the same 3 and i've been playing for about a year now in which I have only encountered 2 cheaters so I doubt most hackers come from Asia.. I understand the latency issue tho most cases you'll have around 100 - 120 ping on a US server / 80 - 100 on UK server. I reckon the lock should be removed or least warn people about the lock before they go spending more on upgrading their package

The problem I think is not the height of ping. Even if there are many choices of servers, we do not choose the high ping place. What I would like to say is that in non-Asian player launchers there are many choices including Asia. Of course they choose no Asian region where ping is high. But we have only three choices. The problem is not ping. Problem is fairness. We only few choices despite purchasing at the same price.

1 hour ago, plisken said:

I'm an australian living in asia. If i had known this was going to be forced on me i wouldnt have purchased the game.

Asia servers are provided for a reason and for good technical reasons, those who are located in Asia are set to play in Asia location servers. These servers are also the best latency for Asian players. Thanks!

• Sad 1