side1394

Mosin Nagant rebalance

Mosin Nagant rebalance  

63 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you think Mosin Nagant should be moved to Prapor 2 or 3?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think Mosin price should be around 60-70k due to the fact is better then the SV98?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2018 at 09:47 AM

side1394

Do you think Mosin should be rebalanced? Please leave your feedback in the poll. Thanks

Edited by side1394
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Sleepyyy

I mean, if we look straight into it, the mosin price range should go up to around 50k. Its only better than the sv-98 cause its a low budget weapon and deals the same damage because it runs the same ammo and SNB ammo really shreds anything, all it takes is a headshot. Yes it has happened to me when I was running my juggernaut kit, all it took was a naked pmc headshot. All things considered I think the mosin could get a nerf compared to the other snipers... Let's not forget the fact that its a ww2 weapon and not a modern days sniper, so for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ, can you devs do something about it?

TL;DR: Make the mosin more expensive to around 50k(+) and or re-work its accuracy, its a ww2 sniper that puts the DVL and SV-98 to RIP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

ShiroTenshi
6 minutes ago, side1394 said:

Bump

Please don't 'bump' threads in this fashion. If you are going to post, please follow the rules and keep it within the topic at hand.

7.4. Off-topic messages, messages flood, spam

Creating multiple messages with same content, creating messages/topics that bear no practical meaning, or intentionally splitting the messages/topics which could fit into one, or deviating from the topic of discussion are forbidden. Such actions are considered as offense.

• Like 1

side1394
29 minutes ago, Sleepyyy said:

I mean, if we look straight into it, the mosin price range should go up to around 50k. Its only better than the sv-98 cause its a low budget weapon and deals the same damage because it runs the same ammo and SNB ammo really shreds anything, all it takes is a headshot. Yes it has happened to me when I was running my juggernaut kit, all it took was a naked pmc headshot. All things considered I think the mosin could get a nerf compared to the other snipers... Let's not forget the fact that its a ww2 weapon and not a modern days sniper, so for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ, can you devs do something about it?

TL;DR: Make the mosin more expensive to around 50k(+) and or re-work its accuracy, its a ww2 sniper that puts the DVL and SV-98 to RIP

Very true indeed, i totally agree with you bro!

P.S. Hatchlings will dislike your post now :))

• Thanks 1

Marcelo_1979

Since the addition of Mosin we are seeing less hatchlings, so I´d say we don´t need to rebalance anything. 

Edited by Marcelo_1979
grammar

side1394
2 minutes ago, Marcelo_1979 said:

Since the addition of Mosin we are seeing less hatchlings, so I´d say we don´t need to rebalance anything. 

I guess you are low level judging by your post... See what you think when you go out with fort and altyn and get 1 or 2 tapped by a hatchling with a mosin

M0SIN
16 минут назад, side1394 сказал:

I guess you are low level judging by your post... See what you think when you go out with fort and altyn and get 1 or 2 tapped by a hatchling with a mosin

The best raid for those like you is only with the hatchlings without any weapon - no problems, no risks. Hardcore as hell :D

Edited by M0SIN

Marcelo_1979
22 minutes ago, side1394 said:

I bought the game a year ago, went through 3 or 4 wipes already. Currently I´m level 33 and and was not playing for about 3 weeks because I was waiting for 0.10 patch to be released. Whenever I go out I use AKMs or M4s, IOTV, Tactec and Zsh helmets so... I think your reply is pretty much invalid . BTW I don´t like fort armor because it makes you walk much slower and Atlyns constrict your vision. Personal preference.

I just like PvP fights. Killing hatchlings is boring, so I´d rather fight a naked guy with a powerful rifle. 

Edited by Marcelo_1979

Sleepyyy
1 minute ago, Marcelo_1979 said:

I bought the game a year ago, went through 3 or 4 wipes already. Currently I´m level 33 and and was not playing for about 3 weeks because I was waiting for 0.10 patch to be released. Whenever I go out I use AKMs or M4s, IOTV, Tactec and Zsh helmets so... I think your reply is pretty much invalid . BTW I don´t like fort armor because it makes you walk much slower and Atlyns constrict your vision. Personal preference.

I just like PvP fights because killing hatchlings is boring, so I´d rather fight a naked guy with a powerful rifle. 

So you'd rather gamble your 400k equipment versus a 40k equipment player? I wonder what's gonna happen when you do over a hundred times and lose half the times, how will your economy sustain itself? You'll keep making scav runs? I mean they're a pretty good profit considering none of their gear is technically yours, but still.

• Like 2

OneTrueLizardo

Maybe Prapor 2, price is fine as it is. Just remove the silencer from the game and it's perfect. That way if yoj wanna be deadly AND silent, go for the dvl.

M0SIN
5 минут назад, Sleepyyy сказал:

do over a hundred times and lose half the times

Just take it and try to shoot some armored guys in the head when they will spraying you back. And if you will be the winner half the times - I will agree that mosin is too cheap.

Sleepyyy
3 minutes ago, M0SIN said:

Just take it and try to shoot some armored guys in the head when they will spraying you back. And if you will be the winner half the times - I will agree that mosin is too cheap.

I mean all things considered I have. I've killed guys running fast mts and gen4 with the mosin. I can't drop their whole squad, but I can drop one or two if im lucky. Now imagine there's another dude like me somewhere else in the map, you think he won't manage to kill whatever is left of that previous fight? 

Edit: That's what I really meant with it being cheap, even if you fail to take out an entire squad, someone might in that same match finish your previous fight and that's gonna happen way too often because the gun is cheap.

Edited by Sleepyyy

M0SIN
3 минуты назад, Sleepyyy сказал:

I've killed guys running fast mts and gen4 with the mosin.

I had killed them with shotgun that every can also easily get. So what? All this armor just give you additional chances. Let's just do these "fast mts and gen4" guys immortal - everything seems to be fine then, yep?

Edited by M0SIN

Sleepyyy
Just now, M0SIN said:

I had killed them with shotgun that every can easily get. So what? All this armor just give you additional chances. Let's just do these "fast mts and gen4" guys immortal - everything seems to be fine then, yep?

Its not technically the same thing. A shotgun is a close quarters weapon, you know its deadly if you come across one in short distances up to medium. 

The mosin is deadly in short, medium and long distances. Long distances = scope, medium and short just use the iron sight, shoot someone, hide, peek, shoot someone, hide, peek, repeat, and it goes on. Don't tell me that doesn't work, it does, its what I've been doing everytime with the mosin. Its not even a fair comparison putting the shotgun in the same tier as the mosin, give me a mosin everytime versus the shotgun, even in factory.

M0SIN
3 минуты назад, Sleepyyy сказал:

The mosin is deadly in short, medium and long distances. Long distances = scope, medium and short just use the iron sight, shoot someone, hide, peek, shoot someone, hide, peek, repeat, and it goes on. Don't tell me that doesn't work, it does, its what I've been doing everytime with the mosin.

Yes, it's the best and universal weapon in the game. Ever. Or... it's just your words.

Edited by M0SIN

Sleepyyy
1 minute ago, M0SIN said:

Yes, it's the best and universal weapon in the game. Ever. Or... it's just your words.

My entire argument goes around money, weapon price and economy. Re-read all my posts and look where I say that the mosin is the best weapon in the game. No point to keep arguing over this, its like arguing over politics and football.

smokey-phil
5 minutes ago, Sleepyyy said:

My entire argument goes around money, weapon price and economy. Re-read all my posts and look where I say that the mosin is the best weapon in the game. No point to keep arguing over this, its like arguing over politics and football.

I love it the best gun in a game full of guns is a 120 year old bolty 

Anyone tell you about thing rad thing called an sks it's like it comes from a distant universe what with its detachable mags and semi auto fire rate :P 

Or the m1 which can also 2-3 tap in the chest with the correct ammo but does not need a hand crank 

yes it's cheap we get it so is the sks and that is just as deadly if not more so 

If your getting splattered by people with single shot weapons stop engaging them in places where they can shoot at you from 400m away  

Edited by smokey-phil
it to is

M0SIN
6 минут назад, Sleepyyy сказал:

My entire argument goes around money, weapon price and economy.

Mine too. If it won't be cheap - it will be used by nobody. And why I think so? Because I play this game and see only AK 90% time, SKS sometimes. You know why? Because it's accessible and deadly. All other weapon is also used, but rarely. Why? Because it's not so accessible.

Edited by M0SIN

Sleepyyy
3 minutes ago, M0SIN said:

Mine too. If it won't be cheap - it will be used by nobody. And why I think so? Because I play this game and see only AK 90% time, SKS sometimes. You know why? Because it's accessible and deadly. All other weapon is also used, but very rarely. Why? Because it's not so accessible.

I think we both play this game right? Otherwise we wouldn't be debating over this potentional issue would we? 

Before the mosin, the SKS and sometimes the Ak74's M/N were the low budget runs and don't go telling me that no one played with M4's or VAL's/VSS, because in all my raids, like in 8 out of 10 there's always at least one guy with an M4, a M1 or a VAL/VSS while the majority rely on the AK74M/AKM because they're cheaper but can still get the job done, just punishes you more with recoil.

Budget runs were kinda divided like this:

High tier: M4's, M1's, VAL's, RSSASS (very rare)

Medium tier: AK74M, mechanic sks, AKM, potentional mp5/mpx (with right attachments)

Low tier: Skier (sks's), shotguns, pistols (glock 18 not included)

After patch:

High tier: mosin, paca, 6b47 helmet, trizip

Medium tier: mosin, paca, 6b47 helmet

Low tier: mosin, paca, bandana for the lulz

And then there's me with that fully gen4 armour and my new FAL, crying in a corner.

M0SIN
4 минуты назад, Sleepyyy сказал:

After patch:

High tier: mosin, paca, 6b47 helmet, trizip

Medium tier: mosin, paca, 6b47 helmet

Low tier: mosin, paca, bandana for the lulz

We both will read this after a week or so, when the "new weapon in the game" hype will end, and then we'll see :)

At the end I will be the only one who play with it - just because of the nickname :D

Edited by M0SIN
  • Upvote 1

Marcelo_1979
1 hour ago, Sleepyyy said:

So you'd rather gamble your 400k equipment versus a 40k equipment player? I wonder what's gonna happen when you do over a hundred times and lose half the times, how will your economy sustain itself? You'll keep making scav runs? I mean they're a pretty good profit considering none of their gear is technically yours, but still.

I don´t think it´s a matter of gambling. If a naked player using a powerful rifle ends up killing me, he truly deserves my gear. After all, he´s not wearing any kind of protection and managed to kill a kitted player, so that means I was unable to land a single shot on him.  If that happens, GG. He played well and I´ve got no problem with it whatsoever.  IMO this kind of situation will not happen as often as you may think, since a naked player can be easily killed with 2 or 3 shots. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

M0SIN

I think it's time to implement some permits for kill: for example, if you have equip for 100k, you can kill only those who do not have equip more than 100k. All the rest should just not count the damage from you :ph34r:

Edited by M0SIN
  • Sad 2

side1394
5 hours ago, Sleepyyy said:

Make it like 7-800k if you wear gen4 full body/combat version, fast MT, decked out m4/sa58/m1a/rsass.

@Marcelo_1979

I guess you didn't encounter any mosin ducklings yet to lose a full set then cry about it...

I have close to 4000 raids in Tarkov, also bought the game about 1 year ago, I know what I am talking about. I reached level 41 so far.

If you don't believe me, check out a thing called youtube and some very popular EFT streamers and what they have to say about current meta. I totally agree with Pestily, 7.62x54R LPS should be immediately swapped with 7N1. Having access to LPS at level 1 and 7N1 at level 3 doesn't make any sense:

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/7.62x54mmR

LPS can one tap Altyn, 2 tap gen4

Kotton

Deadly Slob

Pestily 

Please check out all vids, gamepedia link, think for 2 minutes then form a valid opinion!

3 hours ago, Marcelo_1979 said:

I don´t think it´s a matter of gambling. If a naked player using a powerful rifle ends up killing me, he truly deserves my gear. After all, he´s not wearing any kind of protection and managed to kill a kitted player, so that means I was unable to land a single shot on him.  If that happens, GG. He played well and I´ve got no problem with it whatsoever.  IMO this kind of situation will not happen as often as you may think, since a naked player can be easily killed with 2 or 3 shots. 

It's like having acces to 5.45x39 BS, M995, M61 at level 1 at half the price!!!

No matter what gear you wear, the hatchling with Mosin and LPS ammo can easily kill you in 1-2 shots, FASTER then you can kill him. Do you see the point here bro?

Edited by side1394

Marcelo_1979
45 minutes ago, side1394 said:

Make it like 7-800k if you wear gen4 full body/combat version, fast MT, decked out m4/sa58/m1a/rsass.

@Marcelo_1979

I guess you didn't encounter any mosin ducklings yet to lose a full set then cry about it...

I have close to 4000 raids in Tarkov, also bought the game about 1 year ago, I know what I am talking about. I reached level 41 so far.

If you don't believe me, check out a thing called youtube and some very popular EFT streamers and what they have to say about current meta. I totally agree with Pestily, 7.62x54R LPS should be immediately swapped with 7N1. Having access to LPS at level 1 and 7N1 at level 3 doesn't make any sense:

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/7.62x54mmR

LPS can one tap Altyn, 2 tap gen4

Kotton

Deadly Slob

Pestily 

Please check out all vids, gamepedia link, think for 2 minutes then form a valid opinion!

It's like having acces to 5.45x39 BS, M995, M61 at level 1 at half the price!!!

No matter what gear you wear, the hatchling with Mosin and LPS ammo can easily kill you in 1-2 shots, FASTER then you can kill him. Do you see the point here bro?

Quick question: do you want a realistic game or a balanced game? A 7.62x54R round will DESTROY pretty much anything in real life, but I´m guessing you want to balance it so you can run around like an invincible headless chicken that can´t be killed? GG mate, go play COD.