Sign in to follow this  
only126db

Campers

only126db

Just got the game and it seems all players do is camp....

• Sad 2

nachtmaere

Well, generally speaking i would disagree with you, but you have to remember that with the recent patch (Like, the other day), we got a new sniper rifle. Until now, sniper rifles have been pretty lackluster, pretty inaccessible, blah blah blah, it wasn't a viable option.

But now, we have a new sniper rifle that is accessible and extremely effective (Cost effective too), as a result, people are going a little bit 'Mosin-happy', so it's not a huge surprise you see a decent amount of campers at the moment, they're all trying to either avoid gettin' Mosin'd, or they're Mosin'ing xD

But for the most part, camping isn't usually very popular, occasionally you'll see people camp an extraction or something, on Shoreline you should see a higher number of campers because everyone's just trying really freakin' hard to complete the stupid 'Kill x PMCs on Shoreline' task(s). But other than that, they're really not very high in number, it's just the new patch, people are just very excited about a good, accessible sniper rifle xD

OneTrueLizardo

Also, don't walk into an ambush. Adjust your playstyle. Yes, I got rekt by "campers" in the beginning because I though you can play this like any shooter. Now when you know how people set up ambushes and the maps, they are easy to counter.

TLDR; Adjust your playstyle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

only126db

And then there are the spawn campers...nice....I paid how much for this? Was this made by EA? twice spawned in a tunnel to get smoked, gotta love it...

• Sad 2

nachtmaere
1 minute ago, only126db said:

And then there are the spawn campers...nice....I paid how much for this? Was this made by EA? twice spawned in a tunnel to get smoked, gotta love it...

Something tells me you're not here to listen to what anybody else has to say, hey? Just lookin' for a vent?

I'm sure you've got social media you can vent to, much more appropriate place than here; Forums are discussion boards.

Knyht

I like to camp. Ill kill several scavs and leave them with their loot and just wait in the shadows for someone to come by thinking a player scav and npc scav killed each other.

Janos1986
2 hours ago, only126db said:

You watched some youtube highlights from streamers and you said "yeeeeah I'm gonna do that" and bought the game thinking it would be like PUBG or something. Guess what, you were wrong. It's a game of patience, wits, and awareness.

There is no such thing as a camper in a realistic situation, just a planned ambush. If you know there may be enemies lying around waiting for kills, maneuver around them as you should, use grenades, bait them, be clever in general.

But who am I kidding, complaining is better, ain't it?

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Skemba
7 minutes ago, Janos1986 said:

You watched some youtube highlights from streamers and you said "yeeeeah I'm gonna do that" and bought the game thinking it would be like PUBG or something. Guess what, you were wrong. It's a game of patience, wits, and awareness.

There is no such thing as a camper in a realistic situation, just a planned ambush. If you know there may be enemies lying around waiting for kills, maneuver around them as you should, use grenades, bait them, be clever in general.

But who am I kidding, complaining is better, ain't it?

Sums it up.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 2

InsightKnight

The issue is higher tier players are able to buy most of the weapons and kit from traders so once that is established they will just camp out the loot boxes to kill players who do not have the money to avoid looting. I play Woods a LOT and just about every game there is a prone dude just scoped on the warehouse boxes the entire match.

You can learn to check the hot spots but this is not going to change anytime soon until this "Open World" map becomes a reality.

StepanPetrenko

Extraction camping is rare, maybe see it once a day, if you get killed by one, just know they keep their guns next to their tampons & shrug it off. Spawn camping is barely possible, happened once to me cuz my mate was lagging hard & I was derp standing in the open waiting for him to load in.

It's a non-issue and if it were, legit tactic. Example earlier this evening my mates got rekt in Swamp, I hid near their bodies in the swamp plants with a grenade, enemy group got their headcount wrong, started looting my mates and they ate a grenade. Fair tactic

AdhesiveTeflon

I'm willing to bet they hear you from a mile away.  There's no point of moving to you when you're moving my way without a clue that I'm there.  You walked into an ambush fair and square.

OneTrueLizardo
13 hours ago, InsightKnight said:

The issue is higher tier players are able to buy most of the weapons and kit from traders so once that is established they will just camp out the loot boxes to kill players who do not have the money to avoid looting. I play Woods a LOT and just about every game there is a prone dude just scoped on the warehouse boxes the entire match.

You can learn to check the hot spots but this is not going to change anytime soon until this "Open World" map becomes a reality.

Well, that is the snipefest map. What did you expect?

PardTheTroll

@only126db

So, am I also a camper for ambushing people I see running across the map like mad dogs? Or waiting for people to finish fighting? Or hearing someone approaching through the bushes? In my book it is called being smart. Tactical waiting even. Especially when playing alone. 

Short story:

I encountered true campers only once! Without noticing me, they barricaded themself inside the office in the red warehouse on customs. Two people, fully geared. And then there was me with a ducking makarov :begreat:

Waited for them, without moving even once, for 30 min to come out. Well, it was the most boring decision I ever made. So I started shooting through walls and stuff. Ofcourse I forgot my nades and didnt have enough ammo. In the end I died, after trolling them for another 10 min. But yeah, those have been campers. But I doubt it that everyone or so many as you describe are camping. Merely playing slow and carefull I suppose.

Cheers

Edited by PardTheTroll

salidin

Notable camper spots. Above Oli shipping Interchange, Sniper Rocks in woods, Customs... not really a bad spot to camp its so linear so everywhere is a good spot. Factory open extract. Resort shoreline. 8 floors that can be easily held by a single person let alone two or more people.

Want to avoid true campers avoid or secure those area's before you come into line of fire. 

only126db

Funny how a couple say there are no campers but then 3x as many say there are....Wonder who the campers are LOL

spillyphil

You really need to learn the maps... the way this game plays out it sorta caters to campers.. but camping takes alot of patience in Tarkov, its not like you are getting respawn waves of enemies to shoot at.

The more about the map you know, the sound of weapons, and location of weapon crates, the less likely you are to be taken down by a camper.

As a new player you are probably using the zone walls to guide you around the map, break this habit and get off of the wall as soon as possible or you will continuously run into much better geared players and stand little chance in surviving those engagements without the element of surprise.

Sprint through open areas when possible, and don't stand still while engaging targets. Always prone when looting too, makes for a harder headshot if someone is watching the body.

Edited by spillyphil

InsightKnight
On 9/21/2018 at 7:38 PM, OneTrueLizardo said:

Well, that is the snipefest map. What did you expect?

Oh for sure. It's half the reason I play it. :D

upL8N8

There is a huge learning curve to this game.  Not only do you need to be good at moving / aiming / shooting... you also need to know every nook and cranny of every map, you need to know routes, you need to use your ears, you need to keep your head on a swivel and methodically check every corner and far off sniper location.  

Starting off is super frustrating because there are things that YOU don't know, that other people have spent countless hours playing the game and DO know.  

My only recommendation is that you play with cheaper gear and/or do scav runs until you have a good handle on the game.  Keep your expectations in check.  You WILL die a lot in this game. 

Oh, and when you get a lot of loot, and you're heading to the exit... don't take detours to check that last loot location.  I've died more times than I can count  because I wanted to check that last box that's on the way!

But yeah, spawn locations are still flakey, especially in Factory.  Sometimes you spawn right next to someone and your raid ends within seconds of spawning in.  They're working on it.

• Upvote 1

mooplet

Yes... Get used to campers. They are everywhere in this game. Even if they don't start an engagement camping, 7/10 times, if another player sees you, they will find a spot to camp out until they see you with your britches around your ankles.
Kind of sad, because that play style is unbearably boring, but it's the only viable option because it's what everyone else does. Camp or be camped.

DanExert
19 hours ago, mooplet said:

if another player sees you, they will find a spot to camp out until they see you with your britches around your ankles

If you were to plan on engaging and killing another, armed and dangerous human being IRL, how would you go about doing it?

Asking for a friend

mooplet
On 10/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, DanExert said:

If you were to plan on engaging and killing another, armed and dangerous human being IRL, how would you go about doing it?

Asking for a friend

Shoot them in the head. I definitely wouldn't be hiding in a bush for 15 minutes. I would literally rather die. Yes IRL too.  

AdhesiveTeflon
On 10/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, DanExert said:

Asking for a friend

Call in an airstrike.  Have them send all the bombs.

• Hot 1