Sign in to follow this  
Arth0u

My Suggestions for the Mosin

Arth0u

Now let me get this out of the way. I love Tarkov and I appreciate the hard work that Battlestate is putting into their game, this post reflects my thoughts on the Mosin and the backlash surrounding it.

I believe that the Mosin is perfectly balanced as it was first implomented. Due to the lowering frequency of wipes we're experiencing a sort of power curve crisis. New players stand no chance against long time players with high level gear. The Mosin is a perfect bridge between the demographic of new players and the heavily geared ones. Older players should run the risk of losing their gear always and play by skill and not by said gear. Of course we could go back to the wipe system but I believe introducing balancers like the Mosin are a more streamlined and fair approach.

Edited by Arth0u

nachtmaere

The only reason a wipe hasn't occurred recently (Since 0.9 i believe) is simply because it wasn't necessary, they only wipe when they have to, major features can cause some pretty serious waves in the leveling, the economy, skills, blah blah blah, wiping keeps everything consistent in those situations, not to mention it allows us to re-test everything if features added might not see much light at end game, so on and so forth.

The wiping is not meant to be an end-game cleanup, it's just part of the testing process and only happens when it needs to :3

As for the Mosin, i understand where you're coming from, however here's the problem, when a gun is as cheap and accessible as it was, it's not about newer players having access to something they can use against more veteran players, the issue is that veteran players, even with the options available to them,  choose to use that early-game rifle instead of the weapons available to them simply because the early game rifle was more efficient, cost/profit wise and such. And this is a problem, no weapon should be 'THE' weapon y'know? And when something is that cheap, that effective, and that accessible, it becomes 'THE' weapon.

As it stands now, from what i hear, it is the same price as the SKS which used to be the weapon everyone brought in when they don't want to waste a fully kitted AK or M4 or whatever, so the way this works in terms of the issue stated above is simply that early game players have the same accessibility to the same sort of weapon as veteran players, if veteran players want, they can use the Mosin, but it would make more sense in that situation to use an SKS, if early game players wish to have the same power as a veteran player with an SKS, well they have to fork out around about the same price for it, they have to work for it, keeping a nice balanced middle ground :3

As far as 'balancers' are concerned, i do absolutely agree in the sense that lower level players should have just as many options for weapons as max ranks, the difference should simply be a matter of efficiency, y'know, more recoil, balanced pricing in comparison to higher tier variants, cost/availability of ammo, blah blah blah, leveling up, getting the higher trader ranks, it should make your life a lot easier, but it should not be a requirement to function efficiently in Tarkov xD  (Not saying it does all that much but let's talk about the fact that scopes, any scopes above RDS is basically level 2+ traders which is a real pain in my boy bits earlier on, as an example)

Arth0u
2 hours ago, nachtmaere said:

The only reason a wipe hasn't occurred recently (Since 0.9 i believe) is simply because it wasn't necessary, they only wipe when they have to, major features can cause some pretty serious waves in the leveling, the economy, skills, blah blah blah, wiping keeps everything consistent in those situations, not to mention it allows us to re-test everything if features added might not see much light at end game, so on and so forth.

The wiping is not meant to be an end-game cleanup, it's just part of the testing process and only happens when it needs to :3

As for the Mosin, i understand where you're coming from, however here's the problem, when a gun is as cheap and accessible as it was, it's not about newer players having access to something they can use against more veteran players, the issue is that veteran players, even with the options available to them,  choose to use that early-game rifle instead of the weapons available to them simply because the early game rifle was more efficient, cost/profit wise and such. And this is a problem, no weapon should be 'THE' weapon y'know? And when something is that cheap, that effective, and that accessible, it becomes 'THE' weapon.

As it stands now, from what i hear, it is the same price as the SKS which used to be the weapon everyone brought in when they don't want to waste a fully kitted AK or M4 or whatever, so the way this works in terms of the issue stated above is simply that early game players have the same accessibility to the same sort of weapon as veteran players, if veteran players want, they can use the Mosin, but it would make more sense in that situation to use an SKS, if early game players wish to have the same power as a veteran player with an SKS, well they have to fork out around about the same price for it, they have to work for it, keeping a nice balanced middle ground :3

As far as 'balancers' are concerned, i do absolutely agree in the sense that lower level players should have just as many options for weapons as max ranks, the difference should simply be a matter of efficiency, y'know, more recoil, balanced pricing in comparison to higher tier variants, cost/availability of ammo, blah blah blah, leveling up, getting the higher trader ranks, it should make your life a lot easier, but it should not be a requirement to function efficiently in Tarkov xD  (Not saying it does all that much but let's talk about the fact that scopes, any scopes above RDS is basically level 2+ traders which is a real pain in my boy bits earlier on, as an example)

We desperately need an end game cleanup though. Sure the Mosin may not be "perfect" as it is (a fov nerf and accuracy seem wise) but almost 50k for a new player with standard edition (300k Rubles) is a bit too expensive imo.

nachtmaere
1 minute ago, Arth0u said:

We desperately need an end game cleanup though. Sure the Mosin may not be "perfect" as it is (a fov nerf and accuracy seem wise) but almost 50k for a new player with standard edition (300k Rubles) is a bit too expensive imo.

Even if it were 50k, that's seriously not that much xD Even for a new player with standard edition, granted, you obviously won't be doing your first raid with a Mosin because how does that even make sense? But once you actually learn how to Tarkov a little bit, you go into a raid, kill a few scavs, loot a few guns, sell 'em, you got yourself a Mosin, capable of massacring heavily armored players for a TREMENDOUS profit, i'm really not seeing the issue here?

If anyone is having trouble getting 50K early, they need to go back to offline mode and practice some more.

Arth0u
8 minutes ago, nachtmaere said:

Even if it were 50k, that's seriously not that much xD Even for a new player with standard edition, granted, you obviously won't be doing your first raid with a Mosin because how does that even make sense? But once you actually learn how to Tarkov a little bit, you go into a raid, kill a few scavs, loot a few guns, sell 'em, you got yourself a Mosin, capable of massacring heavily armored players for a TREMENDOUS profit, i'm really not seeing the issue here?

If anyone is having trouble getting 50K early, they need to go back to offline mode and practice some more.

in a setting where every player is running around with Altyns and Forts you're telling a new player to just git gud? They go in with nothing because they have nothing. Those geared players should be able to defend themselves if they are using their gear correctly, not just by absorbing lead.

Edited by Arth0u

nachtmaere
1 minute ago, Arth0u said:

in a setting where every player is running around with Altyns and Forts you're telling a new player to just git gud? They go in with nothing because they have nothing

Nup, i'd never tell anyone to 'get gud' cause i'm not good xD What i'm saying is early on killing scavs is easy as pie, scavs drop more than enough loot to earn more than enough money to afford a Mosin, which is then more than enough to handle people with Altyns and Forts for some reason, so... There's really no cause for concern here. Again, if people are struggling to get 50k early on, it's just a lack of knowledge issue, scav spawn locations, map routes, combat tactics, when and where to avoid conflict, blahdy blah blah blah, most of these issues can be resolved by going back into offline mode and educating yourself. I'm not saying get good, i'm saying if you're struggling to earn 50k early on, you need to get educated, you need to be smarter about what you're doing and how you're doing it.

Arth0u
3 minutes ago, nachtmaere said:

Nup, i'd never tell anyone to 'get gud' cause i'm not good xD What i'm saying is early on killing scavs is easy as pie, scavs drop more than enough loot to earn more than enough money to afford a Mosin, which is then more than enough to handle people with Altyns and Forts for some reason, so... There's really no cause for concern here. Again, if people are struggling to get 50k early on, it's just a lack of knowledge issue, scav spawn locations, map routes, combat tactics, when and where to avoid conflict, blahdy blah blah blah, most of these issues can be resolved by going back into offline mode and educating yourself. I'm not saying get good, i'm saying if you're struggling to earn 50k early on, you need to get educated, you need to be smarter about what you're doing and how you're doing it.

I agree with what you're saying but it's just not "fun" for a new player to get into the game. Bad first impressions and I feel that will be really bad on the open beta.

nachtmaere
8 minutes ago, Arth0u said:

I agree with what you're saying but it's just not "fun" for a new player to get into the game. Bad first impressions and I feel that will be really bad on the open beta.

Unfortunately however, EFT was very specifically designed to be a brutal, punishing, realistic, hardcore experience, if this sort of experience is not 'fun' for the player, this game is going to get a whole lot worse for them as development progresses because this game was not designed for them :/

Don't get me wrong, i don't like games that are deliberately PUNISHING, challenging yes, but punishing no, and it's an element of EFT that i'm not exactly a fan of, but EFT was not designed for people like me, i push through, and i do what i can to enjoy the game at all times, even when it feels overly punishing, but i know that i was not their core demographic when they envisioned this game, and i'm not their target audience now, at some point, this game may literally become unplayable to me, but i'll fight tooth and nail to stop these BSG devils from gettin' me down ;)

Arth0u
15 minutes ago, nachtmaere said:

Unfortunately however, EFT was very specifically designed to be a brutal, punishing, realistic, hardcore experience, if this sort of experience is not 'fun' for the player, this game is going to get a whole lot worse for them as development progresses because this game was not designed for them :/

Don't get me wrong, i don't like games that are deliberately PUNISHING, challenging yes, but punishing no, and it's an element of EFT that i'm not exactly a fan of, but EFT was not designed for people like me, i push through, and i do what i can to enjoy the game at all times, even when it feels overly punishing, but i know that i was not their core demographic when they envisioned this game, and i'm not their target audience now, at some point, this game may literally become unplayable to me, but i'll fight tooth and nail to stop these BSG devils from gettin' me down ;)

x6fclck0p9201 (1).jpg

nachtmaere
4 minutes ago, Arth0u said:

[meme]

I'm not 100% sure i know where you're going with this image xD

Also ionno wtf these people were doing with their life before the Mosin that it's such a big deal that it was nerfed xD Just go back to what y'all were doing before but maybe mix a Mosin in there when you can afford it?