DJudic

Ninja SCAVs and ghost damage?

DJudic

I have this for a second time now, but can definitely say the symptoms. I tried googling it, but can't find anything. Only similar example is of some German video. 

I have this happen to me twice now for the past week.

The first was when running to the Tunnels exit from Shoreline, I was going by the cars, but then all of a sudden I took two quick hits *from something*, no gun shots, no bullet hits around me due to inaccurate fire. Just two quick taps and I died. I got my full gear back in the next days and it was a decent one, so I doubt a player wouldn't take ANYTHING. The "summary" window was saying one of the Russian Scav names dropped me from the chest.

The second was just now on Interchange, I was looting one dead Scav and heard my guy grunt in pain. For a second I thought that if it was a player, I would be either dead or I would hear at least some missed shots land near me. Just stayed down to listen for Anything, but no. I thought it was just again random audio bugs. But then after a couple of seconds saw my chest area blimp in red and I was wondering if I didn't lie on something :? So I healed up, thought it is some bug. Grabbed quickly a few more things and while running away I just got hit again and dropped dead. The "summary" window showed again a Scav name with death from chest. 

Anyone else getting these random deaths? No sound, no bullets cracking/popping/whizzing, nothing, just damage instances and dropping down dead. Or is this some new cheat? 

nwknirgrgwqabsw

Pretty sure you just de-sync'd from the server. That scav was probably alive and well and shooting at you server side, which is why you stop taking damage from him when you turn the corner. I have occasionally had some weird damage desyncs, whether it's delayed damage or something else, but out of nowhere you go all red and black, when you haven't been hit. I had that happen 2 or 3 times in one raid today, although the last time it happened it was probably weeks ago. I mean it *could* be someone with US maybe? Although I highly doubt it was.

adamok1

2 days ago i had that problem:

Xavier26

Hi guys !

I also had this issu twice during last months... Exactly the same : taking damage from nowhere without sound or anything explaining damages and finishing reporeted killed by a scav in the game report.

But more interesting, a few weeks ago  I spawn once as a scav in team with a friend to play together and he said me :

- I was invisible

- I made absolulty no sound when moving or attacking

- my attacks hit players ans scavs normally (but with no sound)

- scav bot saw me and engaged me normally after the first scav I killed (so I was not invisible for bots !!!)

- My friend managed to hit me with attacks (I saaid exactly where I was and he tried to fire at me and to hit me iwth knife), my character mumbled but take no damage at all (!)

We played for 20 or 30 mintutes game without desync, and then extracted normally (with lot of stuff :D :D )

So invisible scav is clearly not a legend ! I don't not if it is frequent, but the fact is for the player who is invisible, there is no way to know it except if you are playing with team mates !!!

Edited by Xavier26

Locopengu96
Gerade eben schrieb Xavier26:

- I was invisible

- I made absolulty no sound when moving or attacking

Same for me. I was fully Invis, my Teammate didn't even saw me. I wasn't killing anyone. I just ran to the extract and was in front of some Pmc's. They were not able to see me. They didn't even react like, "There is something in front of me"

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Xavier26:

- scav bot saw me and engaged me normally after the first scav I killed (so I was not invisible for bots !!!)

Even the Scav wasnt able to see me. I could killed the Scavboss. But i didn't.  I got the Clip somewhere on my Pc but idk where.

Am 9.10.2018 um 03:48 schrieb DJudic:

I have this for a second time now, but can definitely say the symptoms. I tried googling it, but can't find anything. Only similar example is of some German video. 

I belive, that was a Player-Scav with a verry bad ping. I had the same issue.....

KENCH

So guys, with the .12, the ninja scav is back, I was playing on factory when (probably) a scav (player or not, I'm not sure) started to hit me, I lived long enough to run to some closed area (forklift spawn). I hide there and waited for him, (probably not the best idea but I didn't know that I'm dealing with a ninja) so he arrived and shot me down, without any sound ofcourse, and I clearly not seen him. 

ps.: the rest of the scavies were normal, I was able to shoot and hear them.

So the bug is back.

• Upvote 1

JinTV

Yeah i have the same problem with Ghost Damage, i was in Factory... and i hear nothing. 

It was a bug or someone cheating... i was behind barrels. 

JinTV

And again with my Scav..... omg! Pls fix it !!!!!

It was in factory again.

Edited by JinTV

TR1GG3RD
22 minutes ago, JinTV said:

And again with my Scav..... omg! Pls fix it !!!!!

It was in factory again.

My buddy and I had the same thing in night Factory just now. Scav raid in Interchange beforehand was the same problem.

Might be related to the recent server update????

Edited by TR1GG3RD
Addition

jby

it also happend on me just now in factory when i was playing scav.

I killed 1 scav and did not get any damage from that, then like 3 seconds later i just died suddenly with no sound.

TR1GG3RD

I just copped it again on woods... Please dev's read this thread!

Tango235

Same here. Scavraid on Factory two times in a row. Killed without any obvious reason or sound.

JinTV

And AGAIN..... please read this here!... man this sucks. Always as SCAV !

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Sprinklez:

Yeah... this is the same in my scav rounds...