So, Tarkov is coming along fine in my opinion but I've been pondering something. Microsoft has been acquiring more studios with the promise of freedom and I was wondering how people would feel about the thought of BSG joining them? Like I said, EFT is coming along fine so I don't think they'd need the help, but the resources of such a company couldn't hurt. The one sticking point, assuming BSG would retain their developmental freedom, is that Microsoft would want to put EFT on the Xbox as well. But, the Xbox has DayZ and Vigor on it now as well as mouse and keyboard support being announced, so I don't think an Xbox version of Tarkov would be impossible. Long and short of it, what's the opinions of such an acquisition?

7 minutes ago, MilesAvius said:

So, Tarkov is coming along fine in my opinion but I've been pondering something. Microsoft has been acquiring more studios with the promise of freedom and I was wondering how people would feel about the thought of BSG joining them? Like I said, EFT is coming along fine so I don't think they'd need the help, but the resources of such a company couldn't hurt. The one sticking point, assuming BSG would retain their developmental freedom, is that Microsoft would want to put EFT on the Xbox as well. But, the Xbox has DayZ and Vigor on it now as well as mouse and keyboard support being announced, so I don't think an Xbox version of Tarkov would be impossible. Long and short of it, what's the opinions of such an acquisition?

Then it would lose its uniqueness fairly and turn in to Pay2win attacents for weapons like do you want that 60 round drum mag for the M4 it's all yours for 99cents....I mean in the wrong hands it will flop that's for sure.

Oh god no just no nope nope nope.

Microsoft would never hand off full developmental freedom and the beta has enough issues as a single platform development you wanna add another platform to work on at the same time madness.  

Bsg is not short of resources as fair as we are aware so its not even a throw more money at it thing.

4 minutes ago, Babimko said:

Then it would lose its uniqueness fairly and turn in to Pay2win attacents for weapons like do you want that 60 round drum mag for the M4 it's all yours for 99cents....I mean in the wrong hands it will flop that's for sure.

Well, to be fair, it's already somewhat P2W with the various editions you can get and the eventual trading could very well have the same effect with people doing hatchet or Scav runs to get some money and then buy whatever from other players.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

it's not casual enough for microsoft, microsoft buys studios that produces games that have the potential to reach mass market and apeal to the majority of the population.

Edited by Zotach

3 minutes ago, smokey-phil said:

Oh god no just no nope nope nope.

Microsoft would never hand off full developmental freedom and the beta has enough issues as a single platform development you wanna add another platform to work on at the same time madness.  

Bsg is not short of resources as fair as we are aware so its not even a throw more money at it thing.

I don't think it would be that bad. They'd be able to hire more people, or import them from Microsoft, to handle console porting. But, more than a few games have their PC versions out in a much better state with the console versions eventually working their way up to the same quality.

2 minutes ago, Zotach said:

it's not casual enough for microsoft, microsoft buys studios that produces games that have the potential to reach mass market and apeal to the majority of the population.

I can see what you mean. I think a partnership would fit Tarkov better like they did with the people making DayZ and Vigor.

2 minutes ago, MilesAvius said:

I don't think it would be that bad. They'd be able to hire more people, or import them from Microsoft, to handle console porting. But, more than a few games have their PC versions out in a much better state with the console versions eventually working their way up to the same quality.

I can see what you mean. I think a partnership would fit Tarkov better like they did with the people making DayZ and Vigor.

i wouldnt even go that far, a decent invenstor is all BSG would need to expand their studio

2 minutes ago, Zotach said:

i wouldnt even go that far, a decent invenstor is all BSG would need to expand their studio

But none have stepped forward. They showed the game off at E3 in 2015 or '16 and it's been in development since 2012. I mean, I would take almost any investor as well, but since Microsoft is the one currently doing everything they can to build a better line-up, it just made more sense they they'd be the one to approach or be approached.

6 hours ago, MilesAvius said:

But none have stepped forward. They showed the game off at E3 in 2015 or '16 and it's been in development since 2012. I mean, I would take almost any investor as well, but since Microsoft is the one currently doing everything they can to build a better line-up, it just made more sense they they'd be the one to approach or be approached.

You know they bsg skipped the last couple of e3's in order to carry on working on the game and so they didn't have to take time away from it to do up e3 promo videos and stuff. 

Why do you think bsg needs an investor or more money? 

22 hours ago, MilesAvius said:

You are asking to a mighty BEAR to knee before a dirty USEC, shame on you! 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 2:32 PM, MilesAvius said:

Weve already seen what the DayZ Xbox version has done to DayZ PC development, which is jack-poop or even delaying. No, this is not a good idea and Im happy it will never probably happen, were talking about a Russian indie Unity game dev team and Microsoft.

No, please no!

As soon as a major comapny has its hand on this game, it's gonna become casual and likely to become micro transactions.

i woudln#t mind if MTs would go for clothing only, but most of the stuff from big players like EA, Ubi and Microsoft are not only visuals, they are most likely pay2win.

So about OP: bad idea.