LibertyLamb

Stowing headsets in compatible helmets

LibertyLamb

I would like to have the option to store headsets inside of compatible helmets in my stash. It's not critical that a feature like this be implemented, but it would be a nice convenience. Having the standard edition of the game (as of now), every square in my stash counts. This would be a reasonable and realistic method of storage for headsets.

Again, this is obviously just a nice-to-have and not the least bit critical. It would, however, save a bit of time and effort shuffling gear around in my stash.

If I were to implement this feature, I might implement it in the following way:

1. The earpiece slot in the gear screen would be removed
  2. Earpieces would become a moddable headwear item
  3. Headwear that can be worn with a headset would be classified as both a headset mod and a headwear item
    1. This would also mean that items like baseball caps could be stored with a headset, but I do not feel as though that is unreasonable or unfair

Some of the red dot sights in Tarkov, for example, were implemented in a similar way; some red dots can be used on another optic or independently.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Tahvohck

Seconding the overall suggestion. I like the idea, though I think the suggested implementation overall needs polish.

mattywatty2012

This already happens with the fast MT and the compatible headset. All other headsets are not bolted onto the helmet during use, therefore it wouldn't make sense to be able to store them inside each other.

Tahvohck

@mattywatty2012 I disagree with you on that. If it fits under the helmet in use it makes sense that you might also store them together. I know I probably would.