8odycount

Helmets need to be realistic

8odycount

As stated in the title, helmets need to be realistic. There's not point making them stop AK's or M4's or other weapons. They are not designed for this. So I've heard developers saying they don't want to make them realistic. But this game is supposed to be hardcore realistic. Not making them realistic, is as stupid as balancing weapons. My 2 cents.

• Like 6

HKPRO

On that note, helmets do need some rebalancing, especially since the MOSIN can now one-tap most helmets. One solution i think would be to add the as-600 ballistic helmet. It is used by the KSK and can stop 7.62*51 NATO, and probably the mosin's 7.62*54. However, to balance out the high level armour of this helmet, it should be rather rare/expensive or both. Something that you wouldn't want to loose immediately just to tank a mosling.

PardTheTroll

Well, I´d say there would be no need to make helmets being able to take rifle rounds, if headshots werent so frequent. Especialy since the face hitbox has been implemented, everyone goes for the head. Cant blame anyone though, as it is the deadliest zone in most, if not any, shooter ever released. 

Sure, helmets werent designed to take rifle rounds, but why is that so? Because going for a headshot kill is not the norm in reality ...

Need to balance it out, so the gameplay doesnt suffer from mechanics, which just dont translate too well into a game ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DrakeVanders
On 10/13/2018 at 4:22 PM, 8odycount said:

As stated in the title, helmets need to be realistic. There's not point making them stop AK's or M4's or other weapons. They are not designed for this. So I've heard developers saying they don't want to make them realistic. But this game is supposed to be hardcore realistic. Not making them realistic, is as stupid as balancing weapons. My 2 cents.

Unfortunatly sometimes "realism" has to take a back seat sometimes to preserve the fun-factor but I'm not entirely against at least scaling back helmets at least in terms of protection.

However they also adding more Helmets and Armor in the future, I'm sure the only reason they are the way they are now will only be temporary until they add more to give more variety amongst the lot.

HKPRO

helmets can definitely null the lethality of bullets, why do you think soldiers all around the world wear them? however helmets do not make bullets completely ineffective in the event of a headshot.

proper balancing is necessary

p4nnus
8 hours ago, HKPRO said:

helmets can definitely null the lethality of bullets, why do you think soldiers all around the world wear them? however helmets do not make bullets completely ineffective in the event of a headshot.

proper balancing is necessary

Helmets are worn as general protection, mainly against shrapnel and debris. The combat helmets we have now in the game are not build to sustain a direct hit, from a rifle with a good impact angle.

In most cases a rifle round will either heavily injure you or kill you when wearing a basic combat helmet. Then there is ofc exceptions in the most modern tech, but then the blunt DMG comes to play a part AFAIK. Being hit with a 7.62x51 must be pretty painful even with that as-600.

The helmets are intentionally, as a balancing act, made a more viable option than they should be realistically. BSG has confirmed this. Im not sure if its gonna change when we get more variety in the helmets, but they are unrealistic atm. I think everything regarding armor/penetration/damage should be as realistic as possible.

• Like 5

HKPRO

@p4nnus, i agree with your verdict. Everything in tarkov should be as realistic as possible, including helmets.

mrnabbo96

First they fix the headshot too easy issue and after we can talk about helmets, im bored to get killed in a second with altyn only bcs a bad guy with mp7 and ap round want to do the pro

TechoverMana

I completely agree, the helmets should be much more reflective of their performance in real life instead of what we have now, and that should go towards all the weapon data and prices and everything.

On 11/4/2018 at 2:48 PM, HKPRO said:

Everything in tarkov should be as realistic as possible, including helmets.

Pretty much sums my feelings up entirely.

GeneralBrus

10 bodyshots to kill vs 1 headshot to kill is very inconsistent. i dont like that, in fact i think it removes skill from the game, because even if you hit first, your enemy can do a lucky 180 headshot. but thats just what i dont "like"

The question here is not realism, but it is gameplay let me tell you why.

u can have a game with a 1 headshot kill and 10 bodyshot kill dmgmodel

or maybe a 3 headshot kill and 6 bodyshot kill dmgmodel

or maybe a 1  headshot kill and 3 bodyshot kill dmgmodel.

all of these can be realistic if you deside what gear we can have in tarkov and what we cant have. the lore of the game can make it for example totaly realistic that we have no "unused pristine" fortarmor in the battlezone .

the question is: what do we want and what do the devs want.

fast time to kill? or slow? or focus on headshots... THAT IS THE ENTIRE PROBLEM THAT WE HAVE! ... all the other things can be decided afterwards

dskpnk

This is a realistic game, in real life helmet almost only used to prevent you to hit a wall or a tree branch. 

stAKato

You complain about 1 shot in the head would kill, but this is not the real point. Headshot must kill in several, most every, case. 

Its the shooter's behavior that should be fixed. Weapon sway is way too weak. Aim for the head is a formality right now. 

Btw, helmets should not stop rifle and carbine bullets until they hit a critical angle 

• Like 1