GokuBlack108_Tv

Stop Giving Scav's 10 round AK magazines?

GokuBlack108_Tv

Am i the only one who finds these completely useless? you couldn't kill a mouse with this amount of ammunition in a magazine let alone any player whether they are armored or not. I think if you are going to give a scav an AK or anything they need to have the big 30 round magazines. Atleast one and then the rest are 10 round magazines, but to have every single one be only 10 rounds is a hassle and trying to get gear is just impossible with only 10 rounds. What are your thoughts? let me know in the comments below 

soviet dog.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

ShiroTenshi

If you aim properly, a 10 rounder only needs 1 shot to kill.

Besides, Scavs do sometimes carry 30 rounders. Otherwise you have to find or buy them. Don't see anything wrong with how it works right now. Multiple 10 rounders will still mess up someone's day, it will just take a bit longer.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1

Lyricist
6 minutes ago, -John-Wick- said:

Am i the only one who finds these completely useless? you couldn't kill a mouse with this amount of ammunition in a magazine let alone any player whether they are armored or not. I think if you are going to give a scav an AK or anything they need to have the big 30 round magazines. Atleast one and then the rest are 10 round magazines, but to have every single one be only 10 rounds is a hassle and trying to get gear is just impossible with only 10 rounds. What are your thoughts? let me know in the comments below 

soviet dog.jpg

Actually it takes roughly 1-4 rounds to kill a person. 1 to the face for a clean headshot or 4 well placed shots in the chest/legs. If you're not confident you can take out an armored person with a Vepr and 10 round mags, well, then, maybe you should avoid that fight?

There's times when you know you can take the fight and there's times you should avoid one. How it plays out is up to you.

DanExert
10 hours ago, -John-Wick- said:

Am i the only one who finds these completely useless? you couldn't kill a mouse with this amount of ammunition in a magazine let alone any player whether they are armored or not.

Don't let 10-rounders hold you back from achieving great things

Arzzet

Playing as scav is not free chance coin.. well, it is, but as same as you have to look for meds you can look for bigger mags and ammo, i don’t see the problem. The poor scav looks for his life the same as a pmc, but some of us still think playing as scav is run as a kamikaze for good loot free chance...

boxman80

I think giving Scavs better load outs and kit will undermine the game economy. Having mostly gash and useless, or less desired kit is essential part of game and its progression.  

Besides, if everyone is always running about with full 30 or more round mags you may as well be playing COD or BF. Variety is the spice of life! 

Plus, Im sure I read that AI Scavs will soon have a finite supply of ammo, which means their mag load-outs will be a bit more significant. 

Edited by boxman80
  • Upvote 1

Vodor

Aren’t scavs supposed to be armed civilians? 10 round mags are supposed to be the legal civvy equivalent to arms like that.

Makes sense to me, when all the sheeeet hit the fan they all went and got their 10 round mag guns out their cupboards and went to town with them.

Edited by Vodor
  • Upvote 1

Skemba

AK 30 rounders and BT ammo is pretty common in green army boxes... Don't really see a problem here...

Edited by Skemba

KnocturnalQi

You dishonor the name of John Wick, he would never moan about 10 rounds in a mag for he only needs one.

• Hot 1
  • Cold 2
  • Upvote 2

OneTrueLizardo

Soon people start demanding fort+fast and pimped out m4's for scavs, then remove the timer and soon we just have a regular casual fps with free loadouts and max gear :'D

Okey, I'm being hyperbolic and using the slippery slope to that end, but seriously if you can't do anything with a 10 round mag, stick to your pmc and don't play the scav and stop whining like an entitled baby.

• Upvote 2

Phoenixsui

5x 10 round Vepr-136 are enough to kill all Scavboss NPCs on Customs. But not the 5 other players i attracted by that ;D.

Scavs usualy have pretty good ammo as well. Better ammo than lvl 1-10 players usualy.

iyhan_spb
17 часов назад, -John-Wick- сказал:

What are your thoughts? let me know in the comments below 

Scavs are former Tarkov citizens. Most of them carry their  civilian weapons and mags. According to the Russian law, civilian gun must be semi-automatic with 10 round mag. 

10 rounds is enough to kill anyone while aiming at his head

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

BESK
49 minutes ago, Vodor said:

Aren’t scavs supposed to be armed civilians? 10 round mags are supposed to be the legal civvy equivalent to arms like that.

Makes sense to me, when all the sheeeet hit the fan they all went and got their 10 round mag guns out their cupboards and went to town with them.

Yep, makes sense that they are standing next to boxes with AS-VAL, M4, AKM:s. Nothing is more reliable than my old VEPR...

Phoenixsui
vor 8 Minuten schrieb BESK:

Yep, makes sense that they are standing next to boxes with AS-VAL, M4, AKM:s. Nothing is more reliable than my old VEPR...

They have empty mags ;)

DanExert
8 minutes ago, BESK said:

The AI scavs will eventually be able to loot bodies, so I imagine they might just be able to loot crates/item spawns too, as well as manage their inventories 

blokkfighter

The 10 rounder is more then enough to kill 2 players with 1 mag. 1 bullet straight in the head, and the other 9 to his friend when he runs away in panic.. it should be 5 rounders... but then you would cry why no 10 rounders :D

iyhan_spb
40 минут назад, blokkfighter сказал:

The 10 rounder is more then enough to kill 2 players with 1 mag. 1 bullet straight in the head, and the other 9 to his friend when he runs away in panic.. it should be 5 rounders... but then you would cry why no 10 rounders :D

I'm sure  5 rounder for AK doesn't  even exist.... ;)

WEGO_CAT
21 hours ago, -John-Wick- said:

soviet dog.jpg

in future you will spawn maybe with broken leg or arm  (DEVs many times said that )

and the start gear will be so random (even worst then now)

smokey-phil

Heh heh calls himself "John Wick" and then is all like "need more bullet can't kill anything with these * 10 rounders" 

It like you can't make this stuff up :P 

Aim better or scavenge more 

Or ya know live up to your namesake and use a * tt with its 8+1 single stack of glory

DrForkInTheLung

The real reason and there is 10 round mags and veprs, it's Because what a civilian can legally own. I personally think it's pretty cool detail. 

In some states in USA you can't own a magazine that can hold  more that 30 rounds like in California. In Oregon you can have normal mags. 

Also it makes sense that scavs have those weapons because they are civilians. 

OneTrueLizardo

More importantly the SKS should on default have the 10 round internal magazine and the external mag conversion kit sold separately.

Just saying.

Edit: devs? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the sks got the external mag because there were problems coding the internal mags? Now that the internal mags are fixed, make the standard sks into a 10 rounder like it should be.

Edited by OneTrueLizardo

Maki_Nishikino
15 hours ago, iyhan_spb said:

I'm sure  5 rounder for AK doesn't  even exist.... ;)

They do.

iyhan_spb
25 минут назад, Maki_Nishikino сказал:

They do.

Well, according to Google, they really do. But I've never seen them in real life. 10 rounders were the smallest I saw

Lyricist
20 hours ago, KnocturnalQi said:

You dishonor the name of John Wick, he would never moan about 10 rounds in a mag for he only needs one.

"7 Million dollars gets you 7 Rounds. That's a million dollars a round, baby"

Edited by Lyricist
  • Like 1

smokey-phil
17 minutes ago, iyhan_spb said:

Well, according to Google, they really do. But I've never seen them in real life. 10 rounders were the smallest I saw

They are often 10 rounders with a pin stuck though them or with a new follower and spring put in them so it only holds half as many. 

Its mostly a hunting thing as far as i am aware apprently some places are quite strict about your kit like with duck shooting they often have those limited to 3 shells in some places.

So you kinda right in some way :P