Sign in to follow this  
azullaris

Horde of Geared players

azullaris

Ok so i probably will have people chasing me with pitchforks, but thats is something i believed and observed. The problem is that the game in its current state is almost unplayable for low level players or budget runs, why i say that, well today i went in 15 different raids, and in all of them and end up in the same way, getting shredded by an m4, as val, aks and sks. Yeah all pretty normal until in almost every raid i tapped them at least 5 times with vepr (7.62), and well in most times they lost 300 ish of life, but in me , bam 1 or 2 do the trick. So you are wondering , whats the problem? The problem is that the armor in this game is broken, far away from reality, in rlf its few armor that can stop it, and one bullet already shread the structure of the armor, in this game armor 4 and beyond transforms you into a walking tank. And people want mosin nerfed, or the price raised, but in reality is the only weapon( that in many circunstances wont save your ass) that can at least kill the guy with 2 well placed shots. **What i belive would solve the problem would be nerfing the vests, lvl 4 and 5 can only take 2 7.62mm and in the next you already getting full damage 2 and 3 only 1 shot would be blocked. Because for me its unbearrable, having a vepr, turn the enemy into swiss chiss , and he taps me 1 or 2 times and im dead( in some situations even with armor). 

p4nnus
14 hours ago, azullaris said:

Ok so i probably will have people chasing me with pitchforks, but thats is something i believed and observed. The problem is that the game in its current state is almost unplayable for low level players or budget runs, why i say that, well today i went in 15 different raids, and in all of them and end up in the same way, getting shredded by an m4, as val, aks and sks. Yeah all pretty normal until in almost every raid i tapped them at least 5 times with vepr (7.62), and well in most times they lost 300 ish of life, but in me , bam 1 or 2 do the trick. So you are wondering , whats the problem? The problem is that the armor in this game is broken, far away from reality, in rlf its few armor that can stop it, and one bullet already shread the structure of the armor, in this game armor 4 and beyond transforms you into a walking tank. And people want mosin nerfed, or the price raised, but in reality is the only weapon( that in many circunstances wont save your ass) that can at least kill the guy with 2 well placed shots. **What i belive would solve the problem would be nerfing the vests, lvl 4 and 5 can only take 2 7.62mm and in the next you already getting full damage 2 and 3 only 1 shot would be blocked. Because for me its unbearrable, having a vepr, turn the enemy into swiss chiss , and he taps me 1 or 2 times and im dead( in some situations even with armor). 

First of all, this has been suggested over 20 times during the last year. You should definitely use the search function before posting, so you dont clutter the forums with the 30th duplicate post about the same subject.

Youre saying the armor is broken, whats the main reason for this? Do you know the actual facts on what a type 4 or type 5 armor can do? For example, do you know how much beating a fort armor took, before a single round penetrated it IRL? You seem to have this idea of whats the reality, but I want to know what you think it is, to see if you really think the armor is unrealistic or if youre just whining bc you cant handle the full gear combatants.

EFT tries to be realistic. What you want is not realistic, at least if we talk about the plated armors. You want to have a leveled playing ground in a realistic HC shooter, why? I think its because you thought you could do well in this game with any gear and setup, but still lack the skill to do so, so you want the game to be easier.

So yeah, tell me what you think is the reality with a 6b43 for instance, and then we can discuss further on why you want this change to happen.

Edited by p4nnus

azullaris

Ok first of all, i think you know what you are talking about so i will cut to the chase. You know that 7.62mm is one of the most powerful standart calibers avaible, and you know also that is a very troublesome ammunition to make a viable , light and functional armor, even the armor with the most stopping power have trouble stoping this bullet, and if you know that, you also know that no armor in  RLF can take 5 shots point blank of this caliber and the combatent still be standing and shooting lika a ducking rambo. Yeah so if you have knowlegde of all of that , you also know that in real life protective gear is done to raise the chances of getting you alive, but even a bullet from a 9mm well placed will put you in serious trouble if not dead. All said and done, like in rlf i want this game to be just like that, my gear raise my chances, but dont make me invicible, this will not make the game EASY by the contraire, will make it a lot more realistic and hardcore than it is know. And about the fort armor, it can stop 7.62 in rlf, but not 5 shot point blank, i belive the only thing that can take this are LV'S and such vehicles.

Drombal

Please use the search function to avoid multiple postings. There are many threads regarding the state of armor and/or ammunition (Too strong, too weak, too expensive, too cheap).

#Locked

• Thanks 1