TheWay

Q&A with Nikita Buyanov from Russian Forum section

Escapers!

One of the Escape From Tarkov Reddit users, o4zloiroman, wrote down and translated the information that was posted on the Russian Forum section by Nikita Buyanov.

Please find the list of his most interesting responses below:

• Telescopic stocks are planned, same with the free positioning of attachments on their respective planks;
  • Next maps are Lab, Military Base, then Village or Lighthouse;
  • It's possible that they will change speed with which you level your skills up;
  • Stash expansion with .11 or the one after it;
  • Tarkov's end-game: to escape from the city, finish the personal storyline;
  • Different characters will have their respective stashes and hideouts;
  • Ragdoll collision is going to be looked into;
  • They would very love to see advanced sniping tools, but it's not in the list of priorities ATM;
  • They plan to have a reputation(?) system for Scav players;
  • Auto-sort for the stash is planned;
  • They will try their best to release SVD with .11;
  • Face customization: the face itself, haircut, facial hairs;
  • They're satisfied with ragdoll death animations (no custom death animations probably);
  • Shoulder aim swapping isn't coming any time soon;
  • PTS is planned;
  • Nikita had no idea Scavs don't spend ammo while shooting;
  • There's going to be something akin to lowered weapon stance;
  • Boss for Woods and the map's expansion is planned;
  • They will try to implement Vulkan support;
  • The clan system is going to be "non-standard";
  • New quests with 10.5;
  • They never noticed that there are delays between pressing the Jump button and the actual jump itself;
  • 21:9 fix "soon";
  • CIS players are 30-35% of the game's community;
  • Stamina is going to be directly tied to your weight;
  • They liked the suggestion of implementation of a stagger animation if you're landing on the ground while "overweight";
  • Next weapons after 416 and AR-15: RPK-16, SCAR-L/H, Vector;
  • Bipods, binoculars, and rangefinder are planned;
  • The clan system isn't coming any time "soon";
  • They're still discussing how to introduce aimpunch back into the game properly;
  • Factory expansion is under consideration;
  • Proper implementation of holographic sights (aiming with both eyes open, making them "transparent") is difficult, probably won't be coming;
  • Civilian AR-15 will be available from lvl1 standing;
  • They're trying to implement physical manifestation of weapon belts, but it's difficult;
  • Hydration/energy levels will be affecting stamina;
  • Weather conditions will be affecting weapons' performance;
  • Smoke UBGs (Under Barrel Grenades) is coming;
  • They don't have plans for replays (though that wasn't a definitive no);
  • Traders WILL be located on the maps in the future;
  • To unlock a map you will have to do "something" in the future;
  • The difficulty of maps will be directly tied to the loot quality and aggressiveness of locals;
  • The game will have a separate game mode where you're going to enter the game from one location, but to get back into your hideout you will have to reach a different [randomly specified] location;
  • OBT is going to be a long one;
  • Hunger won't be rising while your character is inside hideout;
  • Not having power won't stop you from producing stuff while inside hideout, will affect the production speed though;
  • They will think about letting people raise their stats while in hideout (shooting range);
  • Losing consciousness is still planned, but it's not in the list of their priorities ATM;
  • Customs expansion is planned for .11;
  • They can't let people get on top of tall structures due to technical limitations;
  • Planned to remove glitch that allows stuffing of bag inside each other .11;
  • Still, don't know how Karma is going to work;
  • NVGs and thermals will require batteries;
  • The weapons will be degrading much faster later on, but it's still going to be easier to fix them rather than sell and purchase new ones;
  • Hideout production: ammo, meds, repairs, moonshine, etc.

TRANSLATIONS:

• Hungarian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Hungarian Emissary @Settenke
  • German translation can be found here. Thanks to our German Emissary and Moderator @Hummz21
  • Italian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Italian Emissary and Moderator @dinosamir
  • Portuguese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary @Alexandre_5
  • Korean translation can be found here. Thanks to our Korean Emissary @lih2677
  • Arabic translation can be found here. Thanks to our Arabic Emissary @SimbaHB
  • Danish translation can be found here. Thanks to our Danish Emissary @RooZvonBooZ
  • Lithuanian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Lithuanian Emissary @DarkNavalLTU
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Hot 3
  • Upvote 10

8 minutes ago, iPHAILZ said:

Fake News - Not one mention of more AK's.

The RPK is an AK variant. 

Traders WILL be located on the maps in the future;

How is this supposed to work? Am I supposed to enter into a raid and then walk to the traider buy my stuff and then "extract" at a random location on the map? Seems pretty game breaking when you can't trade in peace. 

Edited by VentZer0
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, TheWay said:

Face customization: the face itself, haircut, facial hairs;

FINALLY! Throw some new clothing in there and I'll be happy for a good while :scwhistle:

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, TheWay said:

NVGs and thermals will require batteries;

- hey, guys! We have nice NVG in-game system, but anybody use NVG because they are too much expensive and opponents can use gamma correction. What can we do? 
- batteries!

44 minutes ago, TheWay said:

New quests with 10.5;

New quests like another quests like now, or new types of quests? 

• Sad 1

The replay system could be implemented with action cams attached to helmets or straps, so if you get them back through insurance, you could see it. It would be pretty neat

Also, no mention on propoer sensitivity settings for scopes.. :(

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, vitamina said:

The replay system could be implemented with action cams attached to helmets or straps, so if you get them back through insurance, you could see it. It would be pretty neat

Also, no mention on propoer sensitivity settings for scopes.. :(

He did mention that they're planning to put additional work into scope sensitivity after they're done fixing optimization problems with scopes in general. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

same with the free positioning of attachments on their respective planks;

Does this mean we can put foregrips anywhere on the Picatinny rails? It that what "planks" is supposed to mean?

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

Next maps are Lab, Military Base, then Village or Lighthouse;

Lab, nor Military Base nor Village are showing on the current in-game map selection, does this mean there will be more maps than just the ones currently shown in the game?

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

PTS is planned;

What the hell is PTS?

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

The clan system is going to be "non-standard";

Does this mean you will have to buy a more expensive version of the game to be able to use the clan system? Is that what  "non-standard" refers to?

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

They're trying to implement physical manifestation of weapon belts, but it's difficult;

What is a weapon belt? What does it do?

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

Smoke UBGs are coming;

What are smoke UBGs?

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

Planned to remove glitch that allows stuffing of bag inside each other .11;

Yes, finally, that always made me shake my head seeing people do that. So silly.

Edited by RAC-W
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

What the hell is PTS?

It's a "Public Test Server" where the Devs upload the newest stuff there to test it, look at R6:Siege for a good example.

• Thanks 1

vor 48 Minuten schrieb VentZer0:

How is this supposed to work? Am I supposed to enter into a raid and then walk to the traider buy my stuff and then "extract" at a random location on the map? Seems pretty game breaking when you can't trade in peace. 

This is the open world

12 minutes ago, o4zloiroman said:

He did mention that they're planning to put additional work into scope sensitivity after they're done fixing optimization problems with scopes in general. 

I see, did he said any specifics on this matter?

1 hour ago, TheWay said:

• Planned to remove glitch that allows stuffing of bag inside each other .11

Wait how is this a glitch? I have bags inside of bags in my closet. It's not a glitch its completely realistic.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, vinis88 said:

- hey, guys! We have nice NVG in-game system, but anybody use NVG because they are too much expensive and opponents can use gamma correction. What can we do? 
- batteries!

New quests like another quests like now, or new types of quests? 

How do you think NVGs work IRL? Theyre supposed to be expensive and rare, not any PMC can afford one. This is just an added mechanic to make them more realistic.

The quests were doing now are trader quests. I think were gonna get some daily quests at some point after the implementation of Hideout, so yes, new types of quests are gonna come at some point.

Also, the main story line at some point.

14 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

Does this mean we can put foregrips anywhere on the Picatinny rails? It that what "planks" is supposed to mean?

Lab, nor Military Base nor Village are showing on the current in-game map selection, does this mean there will be more maps than just the ones currently shown in the game?

What the hell is PTS?

Does this mean you will have to buy a more expensive version of the game to be able to sure the clan system? Is that what  "non-standard" refers to?

What are smoke UBGs?

Yes, finally, that always made me shake my head seeing people do that. So silly.

Yeah, I think it was mentioned in one of the podcasts, that youre gonna be able to put attachment anywhere on the gun, where theres picatinny rails etc.

I think these maps are kinda smaller ones, maybe you can access these through some other map. An instance inside of an instance.. tarkovception anyone?

PTS is public test server.

I dont think so. BSG has made promises to keep the game from turning in to P2W and the clan system will have many benefits = cant be for EOD users only for example.

If I understood correctly, theyre talking about the belts that one can have on a weapon, to have it supported by your neck. Easier to carry. Also the shell-straps and the like have been suggested and I think BSG is checking it out, if its a viable thing.

UBG is a underbarrel grenade launcher, so smokes from a UBG launcher.

Edited by p4nnus
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

Yes

Yes

What the hell is PTS?

Post Tarkov Shakes (Playable/Public Test Server - where we can test updates and content before it goes live)

13 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

Does this mean you will have to buy a more expensive version of the game to be able to use the clan system? Is that what  "non-standard" refers to?

No, everyone will have access the clan system. Non-standard most likely refers to something more advanced than your standard 'Clan Tag' or Clan XP rewards found in other games. Restricting players because of their Edition is business suicide

14 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

Most likely belts of ammunition for LMG/HMG. Either that or they're referring to slings, which are what we use to fasten our weapons to our body/body armour/rig (delete a appropriate)

15 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

What are smoke UBGs?

Smoke Under Barrel Grenades

15 minutes ago, RAC-W said:

Indeed!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

How do you think NVGs work IRL? Theyre supposed to be expensive and rare, not any PMC can afford one. This is just an added mechanic to make them more realistic.

How do you think gamma correction work IRL? 

ok, maybe I'm losing my last patience and I should give it a rest for a while. I don't just understand blind running to realism. If some mechanics work badly in the game, because the people in the game don't behave as in real life, why stick to it? Seriously, I don't understand. My point is: What about the fact that nvg will require a battery, if nobody uses these goggles? Of course, except for people who have nothing to do with money and dress them for fun ... but that's not what this game is about, right?

Edited by vinis88
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, vinis88 said:

ok, maybe I'm losing my last patience and I should give it a rest for a while. I don't just understand blind running to realism. If some mechanics work badly in the game, because the people in the game don't behave as in real life, why stick to it? Seriously, I don't understand. 

It doesnt. This is a game that aims for realism and NVGs are such an asset that there needs to be some downside to them. This downside is easily obtained by making NVGs have depleting batteries, just like IRL. Why wouldnt they make if work like its supposed to, they already have batteries in the game?

I find your idea of "blind running to realism" quite disrespectful towards BSG tbh. I dont think theyre doing this blindly.

Oh and another edit: I dont really understand what you mean by "If some mechanics work badly....why stick to it?" Could you rephrase and explain pls.

Edited by p4nnus
question
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, CAWA1389 said:

This is the open world

This is a dumb idea. This is how you get trader campers. This is how the entire economy will be useless. And this is how you get a game full of hatchlings and moslings. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, vinis88 said:

ok, maybe I'm losing my last patience and I should give it a rest for a while. I don't just understand blind running to realism. If some mechanics work badly in the game, because the people in the game don't behave as in real life, why stick to it? Seriously, I don't understand. 

I am with you on this vinis88, there are too many armchair Neavy Seal/SAS  "soldiers" on these forums and every one of them is an expert at something....

I think I need a chill pill myself...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

I find your idea of "blind running to realism" quite disrespectful towards BSG tbh. I dont think theyre doing this blindly.

Its not BSG, it all these "experts" on these forums running towards it. And the best part is that BSG aint gona listen to most of the nonsense we read here.