iyhan_spb

Kalashnikov family tree

iyhan_spb
23 часа назад, Schaefer сказал:

Perhaps make another Thread with another Weaponfamily ??

Maybe, but wich one?
I'm not so good in NATO to create such a scheme about their weaponry, and in Russia all the other families are much more simple. I guess there is no need to draw a straight line AS -> VSS -> SR3 -> SR3M :) 

Forien
7 hours ago, iyhan_spb said:

Maybe, but wich one?
I'm not so good in NATO to create such a scheme about their weaponry, and in Russia all the other families are much more simple. I guess there is no need to draw a straight line AS -> VSS -> SR3 -> SR3M :) 

I can help with AR-10 family a little as mentioned before if you want.

iyhan_spb
4 часа назад, Forien сказал:

I can help with AR-10 family a little as mentioned before if you want.

Maybe you should create your own topic? That would be fair! :)

Edited by iyhan_spb

Unwinder
В 16.11.2018 в 21:46, iyhan_spb сказал:

To be honest, I'm already out of ideas.... 

Well, your thread was intended to give better understanding of entire AK family tree and our native AK naming scheme to foreign readers. So what about some graphics puzzles now, something like "identify AK model" to see if our original Russian AK naming got more clear for readers now? Something like that:

identify_ak.png

Forien
3 hours ago, Unwinder said:

Well, your thread was intended to give better understanding of entire AK family tree and our native AK naming scheme to foreign readers. So what about some graphics puzzles now, something like "identify AK model" to see if our original Russian AK naming got more clear for readers now? Something like that:

Spoiler

identify_ak.png

RPK-74
AK-74N
AKMS (missing 45 degree muzzle brake? similar to the one seen on RPK-74 above)
AKS-74
AK-74M

12 hours ago, iyhan_spb said:

Maybe you should create your own topic? That would be fair! :)

I'm not as skilled with making graphics :D 

Unwinder
6 минут назад, Forien сказал:

RPK-74
AK-74N
AKS-74
AK-74M

You've identified 2 of them are correctly, but the rest 3 are different models. 

iyhan_spb
22 минуты назад, Forien сказал:

RPK-74
AK-74N
AKS-74
AK-74M

I bet it is:
RPK(this MAG is in 7.62x39 only) 
AK-74N
AKS
Some unknown stuff. I'm not sure it is even Russian if serial. Or it is just civilian carbine...
AK-101

Edited by iyhan_spb

iyhan_spb
14 минуты назад, Forien сказал:

I'm not as skilled with making graphics :D 

So do I

Unwinder

Correct. The fourth one is early AKS-74, with AKM-styled gas chamber and pistol grip. I've chosen AKS, AKS-74 and AK-101 and placed them next to each other to let people see one interesting thing - you can easily identify AK caliber simply by looking at AK magazine  rounding radius. So you'll never confuse AK-74M with AK-103 or AK-101 if you know where to look at.

Edited by Unwinder

Forien
Just now, Unwinder said:

The fourth one is early AK-74S, with AKM-styled gas chamber and pistol grip. 

So it is AKS-74...

iyhan_spb
13 минуты назад, Forien сказал:

So it is AKS-74...

It is a prototype. That looks like some kind of Siaga carbine ;) Also it has AKM style pistol grip

Take a look:

identify_ak.png.6af503f7b26f1ff52d6e5d3f080ee3a9.png

Edited by iyhan_spb

Unwinder

Not a prototype, some of such intermediate AK-74/AKS-74 were produced in short period of time when Izhmash were still producing AKM and started mass production of AK-74/AKS-74. But they are really rare and were produced till only 1976 AFAIK. If you got that one in your collection - you're extremely lucky.

early_AK.jpg

iyhan_spb
5 минут назад, Unwinder сказал:

Not a prototype, some of such intermediate AK-74/AKS-74 were produced in short period of time when Izhmash were still producing AKM and started mass production of AK-74/AKS-74. But they are really rare and were produced till only 1976 AFAIK. If you got that one in your collection - you're extremely lucky.

I was almost there :)
By the way, here is another tricky question. I wrote that it might be a civilian carbine. How can we figure out that it is 90%+ not a civilian gun? ;) 

Unwinder
3 минуты назад, iyhan_spb сказал:

By the way, here is another tricky question. I wrote that it might be a civilian carbine. How can we figure out that it is 90%+ not a civilian gun? ;) 

Heh, that's easy if you're familiar with AK internals and can see a difference between 2 and 3 :) But let the rest guess :)

iyhan_spb
3 минуты назад, Unwinder сказал:

Heh, that's easy if you're familiar with AK internals and can see a difference between 2 and 3 :) But let the rest guess :)

Yeap :) Let them try)))

alexzzd
On 11/19/2018 at 2:08 PM, iyhan_spb said:

folding stock

iyhan_spb
1 час назад, alexzzd сказал:

folding stock

Why? Saiga-12, Saiga-9 in EFT are both civilian guns and both have folding stock. Trigger lock is not implemented in EFT, but I believe it will be added sooner or later

Check Unwinder's post next to mine. He gave a huge tip. 

alexzzd

2 and 3 for a different cartridge. 7.62x39 has more crooked shops than 5.45x39. We have 5.45 not in civilian traffic up to 2000x

Snork_Svk
23 hours ago, iyhan_spb said:

Check Unwinder's post next to mine. He gave a huge tip. 

Also magazines bring big variety, even when they externally looks really similar.

iyhan_spb
В Wed Dec 05 2018 в 13:40, alexzzd сказал:

2 and 3 for a different cartridge. 7.62x39 has more crooked shops than 5.45x39. We have 5.45 not in civilian traffic up to 2000x

2 and 3 are not gun's numbers on the picture :)

He means Army rifle has three "something", while civilian only two

iyhan_spb

Let us bump this thread up! 

Waht do you think, may be I should add here trees about VSS and 9A91 series? 

tDANKEY

Saw what was written about the AKMSU, and searched it up on Wikipedia, on which it is stated that:

"AKMSU-like firearms can be produced by combining an AKMS receiver with an AKS-74U gas system, front trunnion, and receiver cover."

Being able to do something like this in Tarkov through modding, and when doing it have it show the distinct name when the criteria is met (AKMS reciever, AKS-74U gas system), like when modding M4's into Sopmod II's or LVOA's, or maybe make it so Mechanic sells AKMSU's along the likes of the jankier guns like the Mosin Obrez he sells. Just some food for thought.

iyhan_spb
В 19.11.2018 в 14:01, Unwinder сказал:

Скрытый текст

early_AK.jpg

Hey! Take a look on a video I've just discovered on the VicersTactical channel 🤪

Edited by iyhan_spb

iyhan_spb
В 01.04.2019 в 00:38, tDANKEY сказал:

Saw what was written about the AKMSU, and searched it up on Wikipedia, on which it is stated that:

"AKMSU-like firearms can be produced by combining an AKMS receiver with an AKS-74U gas system, front trunnion, and receiver cover."

Being able to do something like this in Tarkov through modding, and when doing it have it show the distinct name when the criteria is met (AKMS reciever, AKS-74U gas system), like when modding M4's into Sopmod II's or LVOA's, or maybe make it so Mechanic sells AKMSU's along the likes of the jankier guns like the Mosin Obrez he sells. Just some food for thought.

It will extremly hard to make cause IRL barell is pressed into the reciver and it is impossible to take it out. Take a look:

• Like 1

tDANKEY
1 hour ago, iyhan_spb said:

It will extremly hard to make cause IRL barell is pressed into the reciver and it is impossible to take it out. Take a look:

Thanks for follow-up, yeah I never knew that, guess if it were to be added it'd have to be a Mechanic item to make it more sensible.