Blackb1rd

The launcher's update

Escapers!

We are pleased to inform you that we have updated the Escape from Tarkov launcher and made several improvements!

Earlier, in the launcher could be displayed the same news from the official game site, and now the widget of the official Twitter is embedded in it, where news appears more frequently. In addition, not only official videos from our channel on YouTube, but also other high-quality and noteworthy videos will now be shown in the video display unit.

Also now in the launcher will be constantly displayed patchnote of the current patch.

At the moment, a new version of the launcher has not yet appeared for all players, but only for a part - for testing and final verification. Soon the launcher will be updated at all.

EfT_Post_LauncherUPDate_En.jpg

TRANSLATIONS:

• French translation can be found here. Thanks to our Official Community Representative for France @PIG-Mathieu
  • Portuguese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary @REAPERBR
  • Italian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Italian Emissary and Moderator @dinosamir
  • Dutch translation can be found here. Thanks to our Dutch Emissary and GM RPG @Oranje
  • Korean translation can be found here. Thanks to our Korean Emissary @lih2677
  • Arabic translation can be found here. Thanks to our Arabic Emissary and Moderator @SimbaHB
  • Romanian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Romanian community member @j0zeph
  • Japanese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Japan Emissary and Moderator @giraffy
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7
  • Hot 5
  • Upvote 6

31 minutes ago, Blackb1rd said:

Escapers!

We are pleased to inform you that we have updated the Escape from Tarkov launcher and made several improvements!

Earlier, in the launcher could be displayed the same news from the official game site, and now the widget of the official Twitter is embedded in it, where news appears more frequently. In addition, not only official videos from our channel on YouTube, but also other high-quality and noteworthy videos will now be shown in the video display unit.

Also now in the launcher will be constantly displayed patchnote of the current patch.

At the moment, a new version of the launcher has not yet appeared for all players, but only for a part - for testing and final verification. Soon the launcher will be updated at all.

EfT_Post_LauncherUPDate_En.jpg

TRANSLATIONS:

• French translation can be found here. Thanks to our Official Community Representative for France @PIG-Mathieu
  • Portuguese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary @REAPERBR

Any ETA on the update for all?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hostility said:

So the patch gets delayed, but we get a launcher update? Or atleast some of us. RIP priorities.

No sir, it does not work this way. 

Our team is working really hard to get the update done and it will be published as soon as possible, the launcher update did not delay it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

So launcher wipe :soontm:?
I wonder if it's gonna wipe my login and password and imma have to login again
Please let us keep our server choices!

• Cold 1

For all of those of you who would rather see a wipe and an update. Please do consider that should they release sooner rather than later, your expectations would be far more likely not to be met. 

Please don't be anxious to experience disappointment.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hostility said:

So the patch gets delayed, but we get a launcher update? Or atleast some of us. RIP priorities.

cry me a river waa waa baby

Also Romanian translation can be found here.

Part of the bigger change so please while you wait for more info keep playing and improve your skills. It's a inventory wipe not a memory wipe right? :)

Peace all!

45 minutes ago, Hostility said:

Ignorance is bliss :)

• Cold 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Blackb1rd said:

not yet appeared for all players, but only for a part

TFW not part of the part :sccry:

News on the launcher itself has been a highly requested feature and feature wise you have exceeded expectations.
I love to have latest twitter, fresh patch-notes and best value videos featured right there!

Great work BSG!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hostility said:

Because every programmer, modeller, sound designer, and UI designer all do the same thing, right?

(big hint, they don't)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please dont do this. The twitter is a mess, and i dont want to see you guys begging "@jennyan DM" in the launcher

To add to that;

i dont want to see medicore streamers clip montage #43 shoved into my face everytime i boot the game. 

Why is it that every time these guys make what seems to be fundamentally good progress towards the overall goals of the entire project, do y'all whine and try to knock them 2 steps back.  The wipe/flea market/svt-40/mas36/terminal map etc. are all just milestones in their monstrous vision.  We should be celebrating this attempt at progress and each and every successive one (whether it ends in failure or not.)

To improve, they will fail.  They don't beta test for success, they test for the failures.  We should expect failure.  Please be patient, they haven't deserted us and communicate extraordinarily well.  They do miss target dates, and probably should not publicly post them w/o adding a 50% cushion.  But, in their effort to be transparent they usually err in giving us too much information; information, that always bites them in the butt.  I am sure they are not intentionally delaying the patch to antagonize the EFT community. 

My toon plays at 15-20 FPS and I still enjoy playing.  Where else can you get this STALKER feel.  So in the meantime stop wasting time whining and be happy with what we have and, enjoy murdering my 15-20 FPS toon as much as I enjoy getting murdered by yours'.

sry not directed solely at any one person in this topic; its just all the complaining forum/facebook/twitter wide finally got to me and I had to whine a lil'  myself.   I'm out.

rant off

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1