RaZoR_NL

[SOLVED] For people still having the game crash / freeze at startup

RaZoR_NL

I had the same problem with my GTX 1080 and those things didnt work for me either.
Today i fixed my problem with the following setting:

Go to C:\Battlestate Games\EFT and select properties of the EscapeFromTarkov.exe

Go to the compatibility tab and check "disable optimizations for full screen".

Dont run as administrator or change other compatibility settings.

Hope this helps, let me know.

See u in Tarkov !

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Palmgrenanton

I cant find battlestate games, only battlestate launcher. 

EggsBocz

This fixed it for me! It would just freeze and I would have to CTRL-Alt-Del to close it. I'm getting better frames now, too maybe.

Selio

Doesn't work for me... And I have the same problem.. Game freezes after I press PLAY at Launcher!

Pateens

I am also having this same issue. Cant get it to launch

Amp_U

It worked for me after doing what you said i also went to security and selected full access, thanks!

Colrbar

im having the exact same problem, and ive tried the compatibility suggestion here with no change. however I reinstalled the game and it launched perfectly.... but when I came back an hour later to launch after shutting down my pc I got the same crash after launching the game... I have literally been able to play this game for 2 scav runs and a single pmc run. Please help with a solution that works. Also I have all my drivers up to date and game files integrity are perfect.

ElphXIII

@Colrbar Having the same problem here. Tried this and it didnt work for me. Anyone still having this problem i just start task manager close the program, send the report, then relaunch and its fine. I do however have to do this every time i want to play the game which sucks but at least im still able to get some time in

NOOBKIA

The fix didn't work for me either! except for me the game completely locks up my computer and I have to restart the pc. My mouse is moveable but its a blue loading circle and I cant click anything. Ive reinstalled and it still hasn't worked :(

• Upvote 1

TimVeldkamp

I have the exact same problem as NOOBKIA. I have not tried anything yet as the solution does not seem to work for others.

joshrichman88

Same problem it start loading my cursor changes into the circle then it. Stops working entirely can't interact with anything only fix I've found after hours of trying anything is just restarting my computer to be able to use it again. 

• Upvote 1

Kriegshase

I´ve been fighting this game from the moment I bought it. First I got data corruption every 2 hours or so which required me to repair my HDD, and now I have the exact same problem like you guys: Launching the game via the launcher, screen turns black and stays so, task manager shows unresponsiveness and the blue loading circle stops you from doing anything but restarting your computer. The fix mentioned above worked the first time btw, but now 4 hours later it stopped working. Even though this game is in Beta I have never experienced anything like this before. Really disappointing, the game is so fun otherwise.

RicKuRuKuS

I'm having this issue now I just installed on my gaming laptop... is there a solution?

GjERK

For the love of GOD someone send help. Im stuck with playing fortnite ! Fix the launcer !!!

IluvatarUno

Same here.

check "disable optimizations for full screen" don't fix the problem.

at the moment forced close application and retry to launch is the only way.

Laverdure13

Same problem for me, I kinda temporarly fixed it by checking installation each time I launch my computer. Go to the settings tab of the launcher and select your directory for tarkov exe, It should launch a scanning of installation files (check the the percentage in the game tab of the launcher, it usualy take few minutes). Tell me if it does work with you...