Concern about voice chat

CRAZZY1

so i know there is gonna be a voice chat added to the game but when its added i think only people in ur team that u joined with and scavs shold be able to hear u if you are a scav because if not its proably gonna get toxic so fast and people just shouting shitty overused memes all over the place in factory so it would take all the immersion and all the sound listening  so when u add please keep that in mind thanks

• Like 1

I think they'll add a whisper to radio option, if you have the item. But, I don't think it's realistic to have only your teamates hear you. Plus, the chirps you'll hear will happen - I mean, we are trying to kill each other. In retrospect, if the VOIP has directional sound, then it will reveal their position. However, when a person dies - thats the only way of shutting them up lol.

Edited by DragunovCrux

EDIT: Like, once the rpk comes in, and material physics for penetration comes in (eg. thin sheet metal won't save your life from bullets), let them meme. As you use your ears to shoot through things as they die. :)

23 minutes ago, CRAZZY1 said:

eh still i wouldnt really like people going around screaming really offsensive stuff and u kno turning  to generic toxic comunity

I would say that is just "the name of the game."  I would think that in any game with violence, then you would have the accept that some would be toxic. Your best option would be to shoot them - and if are going for realism and immersion - I would guess everyone would be as or just as toxic. Again, you are both trying to kill each other, and the concept of chivalry and honour is antiquated in the EFT situation.  A proxy war, some people in for profit of a high paying security job, others with national interests, and other trying to just make it out alive.

You are going to hear all of that; and I would say that is realistic. People are going to yell, scream, do whatever they can to mess with your mind, to beat or, or just as they die. I would say - that does make sense for realism. And people would yell whatever profanity and relevance at the time. If that is a meme - well, that is the last words they will say LOL.

Edited by DragunovCrux
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, CRAZZY1 said:

eh still i wouldnt really like people going around screaming really offsensive stuff and u kno turning  to generic toxic comunity

i guess you can mute it and lose the advantage of hearing mr 90's hard eurobass guy (you know their will one one at least) coming from miles away :P

It's a concern but i would think that most people who want a gameplay advantage will keep using discord for team chat for the simple reason it cannot be overheard. 

The community is toxic as it is now it's just that you cannot hear the screams of "hacker" and "reeeeeeeeeee" right now. I guess you could get used to it before its implemented by recording some of the those sounds and playing them back whenever you get closer than 30 yards to recreate the joy of having a virtual duel with some 16 year old with a vocab that would make most sailors blush who likes to run the mic on voice detection so you get all the background swearing and weird sounds they make as a soundtrack to your encounter.

i'm just going to put all my hopes and dreams and trust into the devs to make an efficient, competent voice chat system that fits into the game so i can seamlessly converse with friends during raids.