Boki_bg

I am sick of this

Boki_bg

Okay, i am really pissed and I think that its not fair! I am not a new player, currently at 41lvl, this is going to be my 4th wipe, but... Everything was okay until BSG put Mosin riffle in the game with that silly price. I literally enter the raid with 1M worth gear (fastMT, Fort, completely modded M1a, etc.) and then there is a guy who comes with 30k Mosin rifle and nothing else and he one tap me?! Whats the point?! Should we all buy just Mosins and just play with it since its the best gun in the game? Happened to me 100x times that i shoot the guy in the head, i see blood and everything and he survives that, but i CAN NOT survive one tap with Mosin?! You want to tell me that II world war gun is better than the gun for 2018?!

The thing that worries me the most is how is going to be after the wipe. Everybody are going to run only with Mosins right and thats it?! Two solutions: Increase the price drastically for the Mosin, or decrease the damage that it does. 

And please do not tell me, you should also play with Mosin then, no i am not going to that because i am not going to support Mosin gun, since its just stupid to lose 1M rub with just one tap with the gun which is 80 years old. It makes no sense to go geared in the raid for me! 

• Sad 12

Lyricist
1 minute ago, Boki_bg said:

Okay, i am really pissed and I think that its not fair! I am not a new player, currently at 41lvl, this is going to be my 4th wipe, but... Everything was okay until BSG put Mosin riffle in the game with that silly price. I literally enter the raid with 1M worth gear (fastMT, Fort, completely modded M1a, etc.) and then there is a guy who comes with 30k Mosin rifle and nothing else and he one tap me?! Whats the point?! Should we all buy just Mosins and just play with it since its the best gun in the game? Happened to me 100x times that i shoot the guy in the head, i see blood and everything and he survives that, but i CAN NOT survive one tap with Mosin?! You want to tell me that II world war gun is better than the gun for 2018?!

The thing that worries me the most is how is going to be after the wipe. Everybody are going to run only with Mosins right and thats it?! Two solutions: Increase the price drastically for the Mosin, or decrease the damage that it does. 

And please do not tell me, you should also play with Mosin then, no i am not going to that because i am not going to support Mosin gun, since its just stupid to lose 1M rub with just one tap with the gun which is 80 years old. It makes no sense to go geared in the raid for me! 

Mosin meta is a lie. unknown.png

• Like 3

Boki_bg
1 minute ago, Lyricist said:

Mosin meta is a lie. unknown.png

I dont understand what do you want to say. SV98 is modern sniper weapon. It was introduced in service in 2003 as a replacement for Dragunov sniper and its normal to kill someone with one shot, but that shouldn't be the case with Mosin. 

LenzOA
3 minutes ago, Boki_bg said:

I dont understand what do you want to say. SV98 is modern sniper weapon. It was introduced in service in 2003 as a replacement for Dragunov sniper and its normal to kill someone with one shot, but that shouldn't be the case with Mosin. 

same ammo, almost same bullet drop.

• Upvote 1

Boki_bg
Just now, LenzOA said:

same ammo, almost same bullet drop.

I agree, but that shouldn't be the case because as i said in my previous post it shouldn't even be possible to compare the weapon from WW2 and the weapon from early 2000s. If these are the same weapons then every army in the world will still have Mosin rifle as their primary sniper weapon.

ivantherussian
11 minutes ago, Boki_bg said:

hold on, were you the guy at woods that i one tapped on the other side of that rock with my ak103 after you flashed me? You had a awesome m1a btw, maybe it was you because it happend 10 minutes ago too. I died tho after i killed you if that was you?

Lyricist

It's a joke. Also why shouldn't it be the case? Different platforms, same ammunition. A stock AKM or Vepr using the BP's is dirt cheap, but you can still one tap someone through the visor. Should we light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks for that too?

• Like 4

LenzOA
Just now, Boki_bg said:

I agree, but that shouldn't be the case because as i said in my previous post it shouldn't even be possible to compare the weapon from WW2 and the weapon from early 2000s. If these are the same weapons then every army in the world will still have Mosin rifle as their primary sniper weapon.

some of the action bolt rifles that are used today use the same mechanic guns use for 100 years. if you have the right caliber you can use this ammo if the weapon is cape able to fire it. so its legit.

Boki_bg
Just now, LenzOA said:

some of the action bolt rifles that are used today use the same mechanic guns use for 100 years. if you have the right caliber you can use this ammo if the weapon is cape able to fire it. so its legit.

Same mechanics dont mean same damage. I am not going to be convinced that there is no difference between DVL and Mosin for example. 

And on the other hand, for the purpose of the game it shouldn't be the case that guy with 30k gear kills me, and i have 1M gear. Whats the point of going in geared then? Of course that we are all here for realistic shooter, and i dont want to have health like PUBG and that i have to be shot for 15 times to go down, but also i dont want to be killed with the guy with minimal gear which you can buy at lvl1 trader!

Lyricist
1 minute ago, LenzOA said:

SVD Dragunov was mass produced since '63 and SV-98 is a "modern sniper rifle" with a laminated plywood body/stock. Ayylmao modern sniper rifles. By modern standards, they're all pretty meh, the only common thing between these rifles is the 7.62x54 rounds that you fire from them. 

You better pray that the devs don't bring in Kar98's into the game, because those Mauser 7.92's are gonna bring more salt than my popcorn and fries can handle.

• Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

LenzOA

Same mechanics dont mean same damage. I am not going to be convinced that there is no difference between DVL and Mosin for example. 

And on the other hand, for the purpose of the game it shouldn't be the case that guy with 30k gear kills me, and i have 1M gear. Whats the point of going in geared then? Of course that we are all here for realistic shooter, and i dont want to have health like PUBG and that i have to be shot for 15 times to go down, but also i dont want to be killed with the guy with minimal gear which you can buy at lvl1 trader!

yes, for the purpose of the gameplay it should be balanced.  also i guess a mosin is worth more than that in rl. then again all the pistols should be more expensive....

just take it as it is.

KugelFanger
10 minutes ago, Boki_bg said:

you do know that the sv98 fire's the same round right?? why should a sv98 kill you in one shot, and not the mosin.

The reason they upgrade a weapon is because new material's make a weapon (like the sv98) lighter, more reliable ect. But the same bullet is loaded so you do basically the same damage.

i told this to a million people and i will also tell it to you:   Gear will give you a slight edge, it will not garantuee the win. Tarkov is not a arcade shooter like COD or BF.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Boki_bg
47 minutes ago, KugelFanger said:

you do know that the sv98 fire's the same round right?? why should a sv98 kill you in one shot, and not the mosin.

The reason they upgrade a weapon is because new material's make a weapon (like the sv98) lighter, more reliable ect. But the same bullet is loaded so you do basically the same damage.

i told this to a million people and i will also tell it to you:   Gear will give you a slight edge, it will not garantuee the win. Tarkov is not a arcade shooter like COD or BF.

Of course its not arcade shooter and its not like COD or BF and i dont want it to be. I am just saying that in my opinion its not okay that 30k guy kills a guy one shot who has 1M on himself. 

And if SV98 is same as Mosin, why then SV98 is priced 56k and mosin is 26k? SV98 is lvl3 prapor and Mosin is lvl1 prapor. So my question is whats the point of buying lvl3 weapon at prapor if its the same as lvl1 prapor?

Put Mosin at lvl3 prapor with the price of 50k and i will be happy.

tobiassolem
4 minutes ago, Boki_bg said:

not okay that 30k guy kills a guy one shot who has 1M on himself. 

Here's your mistake right there.

Thinking that gear is the deciding factor.

Or that how much you pay should decide if you die or not.

An individual that keeps moving, has heavy gear (Altyn, Fort, FN_FAL etc.) certainly has a lot of tools that are advantageous compared to "Mosin man with nothing". But in no way will these advantages compensate for lack of proper tactics or reaction/aim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

stbadreturns
1 hour ago, Boki_bg said:

stop bringing in 1m+ in gear? if u cant win? im a newb so just a friendly observation.

KugelFanger
28 minutes ago, Boki_bg said:

Of course its not arcade shooter and its not like COD or BF and i dont want it to be. I am just saying that in my opinion its not okay that 30k guy kills a guy one shot who has 1M on himself. 

And if SV98 is same as Mosin, why then SV98 is priced 56k and mosin is 26k? SV98 is lvl3 prapor and Mosin is lvl1 prapor. So my question is whats the point of buying lvl3 weapon at prapor if its the same as lvl1 prapor?

Put Mosin at lvl3 prapor with the price of 50k and i will be happy.

Nope Nope Nope, i am not saying that the mosin is the same as a SV98.

Let me explain.
A mosin is almost 80 years old, so lots of parts on the gun it self are not up to today's standard anymore.

1) A mosin uses a wooden stock, a SV98 fiberglass (wich is lighter and more comfortable to the shooter)
2) I am pretty sure the SV98 is way more accurate due to tighter tollerances on the barrel, the mosin had crap accuracy (hence it is also called the garbage rod)
3) A SV98 is magazine loaded, where a mosin is clipfed wich would usually hang (or in tarkov single bullets at the time). loading a new magazine is way faster than loading singel bullets.
4) A SV98 uses a standardized rail wich take's most optics (granted that the new mods for the mosin will also give you this option, but then the price will also go up, you have to another stock + the rail that takes the optic). A mosin in it's standard configuration will only give you the option to mount a PU scope.

i can think of more reasons, but i don't wanna keep typing

All of these reasons are why the SV98 is a superior rifle compared to the Mosin (and more expensive), but at the same time it does not take away that they both rock the same cartidge. Get hit by either of these rifle's and you will recieve pretty much the same damage. at the end of the day you get hit by the bullet, and not the weapon.

realism ALSO means that: the mosin is a cheap weapon wich hits like a truck. If you want to walk around in armor tanking multiple mosin shots you my friend don't want realism, but a game that is more like COD or BF.

Edit: i just would like to add that in tarkov NO-ONE should be safe, yes armor needs to give you a slight advantage but should not guarantee a win. And i feel like that is what you are asking, that is not what EFT is about.

Edited by KugelFanger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

wfl
1 hour ago, Boki_bg said:

You dont get hit with the gun, you get hit with the bullit...

you are right though there is no point in running the sv98 (only if you persist in using a specific scope). But I can’t see the problem related to you getting one tapped with the mosin. 

If you dont think the gear is worth it, just dont use it. If you dont think the gear is worth it but you just like playing geared, go ahead. Cant see the problem. 

Questenberg

I'm more sick of people complaining about a commonly available 100 year old rifle design being commonly available in a game that was created to be as realistic as possible.

Mosin at tier 1 is perfectly fine.  Don't like it, adapt or keep dying because they'll be sure to throw in even more bolt action rifles, maybe even high-caliber single shots or lever guns to boot.

Edited by Questenberg
  • Like 1

Boki_bg

Okay, i see there is no point in discussing this. We should all agree that we dont agree and thats it.

Skyzed
2 hours ago, Boki_bg said:

Mosin doesn't one tap anything,except headshot on unarmored player

• Sad 1

Questenberg

What's even worse about this thread is that there are actually people thinking Mosins should be hard to obtain.

Go to any US gunshop and you can order one in for $120.  They're common as hell in the US, and the idea that they should be harder to obtain in this game, based in Russia, is laughable.  Hatchlings finally have access to something that makes the dudes running around with silenced M4s shiver, and the first thing the geared up pros want to do is call for a gun ban.

Laughable.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

xXErenJaegerXx

Why are you complaining lol, the only way he can kill you is by shooting you in the head for the one shot, and usually from a distance, it's not that easy. You have the luxury of dumping your mag into him and killing him within 1 to 2 shots in the chest, if he misses the first shot in close quarters he's 99% dead. The most a helmet will stop is pistols rounds, it's not there to make you invincible, it's there to make to make sure you don't get one tapped by a scav or pmc with 9mm or buckshot. Maybe don't spend a million on a single kit? I've always had more fun going in with a cheap or at least decent load out rather than coming up with ways on how to lose the most amount of money in a single raid. Either way, why is it so difficult to just accept the fact that he outplayed you? I guarantee you that ANY rifle in the game will 1 shot through helmets given the ammo isn't poo, so why trash on the mosin just because it's a few grand cheaper? Are you also going to complain about getting one shot by a well placed sks or vepr headshot? Those guns are infinitely better in comparison to mosin for a few extra grand and you can get both from skier lvl 1 if I'm not wrong.

Tower21

You are now aware that the mosin doesn't one shot most of the time unless it's a head shot. Nor does DVL or SV-98.

You got hit in the noggin or fragged.

Either A you were standing still for far to long, or were an easy target (long line of sight, not paying attention ect ect) 

Or B: You are really unlucky.

Sincerly : A guy who's been rocking snipers since .7

Now as for your rant about the SV-98 vs the Mosin.

While the SV-98 is a much more modern rifle at their core they are nearly the same rifle.

Both rifles fire 7.62x54r.
Both are bolt rifles
Both can accept Optics
And both can be very accurate rifles in the correct hands.

Most people's experience with the Mosin nagant is with war-time production rifles and bulk ammunition leading to the general thought
that the mosin is trash. (That combination of factors certainly is) 

The largest difference is accuracy.  A good Mosin nagant can print a readily repeatable 2 MOA group.  While the SV-98 is supposed to be closer to 1 or less MOA. 

At the Ranges in which we typically engage targets in tarkov this is a non issue for the Mosin seeking head shots, as even at 300M the rifle would only print a 6" group, Human heads are a bit bigger than that.  

Do I think the mosin is a bit unbalanced? Yeah.  But I think the issue can be solved by doing something simple in theory.

Introducing an accuracy modifier to ammunition.  LPS ammo (as I understand it) is supposed to be light ball surplus. Which is literally garbage in terms of consistency from everything from powder charge to projectile.  Making the mosin take a hit in accuracy for using LSP would limit it's effectiveness for low levels but still offer them a solid chance against higher leveled players while not completely killing the weapon As 7n1 and SNB can be found in raid offering low-mid level players an excellent weapon.

This accuracy modifier could be moved to any number of rounds as well changing the play styles for rounds and such.

Most players might not notice a difference, but as someone who typically engages his targets at 200+ meters. I'd notice.

2018-11-04[17-08] (0).png

Boki_bg
7 minutes ago, Questenberg said:

What's even worse about this thread is that there are actually people thinking Mosins should be hard to obtain.

Go to any US gunshop and you can order one in for $120.  They're common as hell in the US, and the idea that they should be harder to obtain in this game, based in Russia, is laughable.  Hatchlings finally have access to something that makes the dudes running around with silenced M4s shiver, and the first thing the geared up pros want to do is call for a gun ban.

Laughable.

Have you ever been to Russia? Are you from Europe? I dont think so, since you are comparing USA with Russia. I am not sure why you have so toxic attitude. Hatchling can buy pistols, veprs, etc but not sniper riffle. 

And i dont see the point of writing "Laughable". If we are not agreeing on something thats laughable?!

Questenberg
20 minutes ago, Boki_bg said:

Have you ever been to Russia? Are you from Europe? I dont think so, since you are comparing USA with Russia. I am not sure why you have so toxic attitude. Hatchling can buy pistols, veprs, etc but not sniper riffle. 

And i dont see the point of writing "Laughable". If we are not agreeing on something thats laughable?!

Do you have any idea how many Mosin-Nagant rifles were made?  Well over 30 million.  Yet here you are, trying to use my home country as some sort of disqualifying factor, when the entire point is - we didn't even make Mosins, yet we've got hundreds of thousands of them here in open circulation FOR CHEAP.  What do you think their availability is in Russia? Ukraine? Belarus? Poland?  They're even more common there, in the areas near where Tarkov is based.  Yet you're arguing that this gun, that I can buy for $130, should be exorbitantly priced because you've gotten killed by it a few times.

The toxic one here isn't me, it's the guy that loads himself down in the most expensive gear getting his feelings hurt over being shot by some newbie with a high-powered rifle that probably just got lucky for once.  That is laughable.

Edited by Questenberg
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4