Bojan0302

21:9 Problems

When in the trading screen the screen appears to be zoomed in, I can only see a few rows of items? This wasn't happening pre-patch and I know that the patch notes said that 21:9 is now supported. Also the FOV doesn't change even after I change it in the settings? Is there a fix for this, or am I doing sth wrong? I'm playing on 3440x1440 resolution and in aspect ratio settings I selected 3440:1440 because there is no 21:9 option so my guess is that is 21:9.

• Upvote 4

21:9 is so bad i cant even play, it nearly makes me sick, the trader is so zoomed in and FOV doesnt work at all, please revert 21:9 how it was before, it worked just fine before the patch.

This is a Major Problem, please make it a priority.

At the moment i have to play 16:9 in windowed and my PC doesnt like the performance draw and Im running 8700k, 32gbram, 1080ti

Edited by LTSanta
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've found a workaround for the game. The trader menus are still squished.

In the graphics settings, there is a new aspect ratio for 3440x1440. Mine was 4:3 and I swapped it to 25:16, then saved, then 3440x1440. Try this and see if ingame looks fine to you.

can confirm the FOV slider doesn't work. and noticed that setting the slider to 50 actually slows my character movement and running!? what the in the actual hell? NANI !?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bojan0302 said:

tiger did it fix the FOV slider? can you adjust the FOV now?

Mine did, but after I did the aspect ratio I maxed out the FOV, went in, alt+f4, went back to settings and set it to 65, then reconnected. I'm trying to think of the cause..

submitted a bug report earlier, got this reply:

Escape from Tarkov Support Today at 18:45

Hello Bojan!

Game does not fully support very high resolutions yet. You shouldn't experience this problem on 2650x1600 or lower resolutions.

Thank you for contacting us!
If we answered your questions, please close this request and rate our support fighter’s job.
Respectfully yours, the Escape from Tarkov support service.

• Upvote 1

that didnt help at all and in the patch njotes its said support for 21:9, just revert it to how it was, easy.

I have to put the game on hold, im getting motion sickness and ive never got that from playing a game before

Edited by LTSanta
  • Like 1

I do know if it screws up your aspect ratio in game you can select 3440-1440 option and it corrects itself for me at least 

but still  I have not found a solution for the traders menu atm.

26 minutes ago, Highlen said:

I do know if it screws up your aspect ratio in game you can select 3440-1440 option and it corrects itself for me at least 

but still  I have not found a solution for the traders menu atm.

Yes, same for me. In game, it will display correctly. Just not in the traders menu.

54 minutes ago, Bojan0302 said:

on 2560x1440 you mean?

It works for me on 3440x1440, but only if I load into the map first, then change the aspect ratio to 3440:1440. Otherwise its on the wrong aspect ratio and is stretched.

Add another one to the list of 3440x1440 resolution issues. Please fix this or revert to the old settings. Good thing I can't play for four days anyway. Vacation. Hope it is fixed very soon though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1