Aussieeeee

Scavs are just ridiculous. - Poll Inside

Scav Poll - Have your Say, Let's give the Devs some figures.  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Scavs

• They are Fine
    • They need a Large nerf ( 10.0 Patch level )
    • They need a moderate nerf
    • They need a small nerf

Aussieeeee

Theses new scavs have taken out the entire fun of the game, looting and killing players. >:(
 If I wanted to fight against Overpowered, Laser sighted AI that I couldn't manage to defeat I would jump on any Single player game and put the difficulty upto extreme, tie one hand behind my back and play the game with my toes. :ph34r:

I have been playing Tarkov for about 1 year now with pretty good success and have been playing Hardcore shooters for years over 4000+ hours in Arma 3, 3k of them in survival mods like Day Z. But I just can't get a hold on these Scavs, no matter how much re-positioning or sneak tactics applied, if you don't land that first perfect head shot at 100m+ its game over. Their first shot hits you every time, without fail usually breaking a limb, applying the pain fuzz and then proceed to either nade or push you, without any fear. I am not a salty player I love the hardcore aspect, the rush you get in a good firefight and when you get tapped in the head well, Gear is Gear go find more. So this isn't one of "those" posts.

Now as far as I understand Scavs are meant to be Armed Civilians, Looters, Not Ex SAS agents with Bionic eyes with a 4x magnification and thermal imaging ?  O.o
The only trained Goons are Scav boss and his Hexagonal Table of minions, Who are easy to kill than regular scavs atm, just FYI
It is easier to kill 2-3 geared players atm than to kill a Scav or two. 

I was just at the SE spawn of Interchange for the 3rd time and couldn't even get to the ramp, Scavs in Bushes with Thermal vision. Tiny cracks in cars, Peakholes so to speak lit up from 50-100m with shots slipping straight through them, most the guns are iron sighted so WTF There BSG?

Scav Nerf should have been one of the hot fixes. Other than a few BSG fanboys who would defend you even if you told them to jump off a bridge I feel I can speak for a large majority of players to say enough is enough with these Scavs.

I love the new mechanics and way of thinking the AI have, It makes them less of potatoes, But their aim, decision making speed, vision, ability to eat bullets is just far overdone. It is almost as if you didn't test these bots against a collection of player levels? 

If these Scavs are here to stay I will be very dissapointed with the Battle state team, along with the majority of the players in the community I am in.
You are cutting your own throats so to speak by not listening to your community, I wont be sticking around if this is where the game is headed.
You have a new patch, an opportunity now to hold onto a hyped player base, listen to your community.

Edited by Aussieeeee
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Beginner314

I think the hardness of the SCAVs would be good I guess. They are just too buggy at the moment.

Edited by Beginner314
  • Like 2

SkyCloud

They are like bulletsponges right now

Ikor

Scav AI needs bugfixing not nerfing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

njdaemon

1. takes 15 PRS 7.62 rounds to put an unarmored scav down - that's too much

2. scavs are still like magneto, controlling buck shots to go for your legs and break bones - leg meta still exists

3. their spotting did improve

4. their response is slower from what i've seen so far

they just need minor tweaks, not complaining

PardTheTroll

What @Beginner314 said. They are fine. For scavs that is. I kinda expect/hope for more challenge from PMC NPCs, of which the first iteration comes with the new Lab map. 

But don't take it the wrong way. They need to be more "stable". I rarely have a problem killing them. But it is annoying, when ...

• they survive 2-3 shots to the head.
    • This could also be, because the rendering distances of gear on people is kinda bad. Lets hope the big optimization patch drops as soon as possible. (Also hype for graphical overhaul!) 
  • they start running or lie down when I just pulled the trigger. Basically before the projectile leaves the barrel. :D
  • they (mostly Scav boss and his men) do a 360 no scope on you.
  • scav guards tank a whole mag before falling down. 
    • Here I am not sure if it is because of their gear and my bad ammunition choice or because they have increased health pool.

Edited by PardTheTroll

Enderhawk

They see through bushes and high grass, its annyoing like hell.

You take a peak over the hill, but there is a grass, the moment you see scav over the grass, he can see you from belt up.

Another one - lvl 3 armor/helmet sometimes makes them miss you all the time, sometimes they one tap you. 50/50

Did I mention they have BP ammo?

They are untrained scavs, main danger should be them giving away your position. And kill hatchet runners.

Edited by Enderhawk

BESK
5 hours ago, Aussieeeee said:

Scav Nerf should have been one of the hot fixes. Other than a few BSG fanboys who would defend you even if you told them to jump off a bridge I feel I can speak for a large majority of players to say enough is enough with these Scavs.

Ha Ha, so true. I totally agree!

TheHappyMile

Scav's being bulletspronges are bugs (hitreg, what ever - guess they are not designed with double-health...).

If they are fine when dieing "normal", then there's no need for a nerv.

Edited by TheHappyMile

middlefingerSKS

the only thing that i could see improvment on is the randomly spawning of them around you when you've already ran into an area. i think they should instead only spawn behind openable doors or have to spawn away from where players are and trudge along in and initiate contact or a patrol route