Beginner314

Suddenly cannot shoot anymore

Beginner314

In the beginning of 10.5 (and also 10.6) I sometimes had trouble to interact (reload, shoot, discard items, etc.) in the beginning of  the raid for about 20-30 seconds.

I thought OK, maybe the server needs to sync up or something like that.

But yesterday I was in a raid, shot some SCAVS, etc.  everything was fine. Then we met this SCAV-Player who shot my friend. As he was looting my friend I tried to head-shot him but I was suddenly unable to shot!

Neither pistol nor VEPR-136 did work (correct ammo was inside! It worked before in the same raid). I could do all animations like ctrl+t, shift+t, etc. but I could not reload and could not shoot.

Did I miss something or is this a new bug?

Just interested if other people experienced the same thing.

Edited by Beginner314

burlhurlbutt

Had the same thing happen first day of the patch. Only thing that fixed it was force closing the game and rejoining the raid.

TalRasha

Was not able to shoot either, wtf. Vityaz was working game ago. I tried to reload, unload, drop and pick gun, check chamber, check magazine. But I cant shoot. So I left game and friend dumped my things. Scavs were acting weird as well...

Imagine this is going to happen in a firefight not against a scav at night.

avanger4

it just appen to me in scav mode i ad a geard guy lined up for the kill but my gun did not shoot

Vodor

Is this like a tarkov dream? Where your legs get stuck and you can’t run from the bad stuff?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

MoistyCAM

This happens to me every game now. Its unplayable for me. 

Talventuoja

I had same couple times, I can heal, check magazine etc. but not shoot, some times this happened while I was shootin and suddenly my gun jus stopped to sycle, I switched to side arm and it didn't fire, then pistol and same problen, switched back to main gun and suddenly it started to work like nothing happened, same with other weapons, I had cold ring under my ass when raiders and players was pushing me at that time.

JCglitchmaster

So I had this issue and I think I found the culprit. For some reason the game will randomly lock the ALT button in (if you open up your inventory and double click any item so the context box pops up it will come up in the bottom right saying "no space to equip item" or something similar like when you try quick equip something when you have no room). This somehow is locking up firearms like it is trying to execute a different hidden button combo on ALT+left click. I say this bcause if you switch to your melee weapon during this bug you can still use it with both the left and right click. If you spam alt it will sometimes fix the issue. Just spam alt and cntrl until you no longer get the popup saying you cannot equip something upon double clicking any item.

I do not know what causes this and have only ever had it happen to me twice this patch but this should work. It's also possible rebinding a button causes this issue so you should have a look over your controls.

Hamm

imagine a survival shooter and not being able to shoot. lollllllllll

Laz-R

AGAIN!!! I was on customs, i want to shoot near extraction and impossible to shoot with as val full loaded!!!! AND DEAD!!!! poo i lost Defender, Asvall, SP6 x 150, airframe with face shield.... poo!!!!!!!

mattix

I found a workaround. Bind fire to a keyboard key, but that doesn't always work, so I bound left mouse button to a keyboard key using logitech gaming software that almost always works.

Hamm

a survival shooter where you cant shoot...seems realistic....loooool

seraph9x

So both me and my buddy had this same issue last night. Does this game use dedicated servers? It seems to happen to me more when I play with him specifically, not sure how the netcode works or whatever.

Did anyone else figure out a fix for this? Pretty much makes the game unplayable when I can't fire my weapon. Sucks too because I just bought the EoD upgrade.

sealteamfish
On 4/27/2019 at 2:17 AM, seraph9x said:

So both me and my buddy had this same issue last night. Does this game use dedicated servers? It seems to happen to me more when I play with him specifically, not sure how the netcode works or whatever.

Did anyone else figure out a fix for this? Pretty much makes the game unplayable when I can't fire my weapon. Sucks too because I just bought the EoD upgrade.

same here RIP 300k i had in gear...

SgtOpt

Has happened to me 2 times this patch.  I've found no fix. :(

chatterer

Same for me, 2 times since yesterday...

chatterer

Still no Fix...😡

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: If this is still an issue for you, then please report through the launcher. Do not bump posts this old.