Sign in to follow this  
JordanCassese

Scavs are BROKEN

JordanCassese

What the hell did you guys do with the scavs... I am getting one tapped by Saigas from 55+ meters but when they are up close and all in my face they miss every single shot. Also I am experiencing incorrect hit counts on my death screen. I don't know if theres some sort of desync going around but there have been multiple instances where I unload a 20 round SKS mag into a scav and he will end up shotgunning me and killing me, yet on my death screen, my hitcounts are always incorrect. If I am point blank shooting at a scav, and empty my 20 round magazine into a scav... my hit count should not be FIVE... I don't know whats going on but I am convinced shotgun scavs are actually broken. I don't know if this is a known issue. All I can say is that a year into this game and patch days are still introducing more bugs than the previous. I have had the game for an entire year... and the scavs are still being changed every. single. ducking. patch. I don't know how to code or how to make video games but just fix them already like how hard can it be.

PS. dont tell me I'm probably lagging because I have my ping up on my screen so I can tell when I am lagging or not. 30 ping is more than enough to tell when the game is being fucky or if it's my connection.

I ALSO understand that this game is still EARLY ACCESS and I should "READ WHAT I PAY FOR" but come on it's been a YEAR and bugs like this are still active today... I just wanna play the game like everyone else but it's hard when the devs keep making it worse.

Edited by JordanCassese
  • Upvote 1

HumaDracobane

Everytime the game suffer a mayor change the scavs are a bit broken, nothing new under the Sun.

The only thing I can complain about is how many hits you need to take down an Scav. I'm currently trying the DeadlySlob's Operators Challenge ( Only joining raids with western equipment) and in many cases I had and have to put 5-6 shots on the Scav's chest with a 9mm in order to take him, which is absurd.

glitchModule
15 hours ago, JordanCassese said:

All I can say is that a year into this game and patch days are still introducing more bugs than the previous. I have had the game for an entire year... and the scavs are still being changed every. single. ducking. patch. I don't know how to code or how to make video games but just fix them already like how hard can it be.

PS. dont tell me I'm probably lagging because I have my ping up on my screen so I can tell when I am lagging or not.

it's been a YEAR and bugs like this are still active today...

Unfortunately it is extremely difficult to "fix" things when it comes to video games. A piece of code here is tied to a function over there, and changing something often introduces other issues...then you run into scaling issues where it'll run fine in house, with like maybe a dozen computers running on the same network, but when you apply it to the full population other bugs crop up.

Another note, you can measure your ping to the server but what about the server's ping to you? Latency is a two-way street, and other things, such as server load can cause stuttering as your client is waiting for response from the server.

Measuring ping is basically seeing how long it takes to get an ACK packet back (acknowledged) but the response follows and could take longer than a simple ACK.

If it were so easy to "just fix it" it would've been fixed already...it's not that they aren't trying, it's that in coding you often run into a one step forward, two steps back situation. Any time a change comes in it's going to create shiny new issues with it.

Not to detract from your complaint however, the scavs have been nuts lately, but earlier today (after the latest hotfix) they seemed to have become less godlike, while still doing the new path finding and engaging that they implemented (more cover and flanking i.e.)

Just take a couple deep breaths bud...it'll get better...it'll get worse...just keep on keeping on, and in the long run it'll work out (hopefully). The vision for the game is mighty ambitious, and honestly a year isn't much...most games are in development for 4-6 years with a massive studio with tens of millions of dollars to play with. Those are much less complex, and generally take advantage of well documented methods, and are more or less cookie cutter...when you're doing something new from scratch you're going to run into a lot of problems but in the end you'll know a hundred ways to NOT make a lightbulb before you finally find the one that works...