Jump to content

What were the devs thinking?


Will36

Recommended Posts

I get it BSG, you are small and fairly unexperienced company and you constantly make mistakes like everyone else but to some degree i am able to ignore them (and you can clearly see that i trust you that your game will be great at the end as i bought EoD)

But really have you even thought about recent changes? Limited trader stock was always, but now with Flea Market AND 3 hours restock it is even worse. Flea Market wasnt meant to replace traders holy crap! When i grind those levels i want to have stuff i grinded for accessible for trader prices and not for some random dude overpriced "offer"

It is nice to be able to buy stuff i dont have access to yet, quest items or barter stuff BUT when i unlock the trader level i should be able to buy everything i grinded for without someone buying all the stock using macro in 1 second (which you did nothing about btw for several wipes and are still very much present in the game) and then instantly putting it on Flea Market for 300% of standard price. I am NOT gonna buy BP ammo for 400 rubles piece so i can stay competetive, id rather just uninstall the game as it is simply not worth the effort to grind anymore only to be shot in the foot by devs themselves and their changes along with 1% of community that is destroying market.

 

Which brings me to the next point. Peacekeeper 0.30 rep for level 3. Once again, have you even played your game? There is no way to get 0.30 rep at level 18, hell most people i play with it usually complete Friend from the West around 25-30 level. Not to mention the terrible spit in the face of EoD owners as their 0.20 "bonus" is even more useless than before.

 

PS: To the guy who keeps posting that copypasta about "future" state of the game whom sports name of some bird, eagle or something, dont bother posting.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi

Do you actually have a question, or is this post just a rant?

Because if it's the later it was posted in the wrong section and will need to be moved.

Long story short, they are only sticking with what they have planned and announced for years now. Traders were never meant to stay as they were. They were always going to change and restocks were going to stop being a sure thing.

This isn't even all the planned changes. Please don't think the final product is meant to be like what we currently have access to. They even tell you it won't be in the main menu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am aware this is not the final version and given how quickly developement is going we still have few years to go. But that doesnt means that i will be silent when i see that devs just made a huge mistake. Another one when it comes to this. Same goes to pricing of weapons and gear for looooong time, they need to hire someone from community who is actively playing the game so stuff like Glock18 for 32k rubles dont happen or atleast dedicated game designer who will be dealing with items. I am pretty sure that many players (including me) would do this for free as we want this game to be success (obviously given how much EoD costs :P )

 

And when it comes to rant or question ... i probably want to hear response from dev or someone very close to them but starting discussion is also okay. Move it if you wish or if you think devs wont bother to respond somewhere else than on Twitter.

Edited by Will36
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's good that they increased the trader restock time, it will make the economy more rough decreasing availability of certain things which means looting becomes more important. I'd like the economy to get even harder which I'm pretty sure it will in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RAC-W said:

I think it's good that they increased the trader restock time, it will make the economy more rough decreasing availability of certain things which means looting becomes more important. I'd like the economy to get even harder which I'm pretty sure it will in the future.

I agree that looting should be important but honestly limited stock and loooong restock is causing problems right now, even bigger than before. Hell people are even buying all balaclavas and then sell them for triple the price.

It shouldnt be made through limited stock. Stuff on traders should be unlimited, especially vital stuff like armor piercing ammo (you need to grind levels and traders AND quests to unlock them and then they are bought out? Really?!) and some stuff like rarer weapons should be barter only or lootable only. But definitely not this "solution" they gave us now. I agree that it is caused mainly by cheese lords with macros and not devs themselves but given how long are macros plaguing this game i think they should have taken the macros buying everything into account and doing something to prevent this stockcrash.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, unlimited stuff on traders ( Except for rare weapons like you said  ) and then,

why will you even use the flea market?

39 minutes ago, Will36 said:

But that doesnt means that i will be silent when i see that devs just made a huge mistake.

I believe what you meant was " ... when i THINK that the devs made a huge mistake."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mr0pi said:

So, unlimited stuff on traders ( Except for rare weapons like you said  ) and then,

why will you even use the flea market?

I believe what you meant was " ... when i THINK that the devs made a huge mistake."

For barter items? Quest items? Stuff that is only lootable? Basically the stuff it was meant to be used for?

Or stuff i dont have access to from higher level traders.

Edited by Will36
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you can't deny that there are a lot of people using macros to buy everything rare and then sell it on flea market for a big profit. Everything is sold out now in seconds, even simple stuff like hats and balaclavas... These people are cancer to the game.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldImba said:

Well you can't deny that there are a lot of people using macros to buy everything rare and then sell it on flea market for a big profit. Everything is sold out now in seconds, even simple stuff like hats and balaclavas... These people are cancer to the game.

I cannot agree more with this. Current state of the game market is very sad affair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also would like to rant about flea market, yes whats the point of looting when i can buy two flash drives for couple hundrets? why? Why to search for ak 60 mags for quest when you can buy them? It is way easier to get 1 000 000 rub than to get flash drives :D 

I don't know, some say its the best patch :D but it is ridiculous how many bugs it introduced. Thats fine, what else can be expected.

And everything is for what...for a flea market :D .

On 11/13/2018 at 6:45 PM, RAC-W said:

I think it's good that they increased the trader restock time, it will make the economy more rough decreasing availability of certain things which means looting becomes more important. I'd like the economy to get even harder which I'm pretty sure it will in the future.

Really? I wasn't looting for 60 ak mags, flash drives, module 3M armor and some other stuff :D which are quests items :D not sure how your argument goes with this :D 

It is good that they increased restock time? :D really? :D 

is it good that ragman level 1 has poo to sell and you need 1M to get to the next level? :D really that is good? :D basically what you do here you are wasting money on stupid hats and reselling them...thats WHAT GAMEPLAY YOU HAVE :D 

or you could sell to him lions with lover value, which you need...many...but why bother right? :D

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how to improve this flea market but looking at how it works now, I'd say just remove it.

Unless the devs think "unable to buy from trader, pay more money to someone then!" is considered "hardcore" too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
xXErenJaegerXx
2 hours ago, digimonvan said:

I don't know how to improve this flea market but looking at how it works now, I'd say just remove it.

Unless the devs think "unable to buy from trader, pay more money to someone then!" is considered "hardcore" too. 

I don't know about that, the flea market helped me skip a bunch of boring quest item grinds that would normally take me a few days in just a few minutes of browsing the market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
AboveDeadly

i kinda think its dumb that helmets are useless in this game. spawns are dumb everyone camps them and knows them. they have no problem adding stuff but not fixing the bugs they already have. Guess they wouldn't care since they already have our money.  i think this game is becoming crap 

Edited by AboveDeadly
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason i bothered playing during this wipe is so i can use the mp7 but all the good 4.6 ammo types sell out in under 5 seconds its bullshit i cant even use the weapon i want to because of this bullshit limited ammo stock crap. Seriously i grind my way up to 40 and i this is what i have to ducking deal with, I'm done with Tarkov until they fix this.

Edited by noob5eva
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 12:15 AM, xXErenJaegerXx said:

I don't know about that, the flea market helped me skip a bunch of boring quest item grinds that would normally take me a few days in just a few minutes of browsing the market.

I would disagree with you that quests are boring and i very dislike that i can buy quests items in flea market. I am not saying quest are perfect either, because their are not. I understand if you doing it over and over again it becomes boring. As i remember few first times it was very exciting :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 4:08 AM, noob5eva said:

The only reason i bothered playing during this wipe is so i can use the mp7 but all the good 4.6 ammo types sell out in under 5 seconds its bullshit i cant even use the weapon i want to because of this bullshit limited ammo stock crap. Seriously i grind my way up to 40 and i this is what i have to ducking deal with, I'm done with Tarkov until they fix this.

Exactly! Trader stock should NOT be limited whatsoever. You are grinding only for the trader stuff, nothing else. So when you cant even buy the thing you want, why bother grinding? Hell why bother playing at all? This mechanic makes zero sense and is just annoying nothing else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
cieplin1982

Good topic boys good talk. 

I rant on every occasion because lets be honest BSG is far from good work. 

Last patch totally put me off. I play maybe one scav run on PMC a week. 

I dont bother anymore. 

Dont know anymore aim for head chest legs what ammo is good what gun. 

Flea market its joy killer. Its nice idea but need adjustment. Maybe ridiculous fellas reselling for triple price should be banned from selling. As soon as people stop buying your overpriced staffs rep goes down and you out of selling and buying of traders. Just an idea wouldnt mind if flea market gone forever. 

I was happy playing without it. 

So yeah guyz BSG is totally lost unprofessional team of people who poorly execute wonderful idea. 

Iam feed up of assholes telling me "chill down" "its beta dude". Guyz posting "Great job BSG" "Give them a time". 

Or maybe they just newcomers who still have hope. 

I dont think that any EOD account holder accepts what happening in Tarkov at the moment. Its 150 GBP game for Gods Sake. 

Bugger off loosers with basic accounts bought for money from your mammas papas and grandpas telling "great game, maybe you should think about changing game" and again "it's beta" 

Iam hard earned this money and I see its beeing lost. 

Those who ever taste Tarkov working nearly excellent (for me it was 0.7 patch) will see how this game going down. BSG trying fulfil requests of people. Implementing too many staffs at the same time. 

New things new bugs. 

I screaming about working patch. Naked. With no flea market. Sherpa or any other things trying distract and divert attention from main issues which we all know what it is. 

Game going wrong direction with still broken net code. Freezes lags. Not mention constant bugs and glitches. 

Good luck boyz in Tarkov. 

Iam waiting for decent realese. 

BSG I belive you finalize what you started. Just ask for help more experienced people. Dont be ashamed of asking help. Do it right. Make it work and stop adding new content. 

 

 

 

Edited by cieplin1982
Error misspelling
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cieplin1982 said:

Good topic boys good talk. 

I rant on every occasion because lets be honest BSG is far from good work. 

Last patch totally put me off. I play maybe one scav run on PMC a week. 

I dont bother anymore. 

Dont know anymore aim for head chest legs what ammo is good what gun. 

Flea market its joy killer. Its nice idea but need adjustment. Maybe ridiculous fellas reselling for triple price should be banned from selling. As soon as people stop buying your overpriced staffs rep goes down and you out of selling and buying of traders. Just an idea wouldnt mind if flea market gone forever. 

I was happy playing without it. 

So yeah guyz BSG is totally lost unprofessional team of people who poorly execute wonderful idea. 

Iam feed up of assholes telling me "chill down" "its beta dude". Guyz posting "Great job BSG" "Give them a time". 

Or maybe they just newcomers who still have hope. 

I dont think that any EOD account holder accepts what happening in Tarkov at the moment. Its 150 GBP game for Gods Sake. 

Bugger off loosers with basic accounts bought for money from your mammas papas and grandpas telling "great game, maybe you should think about changing game" and again "it's beta" 

Iam hard earned this money and I see its beeing lost. 

Those who ever taste Tarkov working nearly excellent (for me it was 0.7 patch) will see how this game going down. BSG trying fulfil requests of people. Implementing too many staffs at the same time. 

New things new bugs. 

I screaming about working patch. Naked. With no flea market. Sherpa or any other things trying distract and divert attention from main issues which we all know what it is. 

Game going wrong direction with still broken net code. Freezes lags. Not mention constant bugs and glitches. 

Good luck boyz in Tarkov. 

Iam waiting for decent realese. 

BSG I belive you finalize what you started. Just ask for help more experienced people. Dont be ashamed of asking help. Do it right. Make it work and stop adding new content. 

 

 

 

You dont need to tell me this. When i bought EFT EoD i was quite happy with my purchase. But now ... i actually quite regret it.

 

In my first post i would have been much more toxic and honest but given i was already censored several times by moderators for bein honest towards current state of game, its fanbase and devs themselves, I tried this less aggresive approach so my thread would last for longer than hour. I am actually quite suprise that it wasnt raided by fanboys .... yet

Edited by Will36
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
cieplin1982

I do know everything. 

I was heavy user before. Now its just meaningless killing time if I find any. Before it was my second life. I played 10-15 hours a weeks somewhere between late 12 hours shifts, babysitting daughter and trying complete my responsibilities  as father and husband. 

Iam running with 10 round mag cuz in this patch apparently you not allowed to buy 30 round on level 1 for vepr. 

Trader level 1 yeah... Again. 

Its just a piss. 

What for we starting all over again again and again. Pointless. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cieplin1982 said:

I do know everything. 

I was heavy user before. Now its just meaningless killing time if I find any. Before it was my second life. I played 10-15 hours a weeks somewhere between late 12 hours shifts, babysitting daughter and trying complete my responsibilities  as father and husband. 

Iam running with 10 round mag cuz in this patch apparently you not allowed to buy 30 round on level 1 for vepr. 

Trader level 1 yeah... Again. 

Its just a piss. 

What for we starting all over again again and again. Pointless. 

 

 

What i dont understand is why we cant get XP boost or something so while we can "test" all those quests over and over again we can atleast do it without stupid grinding again and again and again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
cieplin1982

I was opening topic once in this regard as well as joining some opened topic. 

We EOD beta testers with experience have no benefits for testing. 

Where beta testing is free or even paid elsewhere we actually have to pay steep price to play. 

At the end of a day left with nothing. 

Running with shotgun in white paca carry little shoulder bag and 30 slugs in a pocket next to "cheese". No need for vest we find any very quickly. 

I got eventually response its all we have to do it again to test game economy. And that they need wipe everything to implement changes. 

Testing patching fixing and time dates of next wipes and patches. 

Made me sick. 

I at least spend more time at home with family instead locked in office with huge headset on my head completely isolated from outer world. 

Its always other side to the coin. 

Eventually BSG will get their bill to pay for everything... 

 

 

Edited by cieplin1982
Misspelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
IzSumTingWong
21 hours ago, symbiote said:

I would disagree with you that quests are boring and i very dislike that i can buy quests items in flea market. I am not saying quest are perfect either, because their are not. I understand if you doing it over and over again it becomes boring. As i remember few first times it was very exciting :) 

So you think running around for 50+ matches looking for flash drives. But with 300k and to buy from the flea market because someone has. (Saw 1 guy. with 36 of them. Effing how?) By making a mission item so rare. Because they want realism. This game is not realistic at all, if it's in beta. Why do every single time i check my skills it says: "not available in alpha" Wouldn't it say beta.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, IzSumTingWong said:

So you think running around for 50+ matches looking for flash drives. But with 300k and to buy from the flea market because someone has. (Saw 1 guy. with 36 of them. Effing how?) By making a mission item so rare. Because they want realism. This game is not realistic at all, if it's in beta. Why do every single time i check my skills it says: "not available in alpha" Wouldn't it say beta.

No i think this is too harsh, spawn of flashdrivers was kind of rare before, but now with flea market and its runners it is nearly impossible to find it. I understand why are you angry. Sorry, but your argument about realism is invalid at all. And that message you get you could report to support, it is probably a typo as if you would see map selection which is also does not match game reality.

Also you need to have pretty high attention skill if you want to find more flashdrives.

Anyways...i don't see how your reply is related to my post...it seem everyone right now is in very high emotional state :) 

If you think that is stupid to run 50 rounds to find a flashdrive, i did 40 shoreline runs (all time first) to find 112 quest key :D which holds nothing in that room :D 

Edited by symbiote
fixed typos
Link to post
Share on other sites
IzSumTingWong
1 minute ago, symbiote said:

No i think this is to harsh, spawn of flashdrivers was kind of rare before, but now with flea market and its runners it is nearly impossible to find it. I understand why are you angry. Sorry but you argument about realism is invalid at all. Ant that message you get you could report to support, it is proably a typo as if you would see map selection which is also does not match game reality.

Also you need to have pretty high attention skill if you want to find more flashdrives.

Anyways...i don't see how your repy is related to my post...it seem everyone right now is in very high emotional state :) 

If you think that is stupid to run 50 rounds to find a flashdrive, i did 40 shoreline runs (all time first) to find 112 quest key :D which holds nothing in that room :D 

I'm not cranky or upset. Just more concerned to how the levels work now. Why don't they just drop the quests until release & let us "test & really give" the bugs, exploits, hacks & glitches a go. Instead of making us worry about silly levelling up. We need to test the gameplay, not do silly missions looking for flash drives they  have decreased the spawn rate of. Devs should just leak the spawn rate percent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, IzSumTingWong said:

I'm not cranky or upset. Just more concerned to how the levels work now. Why don't they just drop the quests until release & let us "test & really give" the bugs, exploits, hacks & glitches a go. Instead of making us worry about silly levelling up. We need to test the gameplay, not do silly missions looking for flash drives they  have decreased the spawn rate of. Devs should just leak the spawn rate percent.

    Agreed, i think too that missions need rework. To answer why, i will tell you from software development perspective,it is to test for regression, as you noticed each patch new bugs arise, so to say we need to go through it again :D also quests had also bugs, some are fixed now, some are not. Yes it would be nice to know spawn rate, but as i understand they change often, and to maintain that information is more work.

   It is strange how flea market influance quests and trading prices. I hope it will change somehow. This time i just bought flashdrive :( sadly...just found one this time :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...