Sign in to follow this  
Lohung

Gunsmith Part 16 not working???

Lohung

hey guys i am doing gunsmith part 16 and it doesnt seem to be working for me. I followed several guides to make sure i had all the right pieces I read the objected i ton of times.. but i still cant seem to turn in the gun.. just wont let me... can someone take a look at this and tell me what they think i am doing wrong.. thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.d9c9f59f6c3d8564f1b72a6ee85dd29b.png

DanExert

You need the MUR-1S Upper Receiver mate

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Lohung

thanks... but i actually figured it out... i used the PRS GEN2 stock and it worked... thanks for the reply tho

• Thanks 1

DanExert
Just now, Lohung said:

thanks... but i actually figured it out... i used the PRS GEN2 stock and it worked... thanks for the reply tho

Ahh interesting! You're welcome dude, best of luck out there :) 

Sleepyyy

The quest is not bugged. You just need different mods than from previous patches. For example peacekeeper lvl 4 sells the new upper m4 you need, stocks aswell etc, u can't rely on old youtube videos.

Rossin

What the exact name of the new upper receiver. I can't find it on flee marked and don't have peacekeeper on 

lvl4?

Is it MUR-1S Upper Receiver? perhaps it's just sold out

DanExert
3 hours ago, Rossin said:

What the exact name of the new upper receiver. I can't find it on flee marked and don't have peacekeeper on 

lvl4?

Is it MUR-1S Upper Receiver? perhaps it's just sold out

Yeah dude, make sure to uncheck 'functional weapons only' or whatever it says :) then the item will appear!

KimiFelipe

@Lohung In the explanation in the game "220 or less recoil" written? Your recoil does not meet your requirements at 225. First of all, not but guide, read the explanation in the game

Edited by KimiFelipe

Lohung

yea i got it i bought the PRS stock and it did the trick

ShadowBanned

i bought the prs stock and the CA2 buffer tube, i still cant turn it in.  Ive probably spent about 800K so far on every part imaginable.  My ergo is 77 and my recoil is 180 and i have the proper hand guard etc. 

What am i missing?

image.thumb.png.92e42cf8b0dcd993f6d177b09e114b2d.png

Edited by ShadowBanned

DanExert
14 hours ago, ShadowBanned said:

i bought the prs stock and the CA2 buffer tube, i still cant turn it in.  Ive probably spent about 800K so far on every part imaginable.  My ergo is 77 and my recoil is 180 and i have the proper hand guard etc. 

What am i missing?

I will keep saying it until people start listening - USE THE WIKI! 

The wiki is THE best source of information for Escape from Tarkov, and tells you everything you need to know for every single quest.

"...Bring me one such masterpiece, an M4A1 with NT4 FDE silencer, rifle length MK 10 handguard, a thermal scope and a 60-round magazine. Ergonomics should be no less than 67, the recoil sum less than 220 and weighing 5 kg or less."

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Gunsmith_-_Part_16

265603264_ScreenShot2018-12-02at11_56_21.png.56c8ad1d2be8d3218ea9e531c2b72eac.png

FreemanUruguay

I did this mission a couple of times so I did not pay much attention. I bought what I was missing and used parts of another M4 but it did not work well. As I did not understand what happened, I started to try other configurations, I spent a lot of money and even then it did not work. Although I complied with all the requirements it did not work so I just breathed and watched carefully. Everything was the fault of a small detail.

image.thumb.png.f1ad4c42afc3764099cf0cb1ac02cb29.png

I just took the silencer from another weapon without realizing that it was not the right one.

yanot

Broken. Can't handover with this build:

broken.thumb.png.140f505f591d5dd9a9245977f67bc033.png

UPD: Ok, looks like BSG tweaked fore grips stats and that BGV is not working anymore. Use Shift one instead and u'll be able to hand it over.

shift.thumb.png.0235ae2031b39ea9de3135d3553fdb4c.png

Edited by yanot

yatsu72

can't give this m4 could somebody help ? 

thx

dsqdsqdsqdqsdqsdqsdsq.PNG

Iron_Eagle

"...Bring me one such masterpiece, an M4A1 with NT4 FDE silencer, rifle length MK 10 handguard, a thermal scope and a 60-round magazine. Ergonomics should be no less than 67, the recoil sum less than 220 and weighing 5 kg or less."

You have the black NT4 Silencer.  You need the FDE one.  

northofnowhere

This thread is great comedy relief.  

Wurfy

Hate to necro a thread like this but the comedy relief must continue.

Screenshot_19.thumb.png.d9ab9222f53b567bc19680d2466a0cbe.png

I'm at my wit's end.

M4A1 - check

NT-4 FDE - check

MK10 handguard - check

Thermal scope - check

60-round magazine - check

Ergonomics ≥ 67 - check

Recoil > 280 - check

Weight ≥ 5Kg - check

That's all the conditions met. What painfully obvious mistake have I made?

• Upvote 1

Shryke

I just want to add that anyone wasting their money on this quest line is insane. Huge, huge waste of resources, unless you have money falling out of your ass like a streamer (free money).

Silverhaze5X
On 1/17/2020 at 6:46 PM, Wurfy said:

Hate to necro a thread like this but the comedy relief must continue.

Screenshot_19.thumb.png.d9ab9222f53b567bc19680d2466a0cbe.png

I'm at my wit's end.

M4A1 - check

NT-4 FDE - check

MK10 handguard - check

Thermal scope - check

60-round magazine - check

Ergonomics ≥ 67 - check

Recoil > 280 - check

Weight ≥ 5Kg - check

That's all the conditions met. What painfully obvious mistake have I made?

Same exact problem. ALL CHECKS, but can't handover.

i got the right suppressor color, all mandatory parts, 68 ergo, recoil sum of 204 and weight ≥ 5Kg and still can't handover. tryed with more ergo, same thing. can't handover.

Stop nip picking about the wiki, this quest is broken atmo, as a rifle that do match everything requiered in ingame quest's description can't be handover..

Here is my attempt.

9wHZwSz.jpg

Edited by Silverhaze5X
added picture

Wurfy
40 minutes ago, Silverhaze5X said:

Same exact problem. ALL CHECKS, but can't handover.

i got the right suppressor color, all mandatory parts, 68 ergo, recoil sum of 204 and weight ≥ 5Kg and still can't handover. tryed with more ergo, same thing. can't handover.

Stop nip picking about the wiki, this quest is broken atmo, as a rifle that do match everything requiered in ingame quest's description can't be handover..

Here is my attempt.

9wHZwSz.jpg

I got mine turned in. The solution that I forgot to post here was exactly what I kinda suspected before I even started building, but I was hoping there would be something else.

You need to use the REAP-IR, not FLIR.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:40 AM, Shryke said:

I just want to add that anyone wasting their money on this quest line is insane. Huge, huge waste of resources, unless you have money falling out of your ass like a streamer (free money).

Nearly none of the quests are profitable. These tend to be somewhat close to actually breaking even and they do give you XP.

• Thanks 1

Silverhaze5X
10 minutes ago, Wurfy said:

I got mine turned in. The solution that I forgot to post here was exactly what I kinda suspected before I even started building, but I was hoping there would be something else.

You need to use the REAP-IR, not FLIR.

Ok thanks for the confirmation, this is exactly what i was suspecting aswell.

So, Quest is indeed broken, because a mandatory item isn't in the description (or wiki). Description says "Thermal scope". not specifiying which one. I was suspecting that aswell because i tryed to swap every other item beside the scope.