se7eN_JJ

400 BS Rounds every 3 hours?

I clearly get why you want to limit BS ammo, but 400 for every 3 hours? in 3 hours I can play at least 3 raids, and blasting out a minimum of 1000 rounds. What also seems pretty odd, is the fact before you had the buy limit of 400 BS ammo was never sold out, and now for some reason its gone within minutes.

Please change or get rid of that restriction!

There are two options:

1. Have 10,000 (I made this number up for the explanation sake) rounds without restriction, so 5-10 players buy them (or sometimes even 1 player), and nobody else can
  2. Have 10,000 rounds with 400 rnd/player restriction, so 25 players can buy it.
    1. You could even raise total amount to 50,000 here so 125 players could buy it.

TBH, I'm tired of causals crying with "I can't use best ammo all the time, devs are evil!" etc. Seriously, think about lore. Ammo is supposed to be scarce. Especially BEST ammo. In my opinion fact that you can even buy that ammo is a little too easy. You are not supposed to go into every raid with best possible gear. I would be more than happy if devs made best ammo barter-only

IMHO you should have to scavenge gear and ammo from raid, especially top ammo. Which you can find plenty in all maps. 

I, for example, have entire ammo case filled with BP ammo. I haven't bought it at all. I looted it from scavs and crates etc. 

My solution to you is either:

• use other ammo types as well
  • start looting ammo in-raid (you can unload mags, you know?)
  • use different weapon
  • Use semi-auto more and stop spraying with your very expensive and limited ammo

Anyway, please stop whining that you can't use best ammo in the game. Because you are not supposed to be using that to that extent.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

How do we combat the people with macros buying all that ammo up right away?

This goes for all the "best ammo" out there. It's that the few people that get the ammo and sell it on the market, with large mark-up. The concept of rare ammo and gear puts players at a major advantage, good on them, but definitely makes the playing field not level at all.

Until there ammunition types vary in performance, degradation of the barrel, velocity, variation of damage and penetration - the best ammo should not be limited. That being said, armour is going to be improved.

This concept of "casual" players vs "hardcore" players I find to be ridiculous. You're dividing the majority of players and creating an "elitist" point of view. Casuals make up the majority of any game base.

I'm not saying devs should cater to casuals and elitists, they should focus on what makes the game fun for the majority of players, and also fun - especially - for new players coming in. That's how word of mouth of a game goes around, and that's how games grow.

Nobody is going to want to put "work" into a game if they have to work in real life -  we play games to have fun, not deal with tedious manners.

Edited by DragunovCrux

You could just scan for Macro's by making a program which analyzes human reaction time, and can zap those who use macro's with a 5 hour trading ban, instead of out-right banning them, it'll stop them from buying up all the ammo/armor.

The trading and economy system will change extensively guys. This will happen when the trading system is running with AI technology and does not need human value changes. That aspect is missing right now and that is what is going on. 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Forien:

My solution to you is either:

• use other ammo types as well
  • start looting ammo in-raid (you can unload mags, you know?)
  • use different weapon
  • Use semi-auto more and stop spraying with your very expensive and limited ammo

Are you crazy to force people to adapt to a new situation. Thats way to much ;D.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DetectiveBrit said:

You could just scan for Macro's by making a program which analyzes human reaction time, and can zap those who use macro's with a 5 hour trading ban, instead of out-right banning them, it'll stop them from buying up all the ammo/armor.

so.. you think all uses macros.. i wonder what happens when 500 people click the same item.. you expect to be the one to win?

The issue with trading and snap buying has always been in regards to the server located in Moscow and simple ping.

The faster your click (packet) travels to server and back (ping) - the better your chances of winning click wars in traders. 

I still hope that restock timer will disable some time soon and will be replaced with "Restocking soon/in half an hour/very soon" values based on your trading skill, standing or charisma.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb sYs:

I still hope that restock timer will disable some time soon and will be replaced with "Restocking soon/in half an hour/very soon" values based on your trading skill, standing or charisma

Nice idea. Could be worth a try.

How about removing all the best ammo from all traders. So you can only find them  in the game like in ammo crates or on lucky scavs / scav bosses.

Would make them insanely expensive... as it should be in the lore.

On 11/26/2018 at 12:29 AM, sYs said:

I still hope that restock timer will disable some time soon and will be replaced with "Restocking soon/in half an hour/very soon" values based on your trading skill, standing or charisma.

That's actually a much better idea. The the countdown of restock and the amount you buy should be based on your charisma, standing, and trading skill.

4 hours ago, DragunovCrux said:

That's actually a much better idea. The the countdown of restock and the amount you buy should be based on your charisma, standing, and trading skill.

Well, technically we had a talk about this back in 2016. I think it was even mentioned in gamescon. It will come eventually - there is no other logical solution. :D

I'm not that much concerned at this point about this feature as we have more pressing issues to deal with. (Desync, hit reg). Have faith - this is pretty big scale game for BSG development experience. I hope unity ups their game too.