BloodyDuty

Make Fence of use

BloodyDuty

So the other day i was in the marked and looked over the Traders and i saw my lvl1 Fence and thought: whats up with you mate?

Here is the Idea i came up with:

What if Fence had a percentual chance of gaining the Gear players lost in raids wich was not insured or they missed an insurance.

So instead of the Gear go lost people could buy some full attached weapons or hight tier gier at Fence for a price wich is a little bit highter than the original worth/price of the Equipment players payed for it. So it would be rentable for people to buy.

I think especially new players may benefit from that kind of system within Fence because they mostly do not know how to mod Guns and what parts to use. So instead of grindig traders and maby struggle to achieve the ability to mod guns they can buy alrdy moddet guns. That would help em getting through the first early to mid lvls a little bit easier.

Pls tell me your thoughts in comments below. PRO and CON would rly appreciate the community reviews about it. Thanks guys stay cheeky. (ps pls do not mention my grammars thanks.)

• Like 6
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 9

wfl

good idea. never really used fence. They might aswell delete the trader. 

• Like 1

j0zeph

Good idea, it would make fence more usefull in the game :)

• Like 1

mockingbird

Fence seems pretty much obsolete at this point, flea market being the final nail. Unless you just want to unload your gear with minimum number of clicks and don't really care if you lose a bit of money.

Biggest problem with any attempted fix is that single items will get swiped really, really fast because of macros or just the fact that there will be thousands of players clicking "refresh" at the same time. It's always been that way, even in the times when Fence was "useful" i.e. you could snag a random flash drive or key from him.

I think an interesting approach would be to make him less dependent of rubles and introduce some randomized item trades that are not used otherwise. Say, he's got a Bitcoin on sale, but wants a Grizzly and a 3M armor for it. Or the other way around, he wants MP5s and gives out random loot items for it - one time it'll be Gas Analyzers, another time you'll get a batch of 20 random cigarettes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BloodyDuty
vor 22 Minuten schrieb mockingbird:

Fence seems pretty much obsolete at this point, flea market being the final nail. Unless you just want to unload your gear with minimum number of clicks and don't really care if you lose a bit of money.

Biggest problem with any attempted fix is that single items will get swiped really, really fast because of macros or just the fact that there will be thousands of players clicking "refresh" at the same time. It's always been that way, even in the times when Fence was "useful" i.e. you could snag a random flash drive or key from him.

I think an interesting approach would be to make him less dependent of rubles and introduce some randomized item trades that are not used otherwise. Say, he's got a Bitcoin on sale, but wants a Grizzly and a 3M armor for it. Or the other way around, he wants MP5s and gives out random loot items for it - one time it'll be Gas Analyzers, another time you'll get a batch of 20 random cigarettes.

The idea of making him a pure item for item Trader is kinda nice too. Iwas just brainstorming with my idea. Maby we can find a cool idea as community wich the Devs may find usefull and adaptable. Thanks for your thoughts mate

Edited by BloodyDuty
  • Like 1

Rikas75

Hi all,

i mostly agree to @BloodyDuty's idea.

I also thought that some items should not be tradeable via fleamarket (no suggestions what items yet) and this could bring Fence an oportunity again.

• Like 1

Sleepyyy

Its actually a good idea, since the addition of Fleamarket, Fence has literally no use, other than those knives.. :P

But now seriously, I am not sure what BSG plans are for Fence in the future but that's a good point. 

I've never used Fence anyway, not now, not before, he just paid less and I didn't see a point of selling towards him, other than allowing players to buy from him what you sold.

• Like 2

PardTheTroll

Not sure if it makes sense, but why not let people sell only full durability items to the corresponding traders and everything "used" like a Salewa (378/400) wont be bought by Therapist or an AK-74N (78/100 durability) wont be bought by either Peacekeeper, Mechanic nor Prapor, but Fence? So, people can buy random (used) gear from Fence for a good price.

I also thing

Am 29.11.2018 um 09:09 schrieb BloodyDuty:

What if Fence had a percentual chance of gaining the Gear players lost in raids wich was not insured or they missed an insurance.

Sounds good, but I am not sure the probability of this is very high, is it?

Am 29.11.2018 um 10:09 schrieb mockingbird:

This is great! I think it would make even more sense, when the traders were more limited in their equipment range they sell (as it is planned in the future). So fence could have a bigger variety of special sales, which aren't as easy/cheap to get or can't be bought at all.

BloodyDuty
vor 19 Stunden schrieb PardTheTroll:

Not sure if it makes sense, but why not let people sell only full durability items to the corresponding traders and everything "used" like a Salewa (378/400) wont be bought by Therapist or an AK-74N (78/100 durability) wont be bought by either Peacekeeper, Mechanic nor Prapor, but Fence? So, people can buy random (used) gear from Fence for a good price.

I also thing

Sounds good, but I am not sure the probability of this is very high, is it?

This is great! I think it would make even more sense, when the traders were more limited in their equipment range they sell (as it is planned in the future). So fence could have a bigger variety of special sales, which aren't as easy/cheap to get or can't be bought at all.

Not sure about that but also an interesting idea. The only flaw i may see there is that peope won't repair stuff to sell it because they won't make money at all from that.  But as more as we discuss it the more we may be able to find a practical idea for fence wich maby be seen from te devs.

Btw guy's thank you guys so far for he creative Ideas and constructive Feedback. Lets vote that Thread up and spread word about it the more people talk about it and vote for it the highter is the chance the devs may see it and maby adapt one or two Ideas.

Thanks guys

MKev
Am 29.11.2018 um 09:09 schrieb BloodyDuty:

So the other day i was in the marked and looked over the Traders and i saw my lvl1 Fence and thought: whats up with you mate?

Here is the Idea i came up with:

So instead of the Gear go lost people could buy some full attached weapons or hight tier gier at Fence for a price wich is a little bit highter than the original worth/price of the Equipment players payed for it. So it would be rentable for people to buy.

I think especially new players may benefit from that kind of system within Fence because they mostly do not know how to mod Guns and what parts to use. So instead of grindig traders and maby struggle to achieve the ability to mod guns they can buy alrdy moddet guns. That would help em getting through the first early to mid lvls a little bit easier.

Pls tell me your thoughts in comments below. PRO and CON would rly appreciate the community reviews about it. Thanks guys stay cheeky. (ps pls do not mention my grammars thanks.)

The best Idea i have seen so far. I hope BSG is looking into it. Forwarding it: @Blackb1rd  @PIG-Mathieu @Cyver

• Like 2

PIG-Mathieu

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion @BloodyDuty.

14 hours ago, MKev said:

The best Idea i have seen so far. I hope BSG is looking into it. Forwarding it: @Blackb1rd  @PIG-Mathieu @Cyver

We appreciate your help, but we look at the forum whether you tag us or not :betoung:

(so please don't tag us all for so little :D )

• Cold 1

BloodyDuty
vor 5 Stunden schrieb PIG-Mathieu:

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion @BloodyDuty.

We appreciate your help, but we look at the forum whether you tag us or not :betoung:

(so please don't tag us all for so little :D )

Thank you for responding feel free to adapt all the ideas you see and keep up with the good work.

ReskVars_YT

Sounds really good :) Good Idea mate :)

• Thanks 1

medicroby

This is the best suggestion I haven seen so far.

• Like 1

keyciraptor

Bsg has a big problem with makro users, but that should not stop us/devs to bring good ideas in the game. Hope bsg will find a way to stop the makro idiots^^

For the thread, i like the idea from op very mich, but how about we get fence work like ebay? How about not click and buying it and more like you click, the price goes up (depending on what, a lighter goes 10 ruble up, a full deck m4 goes by 1000 rubble or smt like that) and if there is no new buyer, after 1min its yours. This way, i am SURE, we would outplay makro users, not?