Sign in to follow this  
Rikas75

Neccessary medical optimizations (suggestion)

Hi all,

I'm curious why painkiller an Ibuprofen only give 1 pill. There are 10 pills in painkiller and in the entire bottle of Ibuprofen should be around 20-50 pills! Also i must mention that Augementin is no painkiller, it is an antibiotica but this will never take pain.

So suggestion is to adjust painkiller to 10x use, Ibuprofen to 20~25x use and of course remove Augmentin as painkiller (but keep as barter item, or whatever for final game)

Best regards

Rikas

Painkiller.jpg

Ibu.jpg

Aug.jpg

• Upvote 1

To be fair all the painkillers aside from morphine should be removed (unless the painkillers are just opiate-based drugs in pill form-but even then your looking at 10 mins minimum for effects to start kicking in and up to 2 hours till they are fully in effect-they might be strong drugs but they do nothing just sitting in your  intestines they need to have a first pass in the liver and get to the brain stem to block the pain signals) as in "reality" (that good old subjective realm) nothing less is going to let you walk on a broken leg (even then chances are most people wouldn't be able to force themselves to do it their are good reasons why people feel weird and want it to stop when you can feel bones moving along lines they are not meant to go)

I don't care how much ibuprofen you take that stuff ain't letting you walk off a bullet wound :P 

But yeah good post op there should at least be multiple usages for the packs of pills even if its only 4 uses (8 pills in pack, 2 pills each dose-or whatever drug/dose/pill strength combo is being used)

• Upvote 1

Am 5.12.2018 um 13:33 schrieb smokey-phil:

... your looking at 10 mins minimum for effects to start kicking in and up to 2 hours till they are fully in effect-they ..

You are right o f course, but also you need to scale it for the game, as time is going faster ingame. Maybe a little delay of 5-10 seconds until painkillers and Ibu will start to block pain.

Am 5.12.2018 um 13:33 schrieb smokey-phil:

I don't care how much ibuprofen you take that stuff ain't letting you walk off a bullet wound :P

I agree to you in RL, but of course we should keep some playability in EfT. If every wounded player isn't able to act anymore , then this game will probably loose massivley players.

In first place its just about the amount of pills in a painkillers and Ibuprofen.

On 12/2/2018 at 4:53 AM, Rikas75 said:

Hi all,

I'm curious why painkiller an Ibuprofen only give 1 pill. There are 10 pills in painkiller and in the entire bottle of Ibuprofen should be around 20-50 pills! Also i must mention that Augementin is no painkiller, it is an antibiotica but this will never take pain.

So suggestion is to adjust painkiller to 10x use, Ibuprofen to 20~25x use and of course remove Augmentin as painkiller (but keep as barter item, or whatever for final game)

Best regards

Rikas

Painkiller.jpg

Ibu.jpg

Aug.jpg

Well, even when I get a headache I don't just take one pill.  It is usually two or more depending on the dosage.  Now, if I had a bullet hole going in one side of my leg and out the other, I would imagine a 10-pack would be my dosage...

1 hour ago, Rikas75 said:

You are right o f course, but also you need to scale it for the game, as time is going faster ingame. Maybe a little delay of 5-10 seconds until painkillers and Ibu will start to block pain.

I agree to you in RL, but of course we should keep some playability in EfT. If every wounded player isn't able to act anymore , then this game will probably loose massivley players.

In first place its just about the amount of pills in a painkillers and Ibuprofen.

Currently i think the time scale is sped up by about a factor of 4 (so time moves 4 times as fast roughly) so that alone starts cutting down the the real time a person would be sitting there waiting for the drugs to work. Now don't forget i'm not saying all drugs will take that long just that pills and other oral intake drugs take roughly half hour upwards to start iv use take seconds to be fully effective and intramuscular takes longer but not that much longer about 5-10 mins and seeing as almost all  morphine self injectors that i'm aware of are not made to hit veins you aim for a large muscle group like the ass or thigh (combat is not the time to practice your phlebotomy)

But yeah maybe asking for full detail pharmacokinetically (take that google spell check :P) accurate modelling system is a little overboard :P and sure if it was true to life most of the pmcs that get shot up would be vomiting quietly in the hidey-hole they crawled into waiting for shock to finish the job (even if you get out of the map where are you gonna go the local trauma centre is a bombed out wreck (lore assumptions ahoy)) So maybe that would not make for the most "conventionally" enjoyable thing to do considering the current average survival rating.