Sign in to follow this  
Kimuri

I need some advice from you people

I have been banned. Why? I do not know. Not for hacking, I believe account has been compromised. How? No idea. 

A week back I received a random e-mail, didn't check on it. I install no unofficial software and have a good antivirus running 24/7.

Someone logged into my profile and BSG has banned me. My name is not to be found on the ban list. 

I'm wondering: if I were to create a new profile and buy the game again, would I get banned? 

No, you wouldn't. But keep it better secured this time? Or just don't cheat at the game. Seems highly unlikely someone logged into your profile just to cheat given there would be no benefit to them...

But you wouldn't get banned on your new account unless you cheated on the new one.

Just now, cala13er said:

No, you wouldn't. But keep it better secured this time? Or just don't cheat at the game. Seems highly unlikely someone logged into your profile just to cheat given there would be no benefit to them...

But you wouldn't get banned on your new account unless you cheated on the new one.

You need to understand cheating was not involved. I believe they simply banned for a drastic IP change or anything. I do not see my profile in any cheaters ban list. 

4 minutes ago, Chamil2 said:

You need to understand cheating was not involved. I believe they simply banned for a drastic IP change or anything. I do not see my profile in any cheaters ban list. 

The most recent official ban list was on the 26th of last month. They come monthly. So expect your name to be published on the next one. Currently from what I've seen. IP Changes are flagged but are only investigated and do not lead to bans unless it's used for cheating or other reasons such as selling in-game stuff for real money. 

I use a VPN that puts me 2000 miles away and forget to turn it off sometimes when playing Tarkov. I would of been banned for a drastic IP change if this was the case. However I do not cheat or real world trade through the game. 

Edited by cala13er
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cala13er said:

The most recent official ban list was on the 26th of last month. They come monthly. So expect your name to be published on the next one. Currently from what I've seen. IP Changes are flagged but are only investigated and do not lead to bans unless it's used for cheating or other reasons such as selling in-game stuff for real money. 

I use a VPN that puts me 2000 miles away and forget to turn it off sometimes when playing Tarkov. I would of been banned for a drastic IP change if this was the case. However I do not cheat or real world trade through the game. 

The ban was issued about 2-3 weeks ago. Trust me, no hacking involved. 

2 minutes ago, Chamil2 said:

How would you know if someone logged into your account? You wouldn't know what they did?

2 minutes ago, cala13er said:

How would you know if someone logged into your account? You wouldn't know what they did?

I received an e-mail from escape from tarkov that my profile was logged in on a day I didn't touch my computer.
Is it my responsibility to react to it properly and insure the security of my account? Yes. Did I? No. Why? At the moment I didn't think it would be possible.

EFT has so many ways to secure the profiles, even e-mail confirmations. I simply didn't deem it as possible.

I should have considering so many profiles are being cracked and sold off. My password is the most simple thing you could imagine. 

Chose a different payment method,by this you should be fine to go. No hardware or ip ban on EFT.

Delete visual studio or similar programs, don't to filedigging or related things.

On 12/2/2018 at 1:59 PM, Kimuri said:

Yeah and everyone in prison is innocent.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:07 PM, Kimuri said:

I received an e-mail from escape from tarkov that my profile was logged in on a day I didn't touch my computer.
Is it my responsibility to react to it properly and insure the security of my account? Yes. Did I? No. Why? At the moment I didn't think it would be possible.

EFT has so many ways to secure the profiles, even e-mail confirmations. I simply didn't deem it as possible.

I should have considering so many profiles are being cracked and sold off. My password is the most simple thing you could imagine. 

If your password was simple then it's tough luck mate, are your bank card pin codes 1234 as well?

If you have not learned this lesson in life, learn it now quickly before it really bites down hard.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vodor said:

Yeah and everyone in prison is innocent.

to bad its already been proven that they ban innocent people by "mistake".....so try again

I think it's a shame, that everybody tries to imputing he was hacking.

My best friends account on steam and ubisoft was also hacked and the friendlists were deleted, hacks were used and somebody played his games. He also couldn't get into his BSG account and contacted the support. They helped him. I think his email was hacked somehow. So it isn't unlikely, as somebody said, that this happens. My Swtor account was hacked aswell a few years ago and everything was gone.

You better contact the support. They should know how to help you.

Edited by 8odycount

15 hours ago, smaaken said:

Chose a different payment method,by this you should be fine to go. No hardware or ip ban on EFT.

Delete visual studio or similar programs, don't to filedigging or related things.

Why do you mention Visual Studio? I was actually banned shortly after I installed this program.

@Vodor I don’t need hacks in this game. I can easily own 90% of the current playerbase, I was here since contract wars with a 6.0 kd. The game is amazing and it fits me great.

@Hamm Thank you for your support. I stand by it. I once saw a russian give himself dev power and ban random people. Livestreaming it.

@8odycount I have tried but as soon as I mention the profile they reply auto ‘Your account has been banned for violation of user rights’

Am ‎02‎.‎12‎.‎2018 um 15:07 schrieb Kimuri:

EFT has so many ways to secure the profiles, even e-mail confirmations. I simply didn't deem it as possible

Oh yeah it is possible. My account got hacked as well few month ago. Got it back but was not banned since i reacted imediatly. But i only recognized it, since the hacker wanted to change the account name. I had E-Mail codes active at the time. Strange thing was, i didnt receive any Mails according my account... I switched now to google authentificator on my mobile. I hope this works unlike the E-Mail verification.

It is sad that we have to do such things because of hacker scum.

I had to prove the account was mine to the BSG Support with E-Banking screenshot of the purchase.
I mean if you got hacked and you can prove it was your account and they see a suspicious name change or E-Mail change just before the banreason , you might get it back.

Good Luck.

2 hours ago, Phoenixsui said:

Oh yeah it is possible. My account got hacked as well few month ago. Got it back but was not banned since i reacted imediatly. But i only recognized it, since the hacker wanted to change the account name. I had E-Mail codes active at the time. Strange thing was, i didnt receive any Mails according my account... I switched now to google authentificator on my mobile. I hope this works unlike the E-Mail verification.

It is sad that we have to do such things because of hacker scum.

I had to prove the account was mine to the BSG Support with E-Banking screenshot of the purchase.
I mean if you got hacked and you can prove it was your account and they see a suspicious name change or E-Mail change just before the banreason , you might get it back.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your reply. A sherpa confirming means alot to me. I've gone ahead and bought an other standard copy as @ShiroTenshi said it's fine. I'll still pursue the other profile issues meanwhile together with the UWS clan. 

2 hours ago, Kimuri said:

Why do you mention Visual Studio? I was actually banned shortly after I installed this program.

This is because some people from hacking sites decided it would be a good idea to spread the rumor that having Visual Studio installed was grounds for a ban. Or that having files with 'hacker' in the name would trigger a ban by the AC.

This isn't true. I have had Visual Studio installed for more then a year, i have had it open in the background with EFT open and a file called 'hacker' (as part of an e-course where we made a very simple Unity game called 'Terminal Hacker') open while i blew off some steam through a few raids and have not been banned to this day.

9 hours ago, Kimuri said:

@Vodor I don’t need hacks in this game. I can easily own 90% of the current playerbase, I was here since contract wars with a 6.0 kd. The game is amazing and it fits me great.

Haha, I guess you never heard that classic prison statement I said. I was merely comparing it to those in prison, if you ask them they're innocent, similar to forums here of anyone banned says they're innocent - we're never supposed to know who is telling the truth or not :) It wasn't mean't to directly point the finger at you cheating.

I'm not sure what the deal was with the contract wars thing, but if this is a mini-competition then I've been putting my name on scoreboards going back decades so nyer nyer nyer ;)