themonsterswe

Massive amount of Microstuttering

Hey!
I just upgraded my GPU from an amd r9 280x to a gtx 1080ti and recieved a massive performance on every game except this one.

The average FPS that i recieved was as expected but the game microstutters once every 5 to 20 seconds at all times, even in the menu.

Here are the things that i've tried that didn't work:

- Lowering the settings, don't work and doesn't even enhance my performance on the game.
- Reinstalled the game and moved in into a different hard drive, i've done this twice and it didn't help.
- Turn off Vsync on Nvidia settings
- Turn off all Nvidia settings
- Turn Off/On VSync in the ingame settings
- Turn off shadowplay
- Run the game as high priority software
- Stopped overclocking my GPU
- Changed the resulotion to 1080p
- Run a memory cleaner software
- Run with borderless mode and windowed mode

GPU is at 80 to 97% and CPU isn't going over 60's, nether the GPU or CPU are throttling aswell.
The game doesn't eat up more then 40% RAM so that is out of the question.

my specs:

CPU. Intel Core i7-3770 max OC (4.1 GHZ/4,3 GHZ) with nocturna cooler
(CPU doesn't go above 81 degrees)

GPU. MSI GTX 1080TI gaming

Display. 27”, 1440p, TN with GSYNC.

HDD/SSD. 200GB SSD / 3TB HDD.

RAM. 16GB DDR3 (probably 1600 MHZ)

could it be packet loss from your internet, or something that's making your cpu spike to 100% every 15-20 seconds, maybe some background tasks need turning of like auto scans ect...or maybe a drive other than the one the game is on is busy, i put my screen shot folder on another drive playing battlefield 4 and whenever i took a screen shot the entire game stopped for a few seconds, i know its not the same as your problem but worth checking things out, i also had an i7 3770k playing this game and a msi 1070 and it played great except for all the usual bugs in the game...

12 hours ago, themonsterswe said:

Hey!
I just upgraded my GPU from an amd r9 280x to a gtx 1080ti and recieved a massive performance on every game except this one.

The average FPS that i recieved was as expected but the game microstutters once every 5 to 20 seconds at all times, even in the menu.

Here are the things that i've tried that didn't work:

- Lowering the settings, don't work and doesn't even enhance my performance on the game.
- Reinstalled the game and moved in into a different hard drive, i've done this twice and it didn't help.
- Turn off Vsync on Nvidia settings
- Turn off all Nvidia settings
- Turn Off/On VSync in the ingame settings
- Turn off shadowplay
- Run the game as high priority software
- Stopped overclocking my GPU
- Changed the resulotion to 1080p
- Run a memory cleaner software
- Run with borderless mode and windowed mode

GPU is at 80 to 97% and CPU isn't going over 60's, nether the GPU or CPU are throttling aswell.
The game doesn't eat up more then 40% RAM so that is out of the question.

my specs:

CPU. Intel Core i7-3770 max OC (4.1 GHZ/4,3 GHZ) with nocturna cooler
(CPU doesn't go above 81 degrees)

GPU. MSI GTX 1080TI gaming

Display. 27”, 1440p, TN with GSYNC.

HDD/SSD. 200GB SSD / 3TB HDD.

RAM. 16GB DDR3 (probably 1600 MHZ)

I have the exact same experience. But at this time it is known the 1080 and 1080 ti cards just cant run this game. I have tried everything there is to fix it. But the only thing that made a very small difference was changing to drivers from september 2017.

5 hours ago, bjuckan said:

I have the exact same experience. But at this time it is known the 1080 and 1080 ti cards just cant run this game. I have tried everything there is to fix it. But the only thing that made a very small difference was changing to drivers from september 2017.

Could you elaborate on the 1080 cards not being able to run the game properly?

26 minutes ago, Surv0 said:

Could you elaborate on the 1080 cards not being able to run the game properly?

i would be intrested to know more about this as well. I know that some high end rigs don't run tarkov as well as they should but i was not aware that the problems where limited to any one card type also if its not working on the 1080 are any of the 10-serise card going to work? (as they are all pretty much the same chip-set just with differing set-ups and limiters and clock speeds.)

8 hours ago, bjuckan said:

sorry but that's rubbish i was running this game at 2560x1440p with high settings on a gtx 1060 3gb just fine, there must be some other issue at work...

Nothing wrong with your system, pal. Game just runs like rubbish and that's it. It gives me 50 fps at Customs while NOTHING is bottlenecked - CPU, GPU and memory are fluctuating at around 60-70% load and everything is cooler than Kamina's shades.

For example, I can clearly tell what caps my FPS in other games by figuring out which component has 95-100% load. In Tarkov it's just that nothing is pushed to it's limit. The only thing I've noticed is that Tarkov LOVES riding on the second core of every CPU I tried (R5, R7 2xxx series, i5 Ivy Bridge, i7 Broadwell) that has almost twice the load of every other core. Perhaps BSG can't do multithreading well enough.

Update:

Sorry for not being active, i've resolved this issue by upgrading my CPU + motherboard + RAM to an i7 8700k with 16 gb, 3000 MHZ RAM.

This game doesn't seem to be that bottleneck friendly since i'm now (after the CPU upgrade) lagging less than what an average streamer does.

Edited by themonsterswe

On 12/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, themonsterswe said:

GPU is at 80 to 97%

Something is wrong, my GPU is no more at 60%, also 1080ti, make sure your PC is miner free.

11 hours ago, zieft said:

Something is wrong, my GPU is no more at 60%, also 1080ti, make sure your PC is miner free.

6 hours ago, Speedx said:

Have you tried overriding DPI optimizations? 

As i stated in my last post, this issue has been solved.

This game doesn't apparently run well with bottleneck, so a i7 8700k upgrade fixed it.

Comming from a guy studying computer science, i've to say that there definitely is atleast one devoloper at BSG who truly has no idea what he's doing.

• Like 1

What helped me the most was, override high dpi scaling on the .exe properties of the game, and disable full screen optimization...

Next was ingame settings and this was probably the biggest help -  Texture quality = High, Shadow Quality = High , Object LOD = 2, overall Visibility = 400 (note this does not effect your ability to see players from a distance), Shadow Visibility=40, ssao = off, contact ssao = off, ssr = off, Aniso Filtering = off, Antiali = fxaa, Sharpness is preference I think, but .9 works well for me.  Uncheck all the noise, z-blur, and chrom boxes at the bottom.... 

And finally every 3 days or so when I first log in, I slide the graphics setting slider all the way to low, I hit apply then relog, I then set it to ultra, hit apply and relog, I then set everything back to the above settings, Idk but when I start noticing bad micro stuttering when I do this it fixes it for a couple days.  

Doing all the above things I went from stuttering pretty frequently, to basically just stuttering when scavs and what not spawn in. 

EDIT: and yes put shadows on "HIGH" this is important.. Shadows on low causes terrible stutters, and very inconsistent fps, you will likely lose a few fps with shadows set to high, but it will maintain much better consistent fps.

Edited by ScorxTv