Tyraell

Tarkov needs Endgame

Tyraell

At this moment, the endgame is pretty much level 40 or in other words maxing out your trader loyalty level to get access to all the items for sale. But what is the purpose of maxing up your traders if you have a Flea Market where you can buy almost everything, maybe little bit overpriced. Another thing to mention is that with the flea market you get easier access to quest items - leveling faster. I am not against flea market, since I like the idea of trading between players, but endgame got hit even harder.

Thats why we need to figure out new endgame content, new mechanics, new rules, something new to make people interested in the game after reaching level 40.

I have couple of ideas, and I would like to hear your ideas as well:

1. I would suggest Implementing daily / weekly / monthly quests with unique rewards, which are not tradeable on the market ofc. Something like pmc skins, special gear, visor cleaners, unique guns, or + 1 level strength point after monthly quest, special bigger keybar, opportunity to pick the spawns for X amount of raids, Immunity where scavs dont attack you for X raids, or something like that. I think you get the point.
  2. Another idea is to implement some kind of upgrading your future hideout, not by items tradeable on the market, but only via items looted in the raid.
  3. Another one - make player level experience requirements for next level the same on every other level after 40. So lets say you need 100 000xp to get to level 40, to get to level 41, 42 or from 99 to 100 its still going to be same ammount of XP. That way its more motivating to level up. Its pychological but I think its more exciting to see that number change more often. You can also give something special to players for reaching 100 or X level, skin, or remove his dogtag, special name color in lobby, or name font, etc. etc.

Feel free to come up with something to do after hitting level 40, besides hunting for players without any special incentive.

Edited by TalRasha

MrPerkele

I totally understand your point, however imho you shouldn't complain about lack of endgame in beta phase. There are still lots of locked skills and many new features coming from what I've heard. Also.. Skins? Please no.. I don't even know where to start why is this a bad idea for this game in this phase of development. 

THX_Elite

The fact that there is currently NO end game is a very big problem when it comes to the effectiveness of the beta phase of this great title and the new players that come to it.  While my opinions about what should be added for end game could be listed, it is not my game being developed and the BSG Devs already have their sights set in that regard  (even though it is always subject to subtle changes).  I do like these discussions, however.

There are two main points I'd like to make regarding the path to the end game however...

-MATCHMAKING:  New and lower level PMC's should NOT be matched up against seasoned lvl 40's with hardened passive skills and easy, affordable access to all gear (unless a group was made together).   They have a hard enough time learning the game or making their lovely way down the path towards end game while it's NPC scavs are, by the very nature of the game, hard core (debatable at the moment, i know) and are plagued as well with numerous bugs like the infamous and devastating 100+ yard, one-tap MP 143 shot that blacks out all limbs.  There needs to be a balancing factor/formula when matching PMC's entering a raid regarding their perspective levels. 
For example, matching levels 1-20 in raids and 21-40 is a reasonable starting point.   Matchmaking is a thing, like it or not, in almost ALL skill/level based shooters.

Here is just one of COUNTLESS quotes using the search bar and/or google that validate the need for this:

"Today I went 3 times on factory with my buddy (2-man group), both of us in Forts, M4s and all shiny stuff. We never had any other player in Fort. One game was funny, because 4 other players were hatchlings. We usually encounter people with handguns, sometimes PACAs and AKSUs." 

Edited October 8, 2017 by Forien   (nothing against you personally Forien, for no one has any other objective after level 40....)

....as you can see in this quote and COUNTLESS others if one looks, end game players have nothing better to do but laugh at shooting hatchlings or lower leveled players from the comfort of their armor and passive skills (personally I don't see the fun in that at all, but too each their own).  That is a problem for both new players, end game players AND ESPECIALLY the enjoyment of EfT while in it's beta phase.

-BASIC PASSIVE SKILLS:  Especially this far into the beta testing, resetting every single wipe, the very basic, fundamental and first 4 passive skills: Endurance, Strength, Vitality and Health is cumbersome to the newer players and tiresome/boring to the seasoned players (so much so that "seasoned" players will take advantage of every known gimmick to level these 4 skills to MAX within a week or two of playing). 

While some tweaking with them can be done, most of it has already been finished and they can be left without reset to help new players stand a chance and help those of us that's been around since the dawn not get cheesy as hell with all the known ways to basically exploit the leveling system.  With newer passive skills being added, THOSE can be focused on...

Until the release of the final product, these basic skills that have undergone THE MOST TESTING and the ones that take the longest to level should not be wiped,  imo.    

Feel free to disagree!  Just my personal "input in the a.m." lol,  Cheers!

Edited by THX_Elite
changed passive skills to "basic passive skills" and capitalized it
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hamm

only thing they need to do is put a working anti cheat in.......go watch erotic's video. kid says he hasnt been banned in over a year using cheats.......and some people say the anti cheat works lmao.....

Edited by Hamm
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tyraell
26 minutes ago, THX_Elite said:

MATCHMAKING, BASIC PASSIVE SKILLS

How is matchmaking going to help with endgame ? You want to implement ranks ?

How are presserving the skills going to help with endgame ?

21 minutes ago, Hamm said:

only thing they need to do is put a working anti cheat in

How is anticheat going to help with endgame ? Anticheat is a basic tool, And they probably wont create working anticheat, since cheaters are generating money for them. Buy account, farm money on flea market, sell for real money, get banned , buy new account - repeat.

I consider endgame content something that is worth chasing after you open all your traders, something to achieve ...

@MrPerkele I am sick of listening to the same excusse every time. Its beta ... Come up with something useful please

Edited by TalRasha

Hamm
Just now, TalRasha said:

How is anticheat going to help with endgame ? Anticheat is a basic tool, And they probably wont create working anticheat, since cheaters are generating money for them. Buy account, farm money on flea market, sell for real money, get banned , buy new account - repeat.

I consider endgame content something that is worth chasing after you open all your traders, something to achieve ...

whats it matter what the end game is when youre just going to get cheated................

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Tyraell
1 minute ago, Hamm said:

whats it matter what the end game is when youre just going to get cheated................

Well I understand, but I am trying to stay on the topic of Endgame content.

PardTheTroll

The current "end game" envisioned by Nikita and his Team is:

• Story mode: Escaping the Tarkov
  • Arena Mode: Depending on how it will work out, maybe even competitive viable 
  • Free Roam 

Personally, I do not expect anything like "end game" in the testing phase. That is not, what it is for. I´d rather burn my self out on this little bit we have and be exited for the whole game, when it is done. Besides, BSG has more important issues at hand than "end game". I rather see them improving/fixing/implementing (basic) game mechanics, than anything else.

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Like 3

THX_Elite
40 minutes ago, TalRasha said:

I understand you are trying to stick to the main point of endgame, my opinions just have to do with getting TO the endgame that doesn't even exist...yet.  These discussions, while sometimes engaging are, in large part, not taken into any consideration what-so-ever by anyone of importance (BSG Devs making the "end game")

As for your question:  "rank" is already implemented in the form of PMC LEVEL.  This level, in large part, dictates what your passive skills are. As well as, in a way,  what gear is available to you by means of tasks thus creating a need for PMC level based matchmaking. 

"What does this have to do with end game?"   

WELL, what new player wants to be at the current and cheesy "end game" via the flea market only to be owned by practiced and seasoned players with maxed passive skills....and what practiced and seasoned player with maxed gear and passive skills is going to feel challenged or satisfied by being matched against new players especially when it comes to the current lack of end game tasks, goals, objectives or lack of the upgradeable/maintainable Hideout that was announced so long ago.   

Matchmaking is important and passive skills are a HUGE part of the end game that will be in place.  This is beta, NOT resetting the most basic skills helps players focus on the newer skills being added and other aspects of the game rather than grinding the same thing over and over as well as keeping the field a bit more even while the bugs are being worked out of the rest of the game.

26 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

The current "end game" envisioned by Nikita and his Team is:

• Story mode: Escaping the Tarkov
  • Arena Mode: Depending on how it will work out, maybe even competitive viable 
  • Free Roam 

Personally, I do not expect anything like "end game" in the testing phase. That is not, what it is for. I´d rather burn my self out on this little bit we have and be exited for the whole game, when it is done. Besides, BSG has more important issues at hand than "end game". I rather see them improving/fixing/implementing (basic) game mechanics, than anything else.

This is exactly why my focus was "on the path to end game" 

Edited by THX_Elite
added words.

Himmuguegeli

„End game“. Sounds like a term used in different communities and different games. Escape from Tarkov is a battle simulator. Not an MMORPG.

There will be a Story mode, after that comes free roam and some Arena gameplay. When this is done, DLC´s / Addons are already promised. A game like EFT is truly content driven and the Dev´s know that. But if you are into nolifing games you will be wrong here anyways. It will entertain as long as the experience and content can do that for you. There´s no need for artificial concepts which are in use in MMORPG´s to keep the community nolifing a game with the promise of some high endgame loot/equipment/rank.

This was also never advertised to the costumers. To me a free roam mode, a story, DLC´s being added after release and an arena mode is enough. A game like that was never released before, so if this project does not fail with the promised, it will be more than anything that was delivered before (in the shooter simulation genre), but you are worried about end-game content?

I personally draw most of my enjoyment from the game through the questlines, task´s that give me a reason to suit up with my good stuff. After and while doing that I enjoy the game with friends. That experience is obviously content driven, but I prefer that over any grind fest promised via some end game mechanic. Can´t see a rational reason why this game needs some artificial endgame mechanics that will drive some people into nolifing the game long after the content gets stale.

• Confused 1

Tyraell
21 minutes ago, Himmuguegeli said:

There´s no need for artificial concepts which are in use in MMORPG´s to keep the community nolifing a game with the promise of some high endgame loot/equipment/rank.

What artificial concepts are you talking about? Why would they implement RPG skills like leveling strength, stamina etc. Quests and quest items, thats an RPG concept. You are talking nonsense ...

Who is talking about nolifing, I am talking about something to do after I hit level 40 and finish tasks. And if you think that campaign mode, and deathmatch are enough, you and BSG are wrong.

If you are fine with new guns and gear every now and than, great for you, you are great customer to please but most of the people want something more than promises of single player and arena which is essentially deathmatch (factory).

Tarkov is not a hardcore game, because there are no Hardcore Tarkov gamers that I know of. Game is just not designed for hardcore players. Its designed for casuals. And dont go on me with the excusses around beta. Its getting old after all that time.

• Sad 1

ManiacShogun

I can agree with the fact the game becomes stale after you hit level 40+. I do want to say the fact that I have seen more players that are 40+ in the first week of this update means that the progression needs to be slower for people to continue to stay playing the game later into a wipe cycle. My suggestion would be to lower the amount of exp given for completing tasks and add a daily/weekly task to fence to earn additional exp with your PMC. Something like go to (Insert map name) collect (Insert random item(s) ) and survive the raid (to combat the gamma stuffing of items to earn exp and disconnecting), Turn over to Fence and it becomes for sale by him in his inventory. Items like Gas Ans, GM Counters, Fuel Conditioners, Flash Drives, Keys, Scav Junk, Weapon Attachements. this would also combat the inflated flea market prices and abuse that is currently going on in it, as well as add some later game longevity and boost exp earned in raids. No money would be given for these tasks but you would earn a substantial amount of experience from completing these tasks. Since fence has mostly become useless as the game currently is with the addition of the Flea Market. personally I think this would be a great way to combat some of the issues/"lack of late game content" I personally find with the game as it is right now as well as stop the over inflated pricing of items in the flea market and then the sudden drop of these prices as the wipe progresses into the later days of it. it would also help newer players who don't quite understand what to pick up in a raid and what is essentially useless items that aren't worth your time to grab in a raid. almost like a hard knocks tutorial but you would earn experience in return for doing these tasks. maybe 3 per 24 HR cycle and 1K exp for each daily and weekly ones give 30,40, or 50K exp? and take multiple successful raids, maps, and items to complete in succession so they aren't done in one day or play session. I also believe making these weekly quests I risk, difficultly, and  reward would get some people to go out early game in full "sweaty" gear and try to survive 3-5 raids in a row looking for these high spawn items for a big jump in experience once a week. 

• Thanks 1

ManiacShogun
2 hours ago, THX_Elite said:

-BASIC PASSIVE SKILLS:  Especially this far into the beta testing, resetting every single wipe, the very basic, fundamental and first 4 passive skills: Endurance, Strength, Vitality and Health is cumbersome to the newer players and tiresome/boring to the seasoned players (so much so that "seasoned" players will take advantage of every known gimmick to level these 4 skills to MAX within a week or two of playing). 

While some tweaking with them can be done, most of it has already been finished and they can be left without reset to help new players stand a chance and help those of us that's been around since the dawn not get cheesy as hell with all the known ways to basically exploit the leveling system.  With newer passive skills being added, THOSE can be focused on...

Until the release of the final product, these basic skills that have undergone THE MOST TESTING and the ones that take the longest to level should not be wiped,  imo.    

Feel free to disagree!  Just my personal "input in the a.m." lol,  Cheers!

I do disagree with this statement that the wipe needs to be complete to help make adjustments to the 4 main skills and help combat the "cheesy" ways to level these skills. I personally believe that there needs to be a cap on the amount of exp earned on these skillsbased upon your PMC level to stop the power levelling of these skills by these guys with gammas stuffed with ammo boxes and ammo jumping in a bush all raid or coming in with a inventory full of grenades and tossing them as fast as possible to gain the most strength they can. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

SkyCloud

Masterin all weapons is my end game.

THX_Elite
3 hours ago, ManiacShogun said:

I do disagree with this statement that the wipe needs to be complete to help make adjustments to the 4 main skills and help combat the "cheesy" ways to level these skills. I personally believe that there needs to be a cap on the amount of exp earned on these skillsbased upon your PMC level to stop the power levelling of these skills by these guys with gammas stuffed with ammo boxes and ammo jumping in a bush all raid or coming in with a inventory full of grenades and tossing them as fast as possible to gain the most strength they can. 

Most Definitely a disagreement I can agree with!  lol B|

If they make a big change like that to the 4 main passive skills then I am ALL FOR a full passive skill reset!

Edited by THX_Elite
added...
  • Like 1

Arzzet

Agree with the 2 first ideas stated on post. Disagree with the 3rd.

hell no machmaking this has nothing to do with endgame. The example with the hatchlings at factory.. there could be lvl +30hatchlings, level has little to do with the gear you bring to raid.

agree with that now is not that important the end game for beta testing, and we all know there are planned features for the future, discuss that right now is not very useful as many things will change or be added.

cheers

pleznt

Maps based on leveling up certain abilities, and multiple tasks only available at end game level. Exclusive maps with their own tasks, high risk, high reward.

eg. You just reached level 100. you now Unlock a map where you infiltrate a navy vessel as BEAR using scuba gear which you have to purchase from the traders (kinda like the keycard on labs).

With the task to eliminate a passenger who holds vital information, you must obtain the information, with a secondary task to sabotage the boat and call for extract.
 If the ships alarm is raised this then gives the opposing faction (USEC players) an alert and the option to join in that mission and act as a response team from another nearby navy ship to try protect the asset, information and to stop the boat from sabotage, and attempt to eliminate the BEAR players from extracting.

So players can go in full rambo and incite a battle between bear and usec or players can try gain maximum loot going in with suppressed weapons with subsonic ammunition.

Incredibly hard mission that require pre-planning and team work, opportunist missions with very high risk but maximum reward. Only available to high levels, with a very high potential of setting off that alarm and having other players come in to ruin your day.

Team kills don't apply and items in these matches will be subjected to insurance unless the player was killed by an enemy and acquired by a PMC player of the opposing faction.

Starioshka
On 12/8/2018 at 7:09 PM, THX_Elite said:

-MATCHMAKING:  New and lower level PMC's should NOT be matched up against seasoned lvl 40's with hardened passive skills and easy, affordable access to all gear (unless a group was made together). 

Why is this pathetic low life opinion so prevalent here?

Stop playing this like call of duty.

Hide and cower in fear if you have no gear,

And when the big bad for man turns his back

Zap him with the single BS round you have saved in your pack

Armor being strong is not a problem, matchmaking is not a problem, being alone in a server against 5 m4 forts is not a problem, you are the problem. "But wah wah you are the guy in the 5 group shitting on us"

First of all I don't have friends and second I'm poo at the game and I like it this way, crawling on my belly with a dagger in my teeth is what i signed up for, not this pussy poo you're trying to bring into existence.

Get Good.

• Like 1