TheColdVein

NEW YEAR EVENT in Escape From Tarkov!

15 hours ago, EthicalEmployee said:

What about if i Upgrade from the 14 day trial account to the Edge of darkness account?

What about it? 

I mean whats the question about?

Love the game so far, it has lots of potential and ruthless as hell but it makes it so much more intense. I noticed that the game allows you to hide behind dead bodies and use them as shields. Tested it as a scav vs other scavs and was laying prone behind two corpses someone with a machinegun was firing and it hit the corpse to my right but I didn't take any damage till I stood up and made a run for it. Really nice touch. Happy new year everyone!

Maybe the devs could put in an action with search that allows you, when you are crouching to pull up the corpse for more cover? Just an idea.

Then you could go a step further, if you put stealth kills in the game like managing to sneak up on the enemy and stab or slit their throat, you can draw your side arm too while using them as cover.

Edited by RageXII

57 минут назад, EthicalEmployee сказал:

As in would i lose all my progress (stash, level and quests) or will it just continue?

Yes, sadly to move to the next pack,  you'll have to reset your account, cause it will widen your storage and give you more items, containers .

But if you have a friend, you can try to give him your stuff or money, so he could return them to you after the reset, I've done that previous New Year.

vor einer Stunde schrieb EthicalEmployee:

As in would i lose all my progress (stash, level and quests) or will it just continue?

NO...you can just continue. You can upgrade without losing anything. Just Upgrade and your stash will get bigger and you receive a message from system and you can get your stuff from there like you get Quest stuff or Insurance stuff.

6 hours ago, EthicalEmployee said:

It will continue.

5 hours ago, Dimalungma said:

Yes, sadly to move to the next pack,  you'll have to reset your account, cause it will widen your storage and give you more items, containers .

But if you have a friend, you can try to give him your stuff or money, so he could return them to you after the reset, I've done that previous New Year.

You no longer need to do resets. Of course, unless it's a global wipe for everyone due to a patch or something like that.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone asked it, if my friend activated the 14-day trial, will he be able to use the standard game key code without losing the progress from his 14 day trial? or he has to start all over?

I activated a 14 day key, and when i tried to activate a full game key (I got both from the same friend) I can't activate the full version key because the trial is active... as far as i can tell thats why at least... anyway i wanted to activate the full version so i could use the sale to upgrade (otherwise i won't be able to afford it) so im a bit screwed.... Hope this helps others not make that mistake.

But hay! The game is fantastic!

Edited by LostAmI
additional info

56 minutes ago, sixtehfifteh said:

Not sure if anyone asked it, if my friend activated the 14-day trial, will he be able to use the standard game key code without losing the progress from his 14 day trial? or he has to start all over?

Hello @sixtehfifteh

Your progression is saved on your profile, not on your edition. Therefore, everything done during the 14 days trial will be kept on your profile, and if you get the game again, either with an other trial key or with a full copy of the game, you will keep everything you had like you left it.

@PIG-Mathieu

A friend of mine sent me a 14 day trial key. I used it and have been very satisfied with the product. When he realized how much love the game he sent me a full key for standard edition. However the activation code system displays this error when attempting to use the key. Code not activated. Your version is Standard Edition (USA), promo code version is Standard Edition (USA). I believe this is because the trial is still active. Please contact me soon, as i wish to get the standard activated before the current sale ends. otherwise i won't be able to afford the upgrade.

In an attempt to ensure a swift resolution to this issue i have double checked that i both entered the code properly, and that the code was not another 14 day trial.
However both of these are not the issue. The code is valid and for a full standard version of the game, the code was entered correctly.

I'm desperate to get this issue resolved swiftly, so i can shove more money at you guys to upgrade my account! =D

18 часов назад, Natalino сказал:

It will continue.

You no longer need to do resets. Of course, unless it's a global wipe for everyone due to a patch or something like that.

Oh. Thanks for telling. Sorry for disinformation. Had'n upgraded anything for 6 months - didn't know about the update

20 hours ago, Natalino said:

It will continue.

Hi there! I was playing the 14 days free trial and decide to buy the game (Left behind edition), my stash have the same space that the previous version (standar for the free trial), how can I upgrade the space stash to my version with their content? 

1 hour ago, dnstuffiddqd said:

Hi there! I was playing the 14 days free trial and decide to buy the game (Left behind edition), my stash have the same space that the previous version (standar for the free trial), how can I upgrade the space stash to my version with their content? 

Restart the game. If it is still an issue, contact support. 

I would like to thank BSG for the free standard editon they gave me. It's a lovely way to spread the joy of Tarkov to other players. The more friend I have that play the game the nicer it will get. 

I enjoy the free equipment (Keychain!) and the 2 trail keys. But I would not expect to get a free game.

Very nice gesture for sure. And a nice start of the year for one of my friends.

I also feel a big shame for all the toxic reactions BSG is getting. Not only for the gameplay and bugs and update releases. But also for the extra things they do for the community. Look at the recent things that Bethesda did with FallOut 76. They are a big company with a bigger budget and a bad customer service. 

Here we see BattleStateGames, being a much smaller company with (i assume) a much smaller budget doing so much extra for the community. And then to read some of the very toxic comments, some people should feel very ashamed about this. I hope that BSG releases there is still a larger group that DOES appreciate the the game and the extra's we get.

I hope that in this new year we can all work on making this game better, and try to understand the difference between constructive criticism and just nagging...

Thanks again BSG, Happy new year to you and all of the EFT community!

SirGaara

• Hot 1

16 hours ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Hello @sixtehfifteh

Your progression is saved on your profile, not on your edition. Therefore, everything done during the 14 days trial will be kept on your profile, and if you get the game again, either with an other trial key or with a full copy of the game, you will keep everything you had like you left it.

I have this issue. I just get Edge of darkness limited edition but my stash and pouch are still like on free trial version. Alloso i didn't get any free stuff.  Plesase help.

Edited by RemedyCTB

18 minutes ago, RemedyCTB said:

I have this issue. I just get Edge of darkness limited edition but my stash and pouch are still like on free trial version. Alloso i didn't get any free stuff.  Plesase help.

Hello,

Can you please report this issue to the support center ?

I have seen this issue before, I will look into it as soon as possible.

• Thanks 1

Greetings!

Will the Promo-Code for the Standard Edition become invalid after the Event ends or can I keep it until I found a person that I'd gift the game to?
I know that the 14-Day Trial keys perish with the 6th of January 2019 but I can't tell if the Promo-Code is permanent or not.

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Hello,

Can you please report this issue to the support center ?

I have seen this issue before, I will look into it as soon as possible.

Done!

Thanks for help!

10 minutes ago, CCFogapatapon77 said:

Greetings!

Will the Promo-Code for the Standard Edition become invalid after the Event ends or can I keep it until I found a person that I'd gift the game to?
I know that the 14-Day Trial keys perish with the 6th of January 2019 but I can't tell if the Promo-Code is permanent or not.

Thank you!

Nope, the Standard key will not expire. Check here:

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/89291-new-year-event-in-escape-from-tarkov/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-1362763

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Natalino said:

Restart the game. If it is still an issue, contact support. 

Need to restart from my profile or launcher right? I lost my stash or progression with this?
Or can I wait until friday, maybe I will upgrade de version, to see if upgrades

22 hours ago, LostAmI said:

@PIG-Mathieu

A friend of mine sent me a 14 day trial key. I used it and have been very satisfied with the product. When he realized how much love the game he sent me a full key for standard edition. However the activation code system displays this error when attempting to use the key. Code not activated. Your version is Standard Edition (USA), promo code version is Standard Edition (USA). I believe this is because the trial is still active. Please contact me soon, as i wish to get the standard activated before the current sale ends. otherwise i won't be able to afford the upgrade.

In an attempt to ensure a swift resolution to this issue i have double checked that i both entered the code properly, and that the code was not another 14 day trial.
However both of these are not the issue. The code is valid and for a full standard version of the game, the code was entered correctly.

I'm desperate to get this issue resolved swiftly, so i can shove more money at you guys to upgrade my account! =D

Can you let me know if you sort this out, as i want to give the standard key to someone that is just on the 14 day trial key also, cheers