dinosamir

Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?

5,217 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?

• Yes
    • No

dinosamir

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Hot 2
  • Cold 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 55
  • Upvote 12

swats73

Will be interesting to see how this pans out. 

• Upvote 3

Excilium

In my opinion, it is much needed. After playing since the beginning of the wipe, I have manually reset my account a few days ago, I am having a lot of fun but am already closing in on LVL30. Regardless of my own experience, many people still have absurd amounts of money left over from abusing the Flea Market and the majority of players I am running into are geared up with Fort (etc.) and silenced M4 or another high-end weapon.

Though it must be noted that while this is what I think, it does not seem to be too popular with those at the subreddit. I made a thread a week back and got noticeable backlash and negative comments on the issue. Wiping now after saying there will be no wipe in the patch notes may only serve to anger some who for whatever reason still hold on to their gear and levels. Regardless of what happens, I'm really excited for Labs and all the new content.

• Like 23
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 30
  • Upvote 6

ReliquiaR

just no i just farmed my ass and i want to play now so  i dont want wipe 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 12
  • Upvote 8

Majlo

Personally I do not want a wipe.

All wipes do for me is force me to rebuild my stash, and re-do my quests.

I like permanent progress, and dislike the concept of resetting.

• Like 29
  • Cold 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 9

Reconic

We would love to see your votes escapers!

• Like 6
  • Hot 3
  • Confused 1

y3arzer0

The only reason I don't want the wipe this time around is to just try out the new weapons and mods for a little bit considering .12 won't be too far off.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

fankk

Are you really going to go back on your word for no wipe this soon before the alleged drop of the patch? Come on rofl.

A little consistency would go a long way.

Edited by fankk
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 12

Darkmonkeyboy

Deff wipe . Wipes are the best time to play the game , and it’s why most of the people come back to tarkov. Everyone starts same lv/gear and so much more fun knowing your not going to get the fully geared player killing you straight away.Only played 6ish weeks last wipe then stopped , I’m coming back for 0.11 but I’ll still have full stash / lv 40ish think I was ,and all the money I need to buy all the new gear , so won’t give much playtime other than completing the new quests with patch, and exploring the new lv. Sure after trying same lv all day say 30+ times , will be fun but then limited play afterwards. 

If wiped, easily great month of playing time. And before anyone says ( as been playing for years now ever since factory was the only map you could play and was so buggy you couldn’t move  ) I know wipes will cease when full game out / but then by then new gameplay mechanics will be introduced and won’t be needed. 

So yes , wipe would be great though I know not needed from a development point of view , but for a gameplay view with new content then yes . The people I play will also share this as we all agree best time to play is when wipe it’s also when we have most fun playing tarko.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 15
  • Upvote 2

Poonberry

I will not play if theres a wipe, i'm sick of the wipes.  Make it for .12

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Cold 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 13

Racerking1010

I believe a wipe would be a good thing with the new location coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cold 2
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 2

Poonberry

Why do you think the player base is SO LOW after .10?  Because everyone is sick of the wipes

• Like 1
  • Hot 2
  • Cold 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 9
  • Upvote 12

JenaPlissken
5 minutes ago, fankk said:

Are you really going to go back on your word for no wipe this soon before the alleged drop of the patch? Come on rofl.

A little consistency would go a long way.

People keep cry that they ignore the community, now they are asking you your opinion and you say stick with your plan, ignore us.

"A little consistency would go a long way."

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

Poonberry
1 minute ago, JenaPlissken said:

People keep cry that they ignore the community, now they are asking you your opinion and you say stick with your plan, ignore us.

"A little consistency would go a long way."

Look at the poll...

• Confused 1

DigitalVortex92
1 minute ago, Poonberry said:

Why do you think the player base is SO LOW after .10?  Because everyone is sick of the wipes

I think this is factually, 100% incorrect. I think a majority of new players benefit from coming in during a wipe. Due to the ability to not have to deal with fully geared people 100% of the time. I for one, understand and accept that this has to happen in order help develop game progression. Many games are like this and went through processes like this. I think you're just upset that you grind only to have to do it again, rather than always having fully unlocked content 100% of the time. Most streamers agree that wipes are a necessary part of the process in order to retain interest in the game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

TOPR

PLEASE GOD DO NOT WIPE

SIMPLY BECAUSE I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE ALL THE NEW GEAR ONCE IT IS RELEASED

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 5

Lightel

If there's no technical reason to do it, i wouldn't like a wipe. Wich is also very close to the previous one...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Blitzoi

Normally I would agree with a wipe, but considering the amount of content you're adding, 21 new quests and all the new gear, I would prefer to be able to try all of that now instead of going through the process of grinding to get to the new stuff. At the same time a wipe would really help with some tweaks to the leveling, because this time it was hella easy to get to 40 without even doing all the missions.

Your choice in the end, we'll play anyway :scwhink:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

l3thaldose50

yes screw the casual players!

• Like 4
  • Hot 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

DigitalVortex92
2 minutes ago, Lightel said:

If there's no technical reason to do it, i wouldn't like a wipe. Wich is also very close to the previous one...

The technical reason is new progression. I think a medium would be to introduce the new gear for a week, and then wipe. This allows people to test it, while also resetting progression to enable testing of it and the balancing of the new gear/weapons

Edit:

@l3thaldose50, this helps some in regards to your complaints. It's an EA game. Keep that in mind. Never once did they guarantee an equal level of play for all types of gamers in this state. 

Edited by DigitalVortex92
  • Upvote 2

smellyPVT

can you guys just stick to what you say for once?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Drunkcowboy

maybe a partial wipe would be best

ScorxTv

If a wipe will be required for the update containing the hideout, which is supposed to come shortly after .11, I do not see a reason to wipe now. 

• Like 1

Poonberry
10 minutes ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

I think this is factually, 100% incorrect. I think a majority of new players benefit from coming in during a wipe. Due to the ability to not have to deal with fully geared people 100% of the time. I for one, understand and accept that this has to happen in order help develop game progression. Many games are like this and went through processes like this. I think you're just upset that you grind only to have to do it again, rather than always having fully unlocked content 100% of the time. Most streamers agree that wipes are a necessary part of the process in order to retain interest in the game.

Nothing you said proves what i said to be wrong.  You cannot deny that the raids are empty when compared to .9.  I agree with what you said, but my comment is still true and you kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

l3thaldose50
7 minutes ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

The technical reason is new progression. I think a medium would be to introduce the new gear for a week, and then wipe. This allows people to test it, while also resetting progression to enable testing of it and the balancing of the new gear/weapons

Edit:

@l3thaldose50, this helps some in regards to your complaints. It's an EA game. Keep that in mind. Never once did they guarantee an equal level of play for all types of gamers in this state. 

honestly sick of doing these quests over and over, I'm sick of the tedious grind of playing on maps I dont want to play just so I can get needed items. It forces you to have a different play style, do a bunch of suicide hatchet runs etc... in 1 week guys will be fully geared anyways, and I wont even have an optic to put on my garbage gun

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3