dinosamir

Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?

Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?  

5,217 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?

• Yes
    • No

Since I've made a lot of progress this wipe I'd rather not wipe. Apart from my selfish reason not to wipe I think it's healthy for the flea market that we cut down on wipes. 

I say wipe it for the sake of the several thousand trial keys being given out. If we want to grow the game and generate sales, is placing people who have no experience in the game in raids where almost everyone is wearing end-game gear very smart? 

No, it isn't. You will have people who are just learning the mechanics getting destroyed by people with suppressed ARs and heavy armor, when they have no AP ammo or armor to wear themselves. You will drive a lot of people away from the game because their first impressions will be getting destroyed by level 30s/40s/50s. Wiping the game (Stashes at least) will at leave give them a fair chance to kill people when neither of them are wearing armor for the first few days. 

Please wipe it. This is a prime opportunity to get new people into Tarkov. At least stash wipe.

edit: people entering Tarkov at the start of the wipe cycle gives two things, the ability to get poo on, and the ability to realize that they can compete if they unlock gear and grind out a stash. When they are facing off against heavy armor bullet sponges that can eat 30 rounds of 9mm no problem, what impression do they get? They don't get to see how they have a chance too. 

Edited by ThorTheViking
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, ThorTheViking said:

I say wipe it for the sake of the several thousand trial keys being given out. If we want to grow the game and generate sales, is placing people who have no experience in the game in raids where almost everyone is wearing end-game gear very smart? 

No, it isn't. You will have people who are just learning the mechanics getting destroyed by people with suppressed ARs and heavy armor, when they have no AP ammo or armor to wear themselves. You will drive a lot of people away from the game because their first impressions will be getting destroyed by level 30s/40s/50s. Wiping the game (Stashes at least) will at leave give them a fair chance to kill people when neither of them are wearing armor for the first few days. 

Please wipe it. This is a prime opportunity to get new people into Tarkov. At least stash wipe.

edit: people entering Tarkov at the start of the wipe cycle gives two things, the ability to get poo on, and the ability to realize that they can compete if they unlock gear and grind out a stash. When they are facing off against heavy armor bullet sponges that can eat 30 rounds of 9mm no problem, what impression do they get? They don't get to see how they have a chance too. 

hardcore games aren't for everyone. Everyone struggles when they are just learning. veterans have a huge advantage regardless of the gear. Give's them something to work toward. we can't reset for every new player

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb l3thaldose50:

hardcore games aren't for everyone. Everyone struggles when they are just learning. veterans have a huge advantage regardless of the gear. Give's them something to work toward. we can't reset for every new player

It's not for every new player, its just for the test keys we get and because people are gonna buy it for christmas... 

2 minutes ago, l3thaldose50 said:

we can't reset for every new player

What about several thousand, who will have lots of time on holidays to play? Thousands of people will be getting trial keys to give out. 

Edited by ThorTheViking

23 minutes ago, ThorTheViking said:

What about several thousand, who will have lots of time on holidays to play? Thousands of people will be getting trial keys to give out. 

well there is also those people who have very little time even during the holidays. and they can't say NO wipe and then fcking do a wipe anyways, then there is better to not write anything at all.

1 minute ago, andyktm said:

and they can't say NO wipe and then fcking do a wipe anyways, then there is better to not write anything at all.

So they can't change their mind if a significant part of the community voices their wishes one way or the other in response to an official announcement within a couple days?

1 minute ago, ThorTheViking said:

So they can't change their mind if a significant part of the community voices their wishes one way or the other in response to an official announcement within a couple days?

Then why even mention it in the beginning. just do a poll before even mention anything about a wipe or not.

1 minute ago, andyktm said:

Then why even mention it in the beginning. just do a poll before even mention anything about a wipe or not.

Ok, so the devs can't have an idea, and then consult the community after people speak out about it, great.

Just now, ThorTheViking said:

Ok, so the devs can't have an idea, and then consult the community after people speak out about it, great.

The thing is the people who doesn't have the time to play as much will most likely miss this poll.

Hideout isn't even implemented yet, and it's an upcoming feature for 0.12(according to Nikita's roadmap), so no, wiping this early doesn't make sense and it will only make the testing slower. We're in testing phase, not the final product. Changing progression just because users want a "fair experience" will not garner them enough datas to gather from feedbacks provided by testers. Wipe can come in 0.12 where the actual mechanical change(Hideout) comes.

3 minutes ago, lstr85 said:

Hideout isn't even implemented yet, and it's an upcoming feature for 0.12(according to Nikita's roadmap), so no, wiping this early doesn't make sense and it will only make the testing slower.

What about the prospect of adding several thousand new testers via the trial keys? I'm just trying to be the devil's advocate here. Nobody seems to be able to think about this outside of their own desire to keep their stash. 

Just now, ThorTheViking said:

What about the prospect of adding several thousand new testers via the trial keys? I'm just trying to be the devil's advocate here. Nobody seems to be able to think about this outside of their own desire to keep their stash. 

Wipe the stash and money  but nothing more.

21 minutes ago, ThorTheViking said:

It's not just about the stash. It's about progression of the game which is still sluggish and repetitive for testing phase. And about thousands of new testers, BSG did the same last year: no wipe, just adding new contents which had no big impact technical-wise. I don't see a difference in this update either.

Edited by lstr85
Semantics

No, i don't want to see wipe yet, in 0.12 yes, but no now.

If you want make such wipe only because of new players then forget about it and just extend trials or re-activate them once 0.12 will be up.

New players will have hard time anyway, if you wipe, then they won't have bigger chance of trying more expansive weapons because :
- THey will have hard time with getting higher lvl/unlock quests/learnig maps etc.
- Their friends will have no money to help them

Also keep in mind that new players don't know mechanics/maps etc. So EVEN if there would be a wipe, they will just die to more experienced player again and again. No matter if they have gen4 or naked with mosin. We know EFT, they don't, that makes like 90/10 odds for us no matter what they have (Ofc if they have gen4 and we have mosin/shotgun odds are a little better for them but still more experienced player should win).

But if you are so scared about those trials/new players then:
- Tell players that they should help their friends, because if someone does not know EFT at all, he will be just pushed back since there is no guide/game does not tell what you should do/how things works.
- Give trial accounts more items on start (it won't hurt economy anymore since everyone got a lot of cash)
- Preapre "packages" from, let say, Prapor which will arrive at their 3rd day, 7 th day and 10 th day of trial with some extra ammo/weapons/armors/vests/money

3rd day -> Some Sks/shotguns/pistols/paca/vepr/mosin/ammo (Ofc x of them)
7th day -> AK/AKM/More autoamtic weapons i.e. AK family/untar/ammo
10th day -> M4/Fal/M14/gen4/untar/fort/ammo

But no wipe in 0.11, no point of that.

3 hours ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

How many suicide hatchet runs do you see a streamer like Klean running? (I only have experience from him so I'm lacking in the EFT stream setting) He does none, because you don't have to... EVER. Scav runs, geared runs, and the flea market allow you to avoid having to do that.

3 hours ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

"Best option" vs most fun option are 2 different things. You should focus on making the game fun for yourself, not grindy to the point of exhaustion. You don't have to level as fast as the fastest players to have a chance... by any stretch.

The veteran players and just heavily-experienced PvP FPS players in general need to stop telling everyone how stupidly easy everything is in EFT.  There are endless posts like "I've wiped a whole squad, all fully-geared without armor and  just [insert your weapon here, usually a pistol or baby ak or mosin].  It doesn't matter what you've accomplished once or twice or whatever, your tales of that one great raid where you killed the whole squad with a toothpick do not generalize to the rest of your raids, nor to everyone else's raids. 

As much as I dislike the game mechanic of hatchet running, as long as it so very open to abuse by the individuals who rush loot spawns, gamma the loot and disconnect just to make money, it should not be looked down upon as a tool for noobs or pvp-avoiders.  After 3 wipes or so, I know how to put on an effective kit and almost never go pure hatchet, always at least carrying a gun or pistol.  If I go ultralight, usually for one of the stupider quests, I keep a good little gun or pistol in my gamma so I can pull it out when I reach the point where I have something to protect. And can you honestly say that you never run hatchet-disconnect over and over for an important key or two?

To suggest that players do not need to level as fast as possible is something that I think most players would disagree with, at least in practice.  The veteran players on threads like this will say leveling fast is unimportant, then on other threads boast about how they got to 40 in a few days or a week.  There is a huge disparity in ammo effectiveness between the 'best' ammo and the '2nd best', in some cases the difference between an armor kill in 3 rounds vs one in 20+ rounds.  Even players with levels in the high 30's still may not have direct access to 7.62 BP ammo an m995 and so forth.  Now that we have the flea market, it is a little easier to get better ammo, but not any cheaper! 

Finally, the suggestion to go play a scav more often is not practical if you want to level - you do not get storyline XP as a scav, and to get access to better stuff, you need to always be earning XP.  

I don't really want a wipe.  I'd survive it, but it would be like, 'oh sh1t, here we go again'. I finally have BOTH Kiba gun shop keys... I mean, come on... :P 

The guys who really want a wipe should just voluntarily reset, because I expect most of them will still get to full gear ahead of the rest, because they have the time to play, and the player skills to succeed with minimal kit anyway.

Lastly, as a future comment, what if we just disconnected ammo and weapon and armor availability from XP? Let XP gains give you something else useful, but not so essential that we all rush our quests for access to it.  It would be fun to take the quests more in stride, and do them along the way, as part of the natural game play, and not be forced to play specific maps or run dozens of times to get things like 6 fuel conditioners, because the hatchet-runners get there first so often.  Tie gear and ammo and weapons to quests that are openly available early in the progression, but where XP isn't involved.  It is fine to require players to learn the different maps or play in styles and ways outside of their comfort zone some of the time, but to hide so much stuff behind XP is really just encouraging hatchet runs and cheesy play techniques.

And I don't think anyone has grounds to complain about campers, including bush or exit campers, so long as there are PvP quests that are essential to obtaining better ammo, weapons and gear.  Make the arena or an arena mode, and let the pvp quests be arena quests or arena achievements.  OK, enough from me, just sharing.  :schappy:

5 hours ago, Nihauk said:

for me its the opposite i would start playing again if they wipe it if they dont wipe it i wouldnt play it much 'cause everybody would just kill me with their full gear lvl 40 accounts

You can kill anyone, with any gear at any damn level you just have to know how to play the game. 

I have nearly not played since 0.10.5 because i was late to start of patch. One week later i showed up and everyone was running fort and fast mt and mp7.

progression is fked up, xp gains are way off the charts, no one should be able to do what Pestily did, etc.

so yes wipe. I basically stopped playing like a lot of my friends because there is no good balance in the persistent side of the game and wipe is the only time when we enjoy playing.

2 hours ago, ThorTheViking said:

oh god thats a fair point they are going to get turbo stomped if they walk into this with 3/4th of the people in the game running around in gen4 with m4's that recoil like mp5's 

Maybe they should wipe it and just hand out a couple of the new items for people to test  maybe a random section from all of the new ones 

I worry that people will just get there traders to 4 before the end of this patch and then leave in the first week of having very little to do but stomp on newbs.

Everyone, 

We are gathering poll data on "wipe or no wipe" for patch 0.11 throughout all communities via the forum and social media. Please, make sure to vote in this because it will determine the decision on it.

Your opinions/wants matter!

Thank you!