Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?

5,217 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

If you want to wipe every freaking patch, you better drop some HUGE ducking content bombs, so we have different poo to do other than the same ducking "Kill 10 scavs here" grab the stupid watch.....

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DigitalVortex92

• Poonberry

• l3thaldose50

• Nihauk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my opinion, it is much needed. After playing since the beginning of the wipe, I have manually reset my account a few days ago, I am having a lot of fun but am already closing in on LVL30. Regardles

just no i just farmed my ass and i want to play now so  i dont want wipe 

Posted Images

DigitalVortex92
Just now, Poonberry said:

Nothing you said proves what i said to be wrong.  You cannot deny that the raids are empty when compared to .9.  I agree with what you said, but my comment is still true and you kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I think emptiness comes from completion, not because of wipes. Streamers not playing or getting bored is a result of completed quests and progression. Klean, as one example, gets really into the early game content, but starts to drag a bit when in late game. It's a side effect of the lack of end-game content.

I agree with you that there are much smaller numbers and something can probably be done in the middle of a wipe/partial-wipe to no wipe at all, but I think if progression is affected, so should the inventory you have access to. It's early access. You don't pay for a full experience. You pay for an in-development experience, as annoying as that can be sometimes.

• Like 1
Just now, DigitalVortex92 said:

I think emptiness comes from completion, not because of wipes. Streamers not playing or getting bored is a result of completed quests and progression. Klean, as one example, gets really into the early game content, but starts to drag a bit when in late game. It's a side effect of the lack of end-game content.

I agree with you that there are much smaller numbers and something can probably be done in the middle of a wipe/partial-wipe to no wipe at all, but I think if progression is affected, so should the inventory you have access to. It's early access. You don't pay for a full experience. You pay for an in-development experience, as annoying as that can be sometimes.

I totally agree.  Except this game isn't supposed to revolve around streamers.  I love Klean, but half his ideas i do not like.  With the new patch, there is ZERO change to player progression.

• Like 1
Gerade eben schrieb Poonberry:

If you want to wipe every freaking patch, you better drop some HUGE ducking content bombs, so we have different poo to do other than the same ducking "Kill 10 scavs here" grab the stupid watch.....

The huge content bomb is 5 new guns a new map and a new scav boss and i dont know how many new backpacks etc. 

If that is not huge enough for u, than idk what to do, this is the one of the biggest content bombs ever.

• Like 2
Drunkcowboy
1 minute ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

I agree with what you are saying; however, I don't think there is a lack of endgame content, as in gear. If you mean end game content as in a purpose or goal other than just PVP, then yes that is lacking and what kills the player base once everyone has no more goal to strive for.

If they dropped more than 3 guns, a handful of attachments, and only 1 additional map, i wouldn't be too mad.  But the fact that they only drop small amount of "new" stuff and the fact that i'm going to have to do all the same dumb tasks on the same maps over again is annoying.

• Upvote 1
DigitalVortex92
2 minutes ago, l3thaldose50 said:

honestly sick of doing these quests over and over, I'm sick of the tedious grind of playing on maps I dont want to play just so I can get needed items. It forces you to have a different play style, do a bunch of suicide hatchet runs etc... in 1 week guys will be fully geared anyways, and I wont even have an optic to put on my garbage gun

How many suicide hatchet runs do you see a streamer like Klean running? (I only have experience from him so I'm lacking in the EFT stream setting) He does none, because you don't have to... EVER. Scav runs, geared runs, and the flea market allow you to avoid having to do that. Hell, bring in a mosin or a pistol and have fun with it. No one is forcing you to suicide hatchet run. And yeah, a lot of people are geared, but I'm a level 5 (or something close) in game right now cause I didnt play this patch, and I still shwacked a crap ton of sweaty players. Mosins are fantastic at doing that... if you play tactically. There are more avenues to advancement then just repetitive grinding. Give yourself a challenge next time you level from a wipe. NATO only guns, etc.... there are a lot of things you can do

Just now, Drunkcowboy said:

I agree with what you are saying; however, I don't think there is a lack of endgame content, as in gear. If you mean end game content as in a purpose or goal other than just PVP, then yes that is lacking and what kills the player base once everyone has no more goal to strive for.

Exactly. I'm more so targeting the lack of end-game progression goals. Once you do quests and unlock gear, there's nothing to do other than repetitive raids with max gear (unless you challenge yourself). So I fully agree with you in that regard and should have been more specific

• Like 1
vor 1 Minute schrieb Poonberry:

If they dropped more than 3 guns, a handful of attachments, and only 1 additional map, i wouldn't be too mad.  But the fact that they only drop small amount of "new" stuff and the fact that i'm going to have to do all the same dumb tasks on the same maps over again is annoying.

the patchnotes for 0.11. More than 3 guns, a new scav boss and a new map

How many suicide hatchet runs do you see a streamer like Klean running? (I only have experience from him so I'm lacking in the EFT stream setting) He does none, because you don't have to... EVER. Scav runs, geared runs, and the flea market allow you to avoid having to do that. Hell, bring in a mosin or a pistol and have fun with it. No one is forcing you to suicide hatchet run. And yeah, a lot of people are geared, but I'm a level 5 (or something close) in game right now cause I didnt play this patch, and I still shwacked a crap ton of sweaty players. Mosins are fantastic at doing that... if you play tactically. There are more avenues to advancement then just repetitive grinding. Give yourself a challenge next time you level from a wipe. NATO only guns, etc.... there are a lot of things you can do

Whos doing hatchet runs?  I've done zero in the last two patches.  I love going into woods with a mosin and a glock?  You assume alot without knowing literally anything about my play style.  I love this game, but if progression doesn't change i do not agree with a wipe.

Just now, Nihauk said:

the patchnotes for 0.11. More than 3 guns, a new scav boss and a new map

It was sarcasm...

Themessiah262

This may be a bit of an unpopular opinion but here i go.

I really feel that a stash wipe would be welcome to get everyone back to the same level gear-wise. But i spent a long ass time grinding levels and quests (which personally i find somewhat un-fun) to get my traders leveled up and resetting that just means i have to do it all again. This will be the fourth or so wipe i have experianced, meaning that this will be about the fourth time i have had to repeat the exact same quests again.

With the upcoming newyear gift and perhaps letting people re-accept the other newyear gift too, the people that want gear would still get a decent bit to start with and those that want a wipe still get one.

TLDR:

I wouldn't mind a stash wipe to bring gear to an equal level, but please dont make me grind the same long monotonous quests again for the fourth time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
l3thaldose50

a lot of people do it, not every task but some of them its the best option

DigitalVortex92
3 minutes ago, Poonberry said:

I totally agree.  Except this game isn't supposed to revolve around streamers.  I love Klean, but half his ideas i do not like.  With the new patch, there is ZERO change to player progression.

That is 100%. I agree streamers shouldn't always be a main focal point. But they are extremely good at getting data. If your most popular players aren't playing anymore, what's that to say about other people who agree with him (which I can tell you a lot of people do). It's hard to find a proper middle ground no doubt, but I think a wipe would bring back players in this case.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Poonberry:

Whos doing hatchet runs?  I've done zero in the last two patches.  I love going into woods with a mosin and a glock?  You assume alot without knowing literally anything about my play style.  I love this game, but if progression doesn't change i do not agree with a wipe.

It was sarcasm...

I'm sorry to misunderstand you but its hard to tell if one means it or if its just sarcasm

DigitalVortex92
1 minute ago, Poonberry said:

It was sarcasm...

My comments on hatchet runs wasn't targeted at you. I quoted the person I was talking to. Specifically that guy saying he had to do suicide hatchet runs.

DigitalVortex92
1 minute ago, l3thaldose50 said:

a lot of people do it, not every task but some of them its the best option

"Best option" vs most fun option are 2 different things. You should focus on making the game fun for yourself, not grindy to the point of exhaustion. You don't have to level as fast as the fastest players to have a chance... by any stretch.

l3thaldose50
3 minutes ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

"Best option" vs most fun option are 2 different things. You should focus on making the game fun for yourself, not grindy to the point of exhaustion. You don't have to level as fast as the fastest players to have a chance... by any stretch.

thats the problem, this game forces me to do stuff that is not fun. some of these tasks suck and are a grind fest. its quicker sometimes to run in with a hatchet to get it over with. also im still level 1 ragman because I despise interchange, that means no good armor (wait level 2)

Edited by l3thaldose50
Canadiangahndi

Reading a lot of replies in here and on reddit and I really think they need to hold off on a wipe. This game is great but too many people play it 40+ hours a week like its a job. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, but I a long with tons of others are going to be traveling for the holidays and enjoying time with friends and family. If they wipe it all the people that are already insanely bored will grind it and have max level gear in 2 weeks again and then complain about how theres nothing to do. duck that's what I did my first wipe.

Edited by Canadiangahndi
Swearing
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
DigitalVortex92
1 minute ago, l3thaldose50 said:

thats the problem, this game forces me to do stuff that is not fun. some of these tasks suck and are a grind fest. its quicker sometimes to run in with a hatchet to get it over with

The game doesn't force you to do anything. You can choose... EXACTLY... how you want to play the game. It's your own fault if you feel you need to hatchet run to get USB sticks or condensed milk. There are other alternatives that I've done in previous patches where I've avoided hatchet runs and enjoyed it more than when I did 30-40 hatchet runs just to get 2 usb sticks.

2 minutes ago, Poonberry said:

If we're going to use streamers as examples, how many have now added different games int otheir rotation

I'm not saying people haven't stopped playing. I'm simply saying that some find it boring once they reach a certain point and switch games. That being said, who are we as viewers to tell streamers what to play. Maybe they just wanna add a new game into rotation to avoid burnout of playing one game for 10 hours a day for a month straight

• Upvote 1