Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?

5,217 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a wipe in patch 0.11?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

DigitalVortex92
2 minutes ago, ScorxTv said:

I'll counter your entire opinion on the wipe in 1 sentence.  There will be one with the hideout update, which will be shortly after .11. 

Oh well? "Shortly after" could mean longer than you think, especially with early access. And again, you assume I take a hard stance on a wipe. I'd rather find a middle ground to bring players back and allow players who don't grind to experience the new stuff. But I don't think simply not wiping is the way to do it. I think something has to be done to ensure both of the above conditions

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DigitalVortex92

• Poonberry

• l3thaldose50

• Nihauk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my opinion, it is much needed. After playing since the beginning of the wipe, I have manually reset my account a few days ago, I am having a lot of fun but am already closing in on LVL30. Regardles

just no i just farmed my ass and i want to play now so  i dont want wipe 

Posted Images

vor 2 Minuten schrieb l3thaldose50:

level doesnt matter, a bullet to the head is a bullet to the head. It's not hard to kill higher level, plus the following week they will pass you, youre better off where you are at now 

Well a bullet in a face visor is a bullet in a face visor, i cant realy do much if they have better armor and better guns, i cant 1 shot them if they have a helmet with a visor

DigitalVortex92
Just now, Nihauk said:

Well a bullet in a face visor is a bullet in a face visor, i cant realy do much if they have better armor and better guns, i cant 1 shot them if they have a helmet with a visor

You can with a mosin and SNB rounds :)

l3thaldose50
3 minutes ago, Nihauk said:

they got that better armor and guns because they are better at the game. no offense I run into these guys too. If I dont have an advantage on them I wait for it, or avoid them(or they have more time) This is part of life, its not always fair

2 minutes ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

You can with a mosin and SNB rounds :)

this! this is how I play. I wreck fools with the mosin

Edited by l3thaldose50
  • Like 1
DigitalVortex92
2 minutes ago, l3thaldose50 said:

yeah but they will pass him up in 1 day anyways, the people going fully kitted are usually better than less geared

That might be so, but you're not always playing against the same people in every raid. I mean, just on Klean's stream I see a wide diversity of fully geared players to hatchlings. Not everyone has level 40 gear in every raid. To assume that would be the case is wildly inaccurate. That being said though, with a new boss, most likely that's all you will see until people find a strategy to deal with him with lower quality gear. That's kinda of the nature of new things. But imagine if people had to start with low quality gear and then finally beat him like a raid boss. The feeling when you do that is beyond fantastic. IF you are in full fort/level 5 helmet with the best weapons, the adrenaline (in my opinion) is lessened. Not everyone is that way, but I know a lot that are.

l3thaldose50
1 minute ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

That might be so, but you're not always playing against the same people in every raid. I mean, just on Klean's stream I see a wide diversity of fully geared players to hatchlings. Not everyone has level 40 gear in every raid. To assume that would be the case is wildly inaccurate. That being said though, with a new boss, most likely that's all you will see until people find a strategy to deal with him with lower quality gear. That's kinda of the nature of new things. But imagine if people had to start with low quality gear and then finally beat him like a raid boss. The feeling when you do that is beyond fantastic. IF you are in full fort/level 5 helmet with the best weapons, the adrenaline (in my opinion) is lessened. Not everyone is that way, but I know a lot that are.

he's only talking about the players that go in fully geared and he isnt able to, which is why he justifies needing a wipe

DigitalVortex92

image.thumb.png.141262771f24a591be51b623e88602ff.pngMosin night raid with no helmet and only a few meds, and I come out with this. This was satisfying as hell for me, even if only a scav boss kill.

I hope that whatever happens with the new patch, that I can feel this when playing and kill... Killa 

Edited by DigitalVortex92
l3thaldose50
2 minutes ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

image.thumb.png.141262771f24a591be51b623e88602ff.pngMosin night raid with no helmet and only a few meds, and I come out with this. This was satisfying as hell for me, even if only a scav boss kill.

I hope that whatever happens with the new patch, that I can feel this when playing and kill... Killa 

thats always the best. mosin is awesome, I like slower gameplay though

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SirKillsalot said:

Probably shouldn't be playing an early access game then.

I know very well what I signed up for, and that wipes and resets need to happen DURING parts of game development.

But,

I don't see why we need a wipe now, or for that matter, any other time than when something massive gets added/changed that will mess with any previous progress (like a progressable/upgradeable hideout gets added).

I see NO reason for a wipe/reset "just because" or "game is most fun early wipe" etc.

I was simply giving my thoughts on if there aught to be a reset so soon, and with such insignificent additions to the game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DigitalVortex92 said:

This is how my Woods Mosin runs have been for the last week.  I do go in with armor and a glock, but it's fun as hell killing juiced guys with a headshot w/ pst gzh

I've been trying to build up a decent stash for the release of the new map. Since the new scavs are enhanced and better geared, I certainly don't want to be going in there with level 1 gear. No wipe please. Would like a wipe for .12 or whenever the hideout comes in. 

• Like 1

If you wipe after i did all this quest grinding to unlock trader rep in preparation for this patch i will fart in your general direction. 

• Like 3
Quarkinius97

Please no wipe... i'am just building up to test out the new stuff in .11. I hate the wipes... keep the softskills how they are and wipe less.

Also keep up the great work.

DigitalVortex92
1 minute ago, Mr_Bishop said:

If you wipe after i did all this quest grinding to unlock trader rep in preparation for this patch i will fart in your general direction. 

Wouldn't you "*In poor french accent* Not even dare fart in your general direction"

• Sad 1
HP-SpaceJAGA
2 hours ago, Excilium said:

In my opinion, it is much needed. After playing since the beginning of the wipe, I have manually reset my account a few days ago, I am having a lot of fun but am already closing in on LVL30. Regardless of my own experience, many people still have absurd amounts of money left over from abusing the Flea Market and the majority of players I am running into are geared up with Fort (etc.) and silenced M4 or another high-end weapon.

Though it must be noted that while this is what I think, it does not seem to be too popular with those at the subreddit. I made a thread a week back and got noticeable backlash and negative comments on the issue. Wiping now after saying there will be no wipe in the patch notes may only serve to anger some who for whatever reason still hold on to their gear and levels. Regardless of what happens, I'm really excited for Labs and all the new content.

First of all totally agree on second part. You cant say there will be no wipe and then do it... NO NO NO. Too soon Kappa

And I think there shouldnt be a wipe cause people didnt expect it for the whole patch so there are many people (including myself) who were pacing progression accordingly. I am 44 and I just enjoy the game at lower pace. Also new content and new map, new tasks - people can't be focusing on old tasks and new content at the same time.... :/ And yes it's bad with whole economy thing, but whatever, everyone can still make plenty of money. Not like people having lots of money will ruin my day. I can afford to run gear as I had tens of millions of roubles cause I can farm more if I run out.

On the other hand I think free keys for 14 days should be active into next wipe (you could still use it only once but not just for a month of the event....). It would be much more attractive for people who know very little about the game.

vor 30 Minuten schrieb l3thaldose50:

they got that better armor and guns because they are better at the game. no offense I run into these guys too. If I dont have an advantage on them I wait for it, or avoid them(or they have more time) This is part of life, its not always fair

this! this is how I play. I wreck fools with the mosin

its not that im not good at the game its just that its not fun if my only chance is to play mosin 

l3thaldose50
7 minutes ago, Nihauk said:

its not that im not good at the game its just that its not fun if my only chance is to play mosin 

You have to change your tactics then. I'm not saying mosin is the only option. it fits my slower play style though

HP-SpaceJAGA
1 hour ago, undercutian said:

i cant beive its 50/50

it wont be 50/50 after this goes outside of hardcore community...... casuals will vote NO. even I with my lvl 44 vote NO cause I paced myself to another couple months without wipes.

I wouldn't mind a money and stash wipe if it's really needed and as a very inusual exception, but please dont make us, the veterans, complete the same long boring and monotonous quests and refarm every single special rng item that takes days or weeks to find again and again in an infinite loop of despair, we want to keep helping and improving Tarkov but sadly we're very tired of that. The only good thing about wipes for us, players/testers, is the first fresh week which is fun but apart from that, there are only disadvantages.

We love Tarkov, we want to help and improve this project and we can deal with bugs and any kind of issue with glitcher or hackers but doing the same thing after every patch knowing that in a month you will lose every progress again and not only that but also all your spent time, that is what really kills fun and any motivation left from the previous wipe to keep playing the next wipe. At least give us some kind of compensation after every wipe, some kind of incentive like a special skin/uniform, or containers to make it easier for us to recover the lost motivation, or sadly, many of us will stop playing until final version due this, and this will decrease the development speed greatly, both with funds and feedback.

Also we don't have enough time to level up skills to max level so you won't be able to balance them properly and as for bad or new players and people with less time to spend playing, they don't even get to mid or top levels to try the good top tier items and thus, you won't be able to  balance them properly neither.

And of course, losing the hard earned items and time can be quite demotivating and a major blow for the rest of community not only for veterans and will affect negatively to the project development due the community decrease. 

Edited by Dwolf

It seems that the people who don't have a lot of time to play and therefore wouldn't want a wipe are also the least likely to be aware of, or vote in this poll. Therefore it's likely that "no" will be underrepresented in any poll of this nature.

• Upvote 1

Since I've made a lot of progress this wipe I'd rather not wipe. Apart from my selfish reason not to wipe I think it's healthy for the flea market that we cut down on wipes.