HAYVANTERLI

What BSG going to do with lower gears.

Hello all,

First things first, I would like to thank you to BSG team for releasing amazing contents and new map with 0.11 patch.

Map is really awesome,AI is never felt better than this (except from aimbotting,but their tactics are just brilliant) and optimization is really well.

Now we have evenmore weapons and attachments.However high-end gear is the only way to be competitive,so most of the players including me also will continue to jump into raids with best gears.However its kinda boring and all of these well modeled weapons, attachments, variety of bullets are just have no sense at all in the end-game.I believe that dev team puts so much efforts on these items and players also probably want to use them,so is there a anyplan to fix this situation ?

28 minutes ago, sYs said:

You forget that most of the gear in traders are there only for testing purpose. 

Thank you for your comments.Yes you're right,but somebody gotta test lower gears also i think.

For low level inexperienced players like my self your better off running naked than have any gear on at all. it's a complete waste of time (ive seen this said many times and I always thought no!!! go in geared to at least try to defend my self) I was wrong the game is designed to destroy new players / low geared players vs running and gunning high geared players.

From a personal perspective as that is all anyone can go by, it's pointless at present doing anything but going into a raid with ZERO Zippo nothing on.  And then selling everything you get. This leads to a very boring game of die die die sell // die die die sell. And unless a balance can be found to force players not to KoS there own team on the map be that scav bear or usec the only way such gear will be tested is with a wipe. 

1 hour ago, Grumble_ said:

You have to bring gear to avoid this vice cycle you get in. 

I know inexperienced players can have trouble. WE ALL pass through that. But you have actually to bring gear and lose it, to learn how to use it and how not. You will overcome that. and once you learn how to use your poor gear to smack down a geared player, some other players like you low geared and scavs and raiders, then the game will feel totally different for you. 

You also can check the sherpa program to have someone to help you out.

Don't be discouraged. Don't be afraid to lose gear. Is the only way to progress. Good luck!

Cheers

Actually its not about losing gear,probably most of the players can achieve high-end gear anyway.However sometimes I want to play lower gears items too they're also well modeled amazing gears.For example Mp5 is a great weapon but you cant be competitive with that against high-end geared player.I am just imagining what if all of the items would be world drop instead of buying from traders.People would use whatever they found instead of selling lower gear items to buy high-end equipments.

The thing is about adapt yourself to the game.

EFT is a game with a brutal learning curve, very similar to the ArmA learning curve taking a side that one is a tactical FPS and the other is a Military Simulation Game.

EFT deeply makes the player thinks that the gear is everything that matters and for a new player it could looks like but it is waaay very different. Yes, of course an Altyn will protect you more than wear no helmet or a Gen4 will protect more than a PACA, but there is always a way to put to the ground a full geared player with a few shots. I started the patch late and I was doing the DeadlySlob's Operators Challenge ( Don't know if he had the idea, just saw it on his channel) which means that I can only enter on raids with western equipment so the first hours of play were like Glock/P226 runs with PACA. Third raid on interchange and two full geared guys ( M4, Fort, Fast+Mandible, etc) appeared on a corner,  2 first shots and one on the ground, a headshit through the mandible and the fast. The second tried to run to cover, I rushed his partner body, grab his M4 and smoked the other guy. Bam, two fully geared guys on the ground starting with a glock, and I'm not even a good player.

What I want to say with that? There is always a way to kill geared people even if you doesnt have those endgame weapons shooting mininukes, just play the game, enjoy it and a bit by bit you will be better. Dont fear loosing gear ( "Gearfear", as people call it). If you're new on the game try using weapons with a high fire rate like the MP5, PP19 and go for the headshots. Many people uses the Lzsh helmet with a mandible so you would have his eyes to hit. If you have a shotgun(the M153 is the ideal) go for the legs or if hey have the fast and the mandible for the eyes.

Also, do ALWAYS your scav runs to learn the map and collect weapons to sell. A MP7, that ducking tears appart anyone with a burst, is just 500$, a scav run without pretensions on Factory and not being greedy can give you like 600$ really easy so you could have money to spend on gear. Also, you can buy weapons on the fleamarket, many times costing less than the price on the shop.

Play and enjoy the game, that is the key.

21 hours ago, HAYVANTERLI said:

I am just imagining what if all of the items would be world drop instead of buying from traders.People would use whatever they found instead of selling lower gear items to buy high-end equipments.

From my understanding the traders won't have half the stuff they do now, you'll have to unlock and find traders out in the big world possibly too.

So in theory, should be a lot more people out there with SKS's, pacas, and the like.

Edit: adding this is upon release, not now.

Edited by Vodor

At this time body armors are unbalanced. If you wear paca, untar or kirasa you can be one-shotted with any kind of light weapon, but naked runners and scav still need at least 2-3 hits of the same weapons to go down. 

Went in to a raid last night with nothing but a MP-153 and a pocket full of rounds.

Came out with 2 full gen4's, fastMT, M2 and a few fully decked Ak's and M4's.

Low tier gear still has it's place