MookMajor

console progression

MookMajor

I was wondering if there is still an effort to bring EFT to consoles in 2019?

• Upvote 1

Orbixal
Just now, MookMajor said:

I was wondering if there is still an effort to bring EFT to consoles in 2019?

I believe as of this time there are no plans to bring EFT to console.

It would be extremely hard as well as the amount of controls in this game would not translate well to a controller.

• Sad 1

OneTrueLizardo
6 minutes ago, Orbixal said:

It would be extremely hard as well as the amount of controls in this game would not translate well to a controller.

You'd have a special action wheel that had 20 "quick" selections :D

• Like 1

Orbixal
1 minute ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

You'd have a special action wheel that had 20 "quick" selections :D

more like 40+ Hahahaha

• Sad 1

JCglitchmaster
9 minutes ago, Orbixal said:

The game would also run at about 10fps

• Like 2

MookMajor

I feel like it would transfer over well with pubg and so many others crossing over I think if it did it would catch like wildfire this could literally be the fortnite killer there is no game like this on any console I don't think a console has ever seen anything like this ohh man I hope it comes out

• Sad 3

HTX
3 minutes ago, MookMajor said:

I feel like it would transfer over well with pubg and so many others crossing over I think if it did it would catch like wildfire this could literally be the fortnite killer there is no game like this on any console I don't think a console has ever seen anything like this ohh man I hope it comes out

This game will never reach consoles for the same reason ARMA won't.

I don't see how this game could "kill" Fortnite, they aren't even in the realm of same genres.

Himmuguegeli

I highly doubt this game will ever be released to consoles. The reasons already being named here. Controls won´t translate well to Consoles. The second reason is the hardware itself. Consoles are basically just weak computers with a unique OS that makes up for their lack of power. Currently EFT needs and insanely fast CPU to overcome FPS drops as well as a strong GPU in order to get in run smoothly. Next to that is it relatively high RAM consumption. The current generation of consoles couldn´t run this properly. They would have to cut it down so much that it would look like crap and would still run on 30 FPS.

Another major reason is that this game is meant for hardcore/FPS/simulation enthusiasts. A genre itself that was born on PC and will stay on PC for many reasons. BSG will might consider a port once the game is stable and released. But even that won´t happen this year.

Roachfactory

I think that it’d be foolish not to bring it to next gen consoles. Hardware would be significantly better and there is no lack in demand for this game.

TUALMASOK

A console release of Tarkov is not realistic with current generation of consoles. A lack of decent input options aside, both Sony and M$ are on the cusp of releasing new consoles. It's counter productive to port a game to consoles that will be obsolete in a years time. Also, have you seen PUBG matches on consoles? It's laughable.

Madiakz

There is no plans for a console release, EFT is a PC exclusive, I'm sure I read that somewhere :bewhink:

SteamYet

when is it coming to Steam, though,

Grumble_
On 11/23/2019 at 2:00 AM, SteamYet said:

I hope never to any of the money grabbing store front's. You can add it to your steam account tho :D

Edited by Grumble_

wizard03

Literally just jumped off of PUBG to come take look at this and see if there was any sort of console port that had been done or was getting done.....hope this one is a hellofa lot better than PUBG's. Anything more than 12 FPS please!

wizard03
On 1/2/2019 at 5:40 PM, Orbixal said:

You would be surprised. They said the exact same thing on PUBG, yet its still possible, and in different situations, is preferred. 

On 1/2/2019 at 5:50 PM, JCglitchmaster said:

The game would also run at about 10fps

Yeah, we are used to that.

On 11/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, Roachfactory said:

I think that it’d be foolish not to bring it to next gen consoles. Hardware would be significantly better and there is no lack in demand for this game.

I agree with roach here....Multiple millions of intrigued and interested casual console players would love to take a swing at this, even if its not going to port that great.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, TUALMASOK said:

A console release of Tarkov is not realistic with current generation of consoles. A lack of decent input options aside, both Sony and M$ are on the cusp of releasing new consoles. It's counter productive to port a game to consoles that will be obsolete in a years time. Also, have you seen PUBG matches on consoles? It's laughable.

Im no console shroud, but while I agree the port job done to PUBG was a joke, Iv still had my moments, and I truly enjoyed many a chicken dinner. Buuuut, I won't argue. Current gen consoles are obsolete. Next gen we will have much better equipment.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:02 AM, Madiakz said:

There is no plans for a console release, EFT is a PC exclusive, I'm sure I read that somewhere :bewhink:

"starts flapping some of that Microsoft money around" And PUBG was too. ;)

Edited by wizard03

wizard03

I must say, after takeing a quick look around on the forums here, its interesting to see just how this one single post seems to be the most viewed post on the first page of the forums....4000 views.....yeah PC master race, yadda yadda yadda, but lets face it. Console boys hungry.....console boys real hungry.

Edited by wizard03

TUALMASOK
10 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I must say, after takeing a quick look around on the forums here, its interesting to see just how this one single post seems to be the most viewed post on the first page of the forums....4000 views.....yeah PC master race, yadda yadda yadda, but lets face it. Console boys hungry.....console boys real hungry.

There are posts with over 200,000 views, so 4,000 is nothing to get excited about.

wizard03
58 minutes ago, TUALMASOK said:

There are posts with over 200,000 views, so 4,000 is nothing to get excited about.

Did do some more digging, fair enough. How long has tarkove been around? o.o

wizard03

So has there been any talks of attempting console on this or next gen?

ShiroTenshi
On 11/30/2019 at 5:25 AM, wizard03 said:

So has there been any talks of attempting console on this or next gen?

No confirmation on any sort of console port. All we know is that back in 2016 they said it was technically possible, but IF it happened it would be a PC first game and they would not make any compromises for a console port.

Which pretty much tells you that it's likely never going to happen.

• Thanks 1

wizard03
20 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

No confirmation on any sort of console port. All we know is that back in 2016 they said it was technically possible, but IF it happened it would be a PC first game and they would not make any compromises for a console port.

Which pretty much tells you that it's likely never going to happen.

I would hope to god there are no compromises made for console....Hell, Id love to see console go online with PC players in the same lobbies. No aim assist, no exclusive skins, same recoil. Maybe jank resolutions and a lower frame rate, but this would be low end PC style gaming at its finest.

Hopefully the hardware jump we get next year will be good enough...

p4nnus
On 11/23/2019 at 4:00 AM, SteamYet said:

Its been said that after release its gonna be considered. Its not 100% confirmed yet AFAIK.