Sign in to follow this  
proxyz

Help me convert friends from PUBG and CSGO.

proxyz

Hey, I'm trying to convert my friends from PUBG and CSGO to Tarkov. They are good players, and they are interested in the game, but they think it's too complicated with all the parts, loot, etc. I used to think that too until I tried it for myself. Let me know if anyone has a spare trial key. I know at least one of them will buy it once he tries it and sees how fun it is. Thanks guys!

sarafarahi

amazing game...
I've just been introduced to this game
i think pubg one of the best game in the world

• Confused 1

Yeavo

I have the same problem. I can't convert more people into this game even from other hard fps titles because the learning curve and grind is way too frustrating and it doesn't actually give you much rewards for doing things "right" rather it rewards flee-market price gouging, group cheesing (find a deserted server and join with one group and have one solo friend kill PMCs with poo weapon X to get access to next trader level item Y) and glitch abusing to raise skills way too much. EFT currently combines the what most people consider the worst parts MMORPGs and FPSs have to offer, grind and getting constantly killed by more experienced players while you grind. And what is being addressed is the one of the most efficient ways that people have discovered to circumvent the steep progression curve because streamers and old players are feeling bored due to lack of end game content. I feel I'd have to lie to recommend this game to my friends. But I really really love this game want more people to enjoy it.

SolLeks

I came from CS before this game, got all the way up to supreme for a few games (averaged between LE and LEM). I also played dayz (standalone and arma 2 mod) and many other looter shooters before Tarkov.

This game is so different that it probably won't appeal to CS players as much. If they like the pubg vibe, then they may like the looting aspect, but pubg is still so simple compared to tarkov as it, along with CS, are ment as a pick up and play game, while tarkov is something you really should do a bit of reading or practice in offline before you jump into the main game. The gunplay is extremely different as well, and when you are starting out and get capped by a scav, it feels like the game cheated you in a way.

my gaming background was basically perfect for tarkov, good aim, looter games like dayz and rust, understanding FPS mechanics and willingness to study the game and that is largely why I think I succeed in this game. I know a lot more casual players are not willing to put any time or practice into a game and prefer to just learn it as they play, which IMO because of the extract zones not being marked at all really, is hard to impossible as it comes down to luck if you stumble across the extract without prior knowledge or a guide.

So to get them to join you would be hard, really the only way would be to let them play on your account IMHO. I'v gotten 2 people to join that way but they were also more serious gamers, granted neither play right now.

good luck!

bigbacon

completely different games.

kondziowy

Just tell them that shooting mechanics in this game is years ahead of any other game on the market. Every other game feels like a cheap toy after playing tarkov. And aim training done in cs:go and pubg transfers instantly to tarkov. So you can be good right away.

And after you build just 3 guns with custom parts AK, M4A1 with NT4 silencer, and silenced sniper rifle like DVL-10, from now on you know how to build any gun and what parts you may need in what places. And it's waaaay easier than rust overall.