Reveal time how long corpse is dead when searching it.

BananaJoo

Hi,

Similar to approximately estimate how many bullets are left in a mag,  you could show how long a corpse is dead when searching it.

Like: 0s - 60s "just now", 60s - 300s "recently", and so on ...

Maybe this would add another realistic tactical dimension, which would be easy to implement.

Especially big maps like shoreline would profit from it, because you can hunt people und also leave more tracks.

It just increases the awareness in a cool way.

Greetings.

Edited by BananaJoo
  • Upvote 4

First thats why approximately. Secondly everyone can feel the warmth of a body or see if the blood from the bullet holes clots or not. You need to be a doctor when detemining a exact time from a really old corpse, but deciding whether 5min or 12h everyone can do it.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Thormato:

Because everyone is a Doctor and knows how to determine how long somebody is already dead...

Not sure you have to be a doctor to tell if a person died just now, recently or a while back. Especially if you saw enough dead people, as a PMC I suspect would. Sure, the times should be adjusted for the short nature of the raids, but would be a cool addition. Especially on bigger maps.

@BananaJoo

I am pretty sure, that the devs did say at one point, there will be more interaction with dead/unconscious bodies. So, wait and see. 

Edited by PardTheTroll

vor 1 Minute schrieb Xarc:

Call NCIS or interrogate the maggots for how long they are eating the body or a tarot lady.

Sorry I had to do this.:P

If the body has maggots you know its dead for a long time... no need to interrogate the evidence to confirm itself xD

I have to disagree with this. Part of Tarkov's beauty is not knowing what's going on around you at all times. Something like this would just add to your situational awareness and chip away at part of what makes the game great.

• Upvote 1

vor 16 Stunden schrieb MSF_x_Smurf:

I have to disagree with this. Part of Tarkov's beauty is not knowing what's going on around you at all times. Something like this would just add to your situational awareness and chip away at part of what makes the game great.

Tarkov aims to be as realistic as possible/needed. If we would be in the year 2030 or whatever the graphics etc would be so clear that you could determine the deathtime of a corpse by looking at it or feeling the warmth of the dead body or whatever. Unfortunately we are not that far so we could emulate this. Its not like i demand to add a double jump or x-ray vision. I mean similar i could say: "Delete Audio. It adds to much awareness. The beauty is to not know if someone near to you shoots with a pumpgun." I know its a bit exaggerated but i hope you get the point. It doesn't add somekind of an unrealistic or unfair advantage, but a situational awareness that totally fits in the tarkov universe.

I mean image how cool would be "detective [insert random streamer name] is on the case!".

Or imagine you killed somebody and camp its corpse. Then you observe somebody else searching these corpse 30s after it and you seeing him running for cover totally scared. This would be soooooo cooooool

Edited by BananaJoo

Maybe furthermore the times should be really vague like 0-120s: "just now", 120s - 10min: "recently", >10min: "old" and thats it.

Edited by BananaJoo

The idea is very good, but getting an actual time reading is way too specific :)

We could have a simple 3 possible outcomes: body is warm (= very recent, beware), undetermined, or cold (> than a certain time which depends on outside temperature).

6 hours ago, BananaJoo said:

If we would be in the year 2030 or whatever the graphics etc would be so clear that you could determine the deathtime of a corpse by looking at it or feeling the warmth of the dead body or whatever.

See, there are a few problems with this as far a realism goes. Determining TOD to within a two minute period is highly improbable without the time to determine TOD and the tools to do it. You can't just look at and feel a body and say, "yep, dude died two minutes ago." It takes ten to twenty minutes for a body to cool in an isolated environment at room temperature. Another issue I have with this is the idea that everyone has studied forensic sciences well enough to calculate TOD. 

Granted, I'm not saying the idea is completely without merit. I think if they did implement this certain things would need to be considered. For example, something like this should be entirely skill based, to the point that perhaps it even has it's own skill for upgrading. I also think there should be a toolkit required to determine TOD.

My biggest issue though, as I stated, was the ways in which I feel this system would retract from gameplay.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb MSF_x_Smurf:

My biggest issue though, as I stated, was the ways in which I feel this system would retract from gameplay.

Valid concern. Even if Iam convinced that it would be cool, it should be tested. Maybe the timings need heavy adjustment or even we shouldn't use at all ...

vor 14 Stunden schrieb MSF_x_Smurf:

You can't just look at and feel a body and say, "yep, dude died two minutes ago." It takes ten to twenty minutes for a body to cool in an isolated environment at room temperature.

tarkov time is faster than realtime, so maybe 2 real minutes correspond to 20 tarkov minutes.. so it would make sense.