Sign in to follow this  
Mokou

Gunsmith Part 1 Bugged

Mokou

Hey all, 

I'm having an issue where the Part 1 - Mechanic Quest won't give me the option to turn-in the quest, despite having a shotgun that fulfills the requirements.

As I'm sure you're all familiar with, the quest requires an MP-133 with the following requirements:

maybeimjustcrazy.png.d7eceb829dabc25bcd52854957976a84.png

Despite reading this over and over again I can't seem to figure out why the shotgun I have isn't completing the quest. Myspicyshotgun.thumb.png.c4179a10115a174e1a84c7cc65853888.png

It has a Laser, 56 ergonomics, an extended mag (which my understanding is 6 or more), and the compact stock making it 4 slots. I even went out of my way to attach the SPRM with the XP53 lmao. If anyone has any ideas on why it might not let me turn this in please send some help my way thanks. maybe I'm just a big dumb idiot.

HTX
4 minutes ago, Mokou said:

Hey all, 

I'm having an issue where the Part 1 - Mechanic Quest won't give me the option to turn-in the quest, despite having a shotgun that fulfills the requirements.

As I'm sure you're all familiar with, the quest requires an MP-133 with the following requirements:

Despite reading this over and over again I can't seem to figure out why the shotgun I have isn't completing the quest.

It has a Laser, 56 ergonomics, an extended mag (which my understanding is 6 or more), and the compact stock making it 4 slots. I even went out of my way to attach the SPRM with the XP53 lmao. If anyone has any ideas on why it might not let me turn this in please send some help my way thanks. maybe I'm just a big dumb idiot.

Try removing the XPS3-0, PEQ-15 and replace the SE-5 Hand-guard with the Tango Down Stub available from Peacekeeper LL2. (Or the flea market)

As per the EFT Wiki, this combination of mods should allow you to hand-over the shotgun to Mechanic.

aekUmYR.png

Edit:

EFT Quest Wiki - https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Quests

Gunsmith Part 1 - https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Gunsmith_-_Part_1

Edited by HTX

Mokou

Tried this and it did not fix the issue, it still does not recognize the shotguns despite them being to spec.

6 hours ago, HTX said:

Try removing the XPS3-0, PEQ-15 and replace the SE-5 Hand-guard with the Tango Down Stub available from Peacekeeper LL2. (Or the flea market)

As per the EFT Wiki, this combination of mods should allow you to hand-over the shotgun to Mechanic.

aekUmYR.png

Edit:

EFT Quest Wiki - https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Quests

Gunsmith Part 1 - https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Gunsmith_-_Part_1

Tried this out and it still won't let me turn the shotgun in. 

HTX
6 minutes ago, Mokou said:

Tried this and it did not fix the issue, it still does not recognize the shotguns despite them being to spec.

Tried this out and it still won't let me turn the shotgun in. 

Wow that's really odd...

Are you trying to use an MR133 that you recovered from a raid? I believe when I did this, I just bought one from Skier and then modded it as per the wiki, and was able to hand it in with no issues. I'm wondering if the shotgun you are trying to use maybe has different vital parts etc. from that of a "stock" MR133 that was purchased.

Edited by HTX

Mokou
Just now, HTX said:

Wow that's really odd...

Are you trying to use an MP133 that you recovered from a raid? I believe when I did this, I just bought one from Skier and then modded it as per the wiki, and was able to hand it in with no issues. I'm wondering if the shotgun you are trying to use maybe has different vital parts etc. from that of a "stock" MP133 that was purchased.

I just turned it in, bought a different shotgun and put the mods on there and it worked fine. /shrug
at least I got it in finally lmao. thanks for the help.

HTX
5 minutes ago, Mokou said:

I just turned it in, bought a different shotgun and put the mods on there and it worked fine. /shrug
at least I got it in finally lmao. thanks for the help.

No worries. I'm thinking it must have been the length of barrel on your original 133, I think the "stock" barrel is actually smaller, as the one you had was the 510mm length. That would cause the trader to not register it as the "proper" modded gun. 

Never-mind, that isn't correct either. :/ Not really sure what could have caused it, but glad you got it worked out.

Edit: Looking again at your original picture, I think it could also be the Remington Tactical Choke (12g) on the first gun.

Edited by HTX