Sign in to follow this  
sternmiere

PLEASE implement a killcam

sternmiere

getting killed out of nowhere as scav while hiding all the time.

• Sad 1

36InchRavager
4 minutes ago, sternmiere said:

getting killed out of nowhere as scav while hiding all the time.

I doubt tarkov will ever have a kill-cam that provides way too much information for people who play in groups 

Madiakz

This has been mentioned several times, the devs have confirmed they will not be implementing a kill cam. 

Personally I don't like them much to be honest. 

OrdinaryTrooper

I understand the want for a killcam but this may not be the game for it, I do sometimes wonder if a person with a better PC rig can see me from a distance in bushes and can 1 shot me when I can't even make out his outline but that kinda comes with PC gaming at times.

superbenke
2 hours ago, 36InchRavager said:

I doubt tarkov will ever have a kill-cam that provides way too much information for people who play in groups

That is easily solved by not allowing you to view it until your group is dead or has extracted.

18 minutes ago, OrdinaryTrooper said:

I do sometimes wonder if a person with a better PC rig can see me from a distance in bushes and can 1 shot me when I can't even make out his outline

The problem is that depending on graphic settings shadows and bushes draw differently.
On your end it can look like you hide in a shadow but for someone else you're lying open in the middle of the ground since you can set the draw distance of shadows.

Also sometimes doors, bushes and even walls on rare occasions don't draw in a distance or specific angles making you see through things.

OrdinaryTrooper
8 minutes ago, superbenke said:

That is easily solved by not allowing you to view it until your group is dead or has extracted.

The problem is that depending on graphic settings shadows and bushes draw differently.
On your end it can look like you hide in a shadow but for someone else you're lying open in the middle of the ground since you can set the draw distance of shadows.

Also sometimes doors, bushes and even walls on rare occasions don't draw in a distance or specific angles making you see through things.

This is very true, I learned this through Red Orchestra 1&2 The killcam there is different as it does not follow the target but places the camera in their general direction, so snipers could move once firing. Some games may not be made for a killcam though.

Edited by OrdinaryTrooper

Devineus

Kill cam does not belong in tarkov, In Soviet tarkov Cam kills you....

I dont mind more in depth detail on the kills in the after screen, eg. Distance from enemy, detailed breakdown of hit locations, ect... ect... thats cool but nothing visual. Nothing that would give any advantage whatsoever to the fight taking place. 

Personally I love hiding in the map and sniping at players, especially when they cant pinpoint my location because of the use of a silencer. Watching them scramble and hide for cover right in-front of me giving me a better shot is priceless. If After killing 1 member of a 5 man, everyone just auto locks on my hiding spot after the kill because hes sqweeling on discord like a piggy wiggy... no thanks.

CStarker

Implementing a kill cam would fly in the face of realism. This game is not about being balanced, it is a milsim in which you will must think carefully about every engagement. 

superbenke
12 hours ago, Devineus said:

If After killing 1 member of a 5 man, everyone just auto locks on my hiding spot after the kill because hes sqweeling on discord like a piggy wiggy... no thanks.

Guess you didn't bother to read other posts or consider how this is implemented in other games, you wouldn't be able to view it until either your squad is dead or exited the raid, alternatively after the whole raid has ended.

10 minutes ago, CStarker said:

Implementing a kill cam would fly in the face of realism.

Don't see how that would take away from the realism of the game, if something you would learn from the experience.
If we wanna play the realism card there a lot of flaws in that department, you could argue that you PMC should start from LVL 1 if he dies, that's realistic.

That doesn't say I think the game needs a kill cam. But it's hard to find valid points being made against it.

dinobunny

There are too many ways to get killed and not have any idea how you got killed. If I wanted to get shot without knowing where it came from I would go to an American nightclub.  In real life the audio would give ti away, but I have a hard time telling where the shots come from, also the if I got hit with a bullet I would feel the general direction it came from. I have been shot so many times without know the direction of the shooter it is ridiculous, you either need a kill cam or a better alert method for shooters direction.

• Sad 1

ExeIworkz

So I'm digging this old thread out, because I don't want to make a new one about this thing.

I don't need a killcam, but I don't hate it either. Some death would surely be interesting. I just got a suggestion about the implementation.

Killcam should not be available for everyone and everytime. Just make it purchasable. Let's say, Mechanic sold Drones for 50k roubles. You can buy one, and it will follow your raid and give him some video footage.

But you only get the footage after the raid ends -> the drone needs to fly back to your Hideout. Nobody gets an advantage over this. 

Maybe it doesn't reach your hideout and get shot by scavs... Ups, that's bad luck. (Maybe 1/4 Times) But if -> you need to load the batteries in your hideout and replace the flash drive/delete it before you use it again. 

So it would be realistic implemented, you gain no advantage for your Teammates after death, it cost some money and is not available every time... You don't have to use it. 

p4nnus

Its not gonna happen. Confirmed so many times already by BSG devs and team members. KillCam is not gonna be implemented in EFT, ever, not during the raid killcam or after the raid killcam. No point in posting duplicate posts about the subject, its not gonna change anything.

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: There will be no killcam. The devs have discussed a playback system of some sort. You saw a little glimpse of the idea in the recent RAID video. It won't be like you would think.