Wooglesworth

Why does my game look like this?

Wooglesworth

The game is extremely pixelated at a distance and everything is so hard to see even when lowering FoV. In the picture of me on top of the resort I can't even make out if there is another player on the opposite building I'm looking at. You can see how bad the bushes and trees look too.  I've watched so many videos of gameplay and I haven't found anyone else's game that looks like this. Does anyone know how I can fix it?

image.png

Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2019.01.07 - 14.21.15.01.png

Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2019.01.07 - 14.21.05.10.png

Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2019.01.07 - 14.16.14.95.png

Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2019.01.07 - 14.20.56.10.png

Edited by Wooglesworth

bbcokeley

I clearly thought "WTH is that huge scope" in the first pic. 

Made me double take there.

I relation to your post, i dont know, but your colours are very bright mine looks kinda drab, but i like it that way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HTX

Are you using re-shade at all? Your colours are insanely bright, I think re-shade adds some kind of crazy sharpness to the game which could be causing the very "hard" edges on your textures.

Wooglesworth

Yeah I'm using reshade. It's just when I look at videos on youtube of other people playing in 1080p their game looks so much more clear.

Morphy2k

Example?

In videos and screenshots you can hardly see the edge flicker, it looks clearer. That's normal.

Some people with a strong graphics card may have SSAA enabled. This also improves the picture quality significantly.

ThanatosNex

What are your settings at? in particular the FOV but also share the graphic settings. anyhow to me that looks like a fov issue or an aspect ratio issue. Could be wrong though.

Edited by ThanatosNex

Wooglesworth

I'm playing at 59 FoV and 1920x1080 with the 16:9 ratio. It shouldn't be so hard to see that far with that low of an FoV you would think..

keyciraptor
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Wooglesworth:

Yeah I'm using reshade. It's just when I look at videos on youtube of other people playing in 1080p their game looks so much more clear.

There is an option in the graphics, must be one of the 3 bot options where you can click on it and it will get a hook. man my english sucks, but sure you understand what i mean. go to graphics, go very bot and you see the 3 options where you can click. ione of them makes the game grainy, the other one makes it less sharp

Wooglesworth

Yeah it's all good bro. I just checked and I know what you're talking about, all of those are already turned off. I don't know what it could be. I'm even thinking it may be something with my monitor.

HTX
10 minutes ago, Wooglesworth said:

Yeah it's all good bro. I just checked and I know what you're talking about, all of those are already turned off. I don't know what it could be. I'm even thinking it may be something with my monitor.

Based on the screenshots you shared we can all see it too.. Thankfully that means you can rule out your monitor as the source of the issue.

Wooglesworth

I'm glad you guys say it looks funny too cause I thought no one was gonna understand what I'm saying. I currently play on a laptop, it's the MSI GS65 stealth thin they just came out with no too long ago but I don't think that would have anything to do with it. My monitor I'm using though is a https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/VG248QE/

Himmuguegeli

When not using the correct FoV stuff starts pixelating. Another reason also could be you not using FXAA / AA. There´s also a sharpness value in the settings that can smooth borders or make everything blurry. A higher native resolution can also make the screen sharper.

swats73

Try using digital vibrancy in Nvidia settings instead of reshade. About 75% should give you the desired colour. 

• Upvote 1

NIBpapaa0

i have the exact same problem and have reinstalled the game and all my drivers and tried everything and cant fix it any solutions ?

MortsNZ

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issues, thought it was normal till I watched some other players.

BrettB

Is it the overall view distance? not the FOV?

Im pretty sure FOV makes the game wider, however the view distance should increase the clarity at a distance funny enough.

MDHustler

Uncheck noise in graphics menu across the bottom. Can’t believe I went two wipes just thinking my graphics sucked so bad.

• Upvote 1

DukeLander

Noise is there since last wipe?

MDHustler

I assume it was there last wipe I don’t think it’s ever looked clear. I always just thought my graphics were shitty cause it’s an older computer but it’s so clear without noise checked. Made shooter born in heaven shots so much easier. But idk I could be wrong, happens all the time.

Edited by MDHustler
Clarification

IndianKid

Guys, I deleted some temporary files and right after I did that, this is how my game started looking. It looked nothing like this and I've tried almost everything I could from reinstalling graphics drivers to factory restarting my pc, nothing has worked so far, please help!

Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2020.08.23 - 11.28.17.58.png

TUALMASOK
7 minutes ago, IndianKid said:

Guys, I deleted some temporary files and right after I did that, this is how my game started looking. It looked nothing like this and I've tried almost everything I could from reinstalling graphics drivers to factory restarting my pc, nothing has worked so far, please help!

Can't comment on the quality of the screenshot, but if you were deleting temp files it sounds like you may have removed the config for Tarkov.

IndianKid
6 minutes ago, TUALMASOK said:

Can't comment on the quality of the screenshot, but if you were deleting temp files it sounds like you may have removed the config for Tarkov.

So how can I get the config back?

TUALMASOK
2 hours ago, IndianKid said:

So how can I get the config back?

It all depends on how you removed the temp files. If it was with a file cleaner like CCleaner they are gone, but if you were using file explorer and simply deleted them, they should be in your recycle bin.

IndianKid
1 hour ago, TUALMASOK said:

It all depends on how you removed the temp files. If it was with a file cleaner like CCleaner they are gone, but if you were using file explorer and simply deleted them, they should be in your recycle bin.

I found my config settings in my documents, it didn't get deleted. It must be a different reason.

Edited by IndianKid