Wackomedic911

Can we request a real emissary?

Dear escape from tarkov mods/devs.
We as the South African community would like to request a change in Emissary.
Someone that actually represents, and participates in the Escape from Tarkov community, that is a part of us, rather than someone that we do not know, does not represent the true community, does not communicate, and is a complete unknown to the Escape from Tarkov community in South Africa.

We are a 400+ strong group of South Africans who, laugh, cry play promote, troubleshoot, and sometimes complain together, in a joint love of Tarkov. but our emissary is nowhere to be seen. he is not in our discord, he is not on our facebook, he is not on our teamspeak, he is not on our WhatsApp. he does not represent us, and as such, fails us as a definition of an emissary.
Can you please allow us as a community to nominate our own?

Feel free to follow the link to our facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1903773619853151/

We thank you in advance.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CallOfDoody said:

But why is this SA emissary not on any community pages, discords, facebook pages? Where does he engage with the community from then?

As I wrote, Little77 was on a break, he is back now and I am sure that he will be now active and will work with you for the community. ;) 

1 minute ago, TheWay said:

As I wrote, Little77 was on a break, he is back now and I am sure that he will be now active and will work with you for the community. ;) 

I think you misunderstood me. As far as anyone can tell, Little77 is not a member on any of these services. Unless he removed himself from all of these to take a break? Since when was this break? Never seen him in these community pages since 2016?

• Upvote 1

@CallOfDoody @Wackomedic911

Gentlemen, as I wrote Little77 is back and I am sure he will be active now.

Also if you think that you are good candidates for that role, then please fill the application form that I shared before.

Thank you! 

• Sad 1

@TheWay, we thank you for your response, here is the thing, in our 400+ member community (small, I know) close to 10 of us, who are actually active in the group applied, yet total unknowns were chosen. but sure, we will get the people we actually want, and who actually support, grow, promote and drive the community and your product to re apply.
Thanks for the help.

3 minutes ago, TheWay said:

@Wackomedic911 @CallOfDoody

Also gentlemen, 

we have a special section on our Forums for your community and none of you two were active there:

https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/155-afrikaans/

So please also use it for your community.

The page you mentioned is a Forum section for Afrikaans language players only... The majority of the SA community is English, or are able to communicate in English.  If you're asking us to be active in a specific language forum section, what about players in the other 10 official languages in South Africa? But we're getting off the point here. I guess we'll need to wait and see if the current Emissary will be more active as you mentioned. Please also post links for the Forum Sections for each of the other 10 South African official languages. I'll be sure to follow them.

• Upvote 2

Thanks @TheWay. We will get those other people to apply. :)

I also like to attach my other response here for some context:

I agree wholeheartedly with Wackomedic911 on this point.

We have many committed players in our community, many of which would make fine emissaries/representatives.

It is common in South Africa for us to avoid participating on international forums and reddit. We have been very committed to titles in the past, only to be overlooked by developers for years on end. So within our gaming subculture, we prefer to create our own discussion platforms and communities for titles, and Escape From Tarkov is no different. That should explain why there are so few 'ZA' members participating on this forum.

We have our own Facebook group, coupled with a discord, teamspeak and whatsapp group. The facebook group is fairly active with over 400 members and growing daily. It is not a lot compared to most other communities, but it is enough for us. 

Whether @Little77 is even aware that these groups exist I do not know. As an extremely active member in the South African gaming, I can say that I have never heard of Little77. I have no doubt he is an awesome guy with great intention
s, but I think I speak for the majority of our communities' members when I say we would rather have Twinkie.

If nothing can be done about the elected position, I implore Little77 to actually join our local community.

Thanks,
Herco.

Edited by Pandaattack1
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3