Sign in to follow this  
BESK

Matching rumours

Can someone confirm this:

• Is it true or false that solo players are matched with other solo players if it can fill upp the server? And teams is matched against teams? If not it will be a mix?
  • Does the matching take any consideration at all how players are geared or not?

10 minutes ago, BESK said:

• Is it true or false that solo players are matched with other solo players if it can fill upp the server? And teams is matched against teams? If not it will be a mix?
  • Does the matching take any consideration at all how players are geared or not?
  • Not 100%, but I believe it's just random? (Likely based on ping I'd imagine) I've run into many groups as a solo, and vice versa.
  • Don't think so

If you don't mind me asking where did you hear these "rumours?"

Edited by HTX

vor 11 Minuten schrieb BESK:

Tl;Dr: No.

It is not planned to have a matching that decides who to put into a match an who not. You can never be sure if you have only single targets moving across the map or maybe even only squads of five.

The gear is no factor too. Could be a raid full of hatchlings, or a raid full of full geared PMCs, could be a mix.

You never know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for reply.

1 hour ago, HTX said:
  • Not 100%, but I believe it's just random? (Likely based on ping I'd imagine) I've run into many groups as a solo, and vice versa.
  • Don't think so

If you don't mind me asking where did you hear these "rumours?"

I have heard this several times from "hard core" users that claims that this was the case. Always when being in matching mode and if the matching takes a little bit longer.  But now I know that this isnt the case :-) eg its just random.

12 minutes ago, BESK said:

Thanks for reply.

I have heard this several times from "hard core" users that claims that this was the case. Always when being in matching mode and if the matching takes a little bit longer.  But now I know that this isnt the case :-) eg its just random.

Yea, I usually only believe something like this when it comes straight from a developer/crew member. Misinformation spreads like wildfire and I'm not really sure why.

it is however planned to ruin solo players down the road...bsg is going to basically force you to play with people....so for us solo players, lets get ready for the punishments

5 minutes ago, Hamm said:

it is however planned to ruin solo players down the road...bsg is going to basically force you to play with people....so for us solo players, lets get ready for the punishments

You mean the challenge? My body is ready.

• Like 1

its just sad the direction they are going and who they decide to listen to, but ill ride it till the wheels fall off cause its the only thing i play..they just forget that fun > ultra hardcore real life realism...

2 minutes ago, Hamm said:

its just sad the direction they are going and who they decide to listen to, but ill ride it till the wheels fall off cause its the only thing i play..they just forget that fun > ultra hardcore real life realism...

I don't think they are going in any direction or listening to anyone, I'm pretty sure since like the literal 1st day of the game this has been how BSG have wanted it to be like.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hamm said:

Just because you can't find another game to have "fun" in doesn't mean tarkov shouldn't strive for the best realism that can be achieved.

Also i say this to everyone who uses the word "fun" like this. Who's "fun" are we going by my idea of fun is "ultra hardcore real life realism" and i'm sure another guys idea of fun is my little pony stickers. your fun is not my fun is not his fun is not her fun people like different things.

50 minutes ago, smokey-phil said:

Just because you can't find another game to have "fun" in doesn't mean tarkov shouldn't strive for the best realism that can be achieved.

Also i say this to everyone who uses the word "fun" like this. Who's "fun" are we going by my idea of fun is "ultra hardcore real life realism" and i'm sure another guys idea of fun is my little pony stickers. your fun is not my fun is not his fun is not her fun people like different things.

hey to each there own. i know im not alone with my comments, i know people feel the same exact way. I mean if you want it to be as realistic as possible....why not just go join the army/marines/navy and experience it in real life. They're making it so that the avg person who gets to play the game isnt going to have fun because for the people with no jobs and can play this game 24/7 and have the best poo. sorry, but i dont feel like spending hours on hours looting for garbage to barter for the best gear, and the best weapon parts to make a gun that if i do complete it and i bring in the best gear, im going to die to some cheater, or im going to die to desync. Ya that sounds like fun, na seems like time wasted and the player base will fall off drastically 

53 minutes ago, HTX said:

I don't think they are going in any direction or listening to anyone, I'm pretty sure since like the literal 1st day of the game this has been how BSG have wanted it to be like.

they definitely  listen to 2 streamers, who im not going to mention cause i strongly dislike them and i think the ideas they have are complete trash

Edited by Hamm

8 hours ago, smokey-phil said:

And BSG's definition of fun is what matters here. If you don't find their game fun, find a game you do find fun. As easy as that.

9 hours ago, Hamm said:

hey to each there own. i know im not alone with my comments, i know people feel the same exact way. I mean if you want it to be as realistic as possible....why not just go join the army/marines/navy and experience it in real life. They're making it so that the avg person who gets to play the game isnt going to have fun because for the people with no jobs and can play this game 24/7 and have the best poo. sorry, but i dont feel like spending hours on hours looting for garbage to barter for the best gear, and the best weapon parts to make a gun that if i do complete it and i bring in the best gear, im going to die to some cheater, or im going to die to desync. Ya that sounds like fun, na seems like time wasted and the player base will fall off drastically 

they definitely  listen to 2 streamers, who im not going to mention cause i strongly dislike them and i think the ideas they have are complete trash

It is clear that you dont like this game, why do you play something you dont like? Why do BSG needs to adjust their game to your needs? why not find a game that fits your needs?

I really dont get it, it's like watching a tv program wich you dont like on a channel, complaining that it is not fun, while there could be something fun on some other channel? What is your logic??

11 hours ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

And BSG's definition of fun is what matters here. If you don't find their game fun, find a game you do find fun. As easy as that.

This is pretty much the core of my point.If they stopped for everyone's idea of "fun" and altered the plan for it they would still be somewhere around the first planning stages trying to work out how they get the open world unicorn plotlines meshed with the hyper j-pop dance mechanisms let alone working out which licence'ed guns they need to "borrow" 

Maybe they should do the best job they can and if that not good enough for you personally go do it yourself but with hookers and cocaine and make the world a better place :P 

20 hours ago, Hamm said:

Because it's a game.  While I have a lot of criticism about EFT, if you don't like the game then there's plenty others to try out.

I don't know many games out nowadays that give you everything straight off the bat either.  Even strategy games make you unlock units throughout the campaign.