Little77

South African Server request Poll

South African Server request Poll  

126 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Active / Non Active South African Gamers.

• Active
    • Non Active

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/18/2019 at 06:00 AM

Good day Fellow South African members

After a few members asked for South African servers, when will they come ,can we get and so on. I went to the Team and asked what can we do.

The Team advised that we need to have a poll to see how many active South African players do play and if a Server can be provided.

Please tell your fellow members and friends to do this poll until next week Friday.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 6

Hi there

I am trying to see how many active ZA players we have to possible having our own server.

Would be nice playing on 5-70 ping rather then 150+ don't you think

54 minutes ago, Timothy0812 said:

I can't see how local servers are going to work with a small player base well end up playing on EU again 

a lot of my friends don't want to buy this game because it has no local server. EU server is like Satan to SA gamers

• Upvote 1

While a lower ping would be nice, i do love having a ping so high i can kill people well before they can see me XD also, I probably won't play on a ZA server if I have to queue for more than 5 minutes. Hopefully we have a few hundred active players to make a server here feasable.

1 hour ago, Little77 said:

Hi there

I am trying to see how many active ZA players we have to possible having our own server.

Would be nice playing on 5-70 ping rather then 150+ don't you think

That would be good but currently sitting on 270 ping and not stable ping makes it unplayable for me

BSG will not set up a server for  10-20 players a day. SA does not have the base.
[removed]
We might get a SA server, only to have it shut down a couple of months down the line because we dont have the players to fill it.

Edited by Cyver
offense removed
  • Sad 1

So... After deliberating with myself for the better half of an hour, I decided to cast my vote as 'active'. I am not convinced it makes any difference...

Some math for you guys to consider:

Factory: 4-6 players.
Customs: 6-12
Woods: 6-12
Shoreline: 8-13
Interchange: 9-14
Labs: 6-10

Let's say, for argument's sake, that we work on a 20minute cycle. That is enough time for most PMCs to have killed each other and majority ready to lobby again. We can use more accurate figures here, if we know the average raid time of a PMC. But we don't.

To have a decent Tarkov experience, you would want the option to join any of the available maps with the minimum player count filled. So the total minimum player count for every 20min cycle would be about 40 people. Ready to lobby every 20minutes.

Can we honestly say, that we can provide 40 people to lobby every 20minutes for the 'prime time' gaming hours? If not, then we have load times longer than 20 minutes or empty maps.

Let us see where this poll goes I guess.

Edited by Pandaattack1

I will put my vote as a yes - I play and would like to see SA servers.

I understand it will be tricky, and some people are negative. However, I played Battlefield 3 and 4 back in the day, and both of those games had healthy and very active communities that were specifically South African. I understand that support for Escape from Tarkov is different to a title such as Battlefield, but it does show that it is possible.

Hope we have enough to make it work then!

I think 70 is already enough to begin with. The game is in closed beta. Once it gets released it will definitely have a bigger wave of players coming in. Also already mentioned here is the fact that a lot of people won´t buy the game if there aren´t local servers available already. Besides that I am very sure that most players aren´t active in the forums which would probably add up roughly +200 active players that would benefit from local servers.

The costs for those server´s shouldn´t be that expensive as well since they only have to pay for the quantity of players.

Anyways I wish you guys the best and hope that you guys one day don´t have to lag around european servers. :)

Im from north africa but still an african server would be much appreciated.

I wonder if BSG would be the first game to add a north african server (would be the first time playing with 7 ms instead of 70 on eu).

Cheers

Edited by Omegah

Honestly speaking. I've spoken to so many people that are very interested in the game, but the idea of spending R900ZAR upward, on a game with 200+ puts them off. They would gladly Invest given there are servers locally. 

I am fine playing with 160 ping, and when EU servers get laggy I go play on NA with 230-260 ping. Not struggling at all. We are just too small of a playerbase to get our own servers, the best thing would be South American servers since we got that new link to that continent which brings the ping down to about 120.

@LilBlackBoy37 the issue with accepting South American servers, is that there are as of date only 2 ISP's that have cap on the SACS line. Those being cool ideas and Crystal Web. Consider for a moment how many players (myself included) do not have access to fibre through these ISPs. So we have to suffer with lag, bad connections, dying due to not even seeing an enemy etc. A server would be nice. And I cannot understand, why 99% of the people who play this game, cried for one. And now that it might somewhere in the near future become a reality, now everyone is anal and doesn't want it. You guys do realize, you could have the server, and still also play on EU if you wish? It doesn't mean you are forever bound to only this region.

So spread some positive energy, and let's get a server. Because the player base will grow a lot more if we do have local servers. Think long term gents. Not about your own personal agenda. 

• Like 1

What is the current status? We have 118 people that voted. I reckon that is about as much as we are going to get from our ZA facebook group to vote here.

We shared this post on our biggest gaming community, ZAGA, as well. We could only muster 118.

Can the dev's give us an estimation of how many players we would need to keep the maps occupied. I  roughly calculated we would need more than 200 people to keep a match time of <10 minutes on a map.